Photo

[Utility]Flash CWM or TWRP Recovery-1 Click {UPDATED-7-11-13} V6!

recovery one click razr hd cwm clockworkmod

• Please log in to reply
315 replies to this topic

#121 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

I have both SS and TWRP installed. So when I go into my stock rom SS is disabled that means I am on stock with TWRP for recovery. I havent flashed anything in safe or twrp yet. I did make a backup in TWRP. If I flash a rom in TWRP that is what would be in my stock slot in SS I think. So at that point why wouldnt SS still work? Unless TWRP and SS dont play nice together and wont let me flash unless I get rid of SS

#122 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:10 AM

Hey tucstwo, in V2 (which is the file I checked) there are a few things you'll want to change in the run.bat:

Each "dd" line (something like this):
adb shell "su -c 'dd if=/data/local/tmp/twrprecovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/twrprecovery' "

Needs the of=___ portion edited to be:
adb shell "su -c 'dd if=/data/local/tmp/twrprecovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery' "

(there's no partition named "twrprecovery", only "recovery")

I think there's 3 total lines in the script which need that fix:
#38: adb shell "su -c 'dd if=/data/local/tmp/twrprecovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/twrprecovery' "
#53: adb shell "su -c 'dd if=/data/local/tmp/cwmrecovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cwmrecovery' "
#67: adb shell "su -c 'dd if=/data/local/tmp/motorecovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/motorecovery' "

GL.

ah thank you! You're very right. I rushed through this last night and that one flew right over my head.

Like I said to everyone last night, I am going to re-do this tool this AM just so sit tight people!
  • jroc and triskropf97 like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#123 triskropf97

triskropf97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Google+:Triskropf@gmail.com
  • LocationNashville, AR
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

ah thank you! You're very right. I rushed through this last night and that one flew right over my head.

Like I said to everyone last night, I am going to re-do this tool this AM just so sit tight people!

will this fix my problem?? :)

#124 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

I used V1 and it worked but the first couple times I tried it I had a generic cord when I switched to a moto cord it worked.

#125 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

V3 WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! Excellent, BIG THANKS tucstwo! :D

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#126 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

I've updated the OP to version 3, the only version. It should work for everyone now.
  • satman80 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#127 jasonjw12

jasonjw12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Twitter:@jasonjw12
  • Google+:jasonjw12

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

Tried v3 and get the following:

Choose Which Recovery You Want to Flash or Exit
1. Team Win Recovery
2. Clockworkmod Recovery
3. Stock Motorola Recovery
4. Exit
Chose 1, 2, 3 or 4 then press enter1
Connecting to your phone
Let's Do this
cannot stat 'twrprecovery.img': No such file or directory
/data/local/tmp/twrprecovery.img: cannot open for read: No such file or director
y
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/twrprecovery.img, No such file or directory
Complete
Press any key to continue . . .

After which I land on dead android/exclamation

EDIT: Tried a second time (decided not to run the bat as Administrator) and it worked, rebooted the device into TWRP.

Thanks!

#128 triskropf97

triskropf97

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Google+:Triskropf@gmail.com
  • LocationNashville, AR

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:33 AM

about to try V3!! fingers crossed! :ph34r:

edit: GREAT SCOTTT!! it worked!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thnks tucstwo!!! and hash!
  • satman80 and jtommyj like this

#129 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

Tried v3 and get the following:

Choose Which Recovery You Want to Flash or Exit
1. Team Win Recovery
2. Clockworkmod Recovery
3. Stock Motorola Recovery
4. Exit
Chose 1, 2, 3 or 4 then press enter1
Connecting to your phone
Let's Do this
cannot stat 'twrprecovery.img': No such file or directory
/data/local/tmp/twrprecovery.img: cannot open for read: No such file or director
y
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/twrprecovery.img, No such file or directory
Complete
Press any key to continue . . .

After which I land on dead android/exclamation

Did you try pressing vol up and down on the dead android and the rec and if it works it will bring you to twrp

#130 fagioli

fagioli

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

I am confused. Can this be done on Linux or on the device itself or is this is a windows file?

#131 dstrainer

dstrainer

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

I've updated the OP to version 3, the only version. It should work for everyone now.

Worked flawlessly. Thanks!

#132 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:45 AM

What he said ^^^^^^ wow!

Proud father of a US Marine

#133 ndarmitage

ndarmitage

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:58 AM

This worked perfectly for me. Note: I didn't have SS installed, just rooted/unlocked 4.1.2. Thanks to all involved!

#134 skinien

skinien

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:23 AM

We are in new territory here now. The days of bootstrap recoveries are over. It's time now to FINALLY be rid of that silly old Motorola Recovery.

How? I'm going to show you. It's quite easy. All you need to do is download this nifty little tool I made for you and it's easy as click.

Just make sure you've got your drivers installed, USB debugging is enabled and that you have UNZIPPED this package BEFORE you run it.

Important cause some people are having trouble with EITHER method here. Grab Root Explorer or ES File Explorer, browse to /system/etc/install-recovery.sh. Long press on it and rename it to install-recovery.sh.bak so that is't not called out in the future. Then follow along with the instructions below. I was am going to consolidate everything tomorrow. So long as you follow this step, you can just run Version 2.

Be

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Download Link Below
Unzip
Plug in Phone
Hit "Run"
????
Profit

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Changelog:
Click to

Thank you all for your help

You guys are making this wayyyyy to easy. Thank you!!

#135 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

OKay so let me get this straight someone wasted time making a .bat file to flash a recovery and the .bat file itself takes longer to download than the recovery of choice? Why not just get the recoveries and rename them TWRP.img and CWR.img. And teach people to type fastboot flash recovery twrp.img as opposed to spoon feeding them? Want happened to forums being a place to learn that was the purpose and what this forum was supposed to be when it started.
  • Narffran and RoomTenONine like this

#136 newskate9

newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

OKay so let me get this straight someone wasted time making a .bat file to flash a recovery and the .bat file itself takes longer to download than the recovery of choice? Why not just get the recoveries and rename them TWRP.img and CWR.img. And teach people to type fastboot flash recovery twrp.img as opposed to spoon feeding them? Want happened to forums being a place to learn that was the purpose and what this forum was supposed to be when it started.

Did you miss a dose today, or something?

Lighten up, my friend. There are instructions out there for folks who wish to walk alone, and those who like a bit of hand-holding. As both are for the finding, why so glum? The person "wasting their time" is doing it for their own enjoyment and value add to the community - and they and others are quite good at it. And, what they do is very appreciated.
  • Shenn likes this

Proud father of a US Marine

#137 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

#138 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

Did you miss a dose today, or something?

Lighten up, my friend. There are instructions out there for folks who wish to walk alone, and those who like a bit of hand-holding. As both are for the finding, why so glum? The person "wasting their time" is doing it for their own enjoyment and value add to the community - and they and others are quite good at it. And, what they do is very appreciated.

Because this is the exact opposite of what the forum was supposed to be when it started that's. Automating Fastboot commands has become Development here?

#139 Guest_Jolly_*

Guest_Jolly_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:44 AM

Dave this $#!+ isn't what me, Cassy, You and Big had in mind when this place started people where supposed to learn.

#140 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Because this is the exact opposite of what the forum was supposed to be when it started that's. Automating Fastboot commands has become Development here?

I can see the use for one clicks but for new guys it is essential to learn the fundamentals of the Android SDK. I say this cause ppl don't no what these tools are doing. If it fails you are stuck with no knowledge to fix your phone. Having a unlocked phone is way different then owning the typical moto phone.
  • Narffran and vtwinbmx like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recovery, one click, razr hd, cwm, clockworkmod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users