• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#81 archcantor

archcantor

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):RazrMaxx HD XT926, Asus Transformer TF-101, Samsung Tab2 7"

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'm in TWRP v2.5.0.0 and looking at the Mount section and the only options I see are:

Unmount Data
Unmount Cache
Unmount SDCard

Use external SD Use internal SD

Mount USB Storage

I'm not seeing the option to mount Boot. Is this because I haven't wiped my phone? I am rooted and unlocked, deleted SS but haven't flashed over my stock 4.1.2 yet.

I don't think wiping the phone has anything to do with how TWRP runs.

In TWRP 2.5.0.0 I get

System
Data
Cache
Micro SDcard
Modem

I do not have any options to use Ext SD Card

In TWRP 2.4.0.0 I get

System
Data
Cache
SD Card

and I get Use Ext SD card or use Int Storage.

That's why I use 2.4.4.0 because I want to backup to and restore from external SD.

My phone is an XT926.

Edit:  See below.  Megaroad corrected me as follows:
2.5 does have the option to backup to external SD. It's toward the bottom. It's a grey bar that says "Storage: Internal Storage." You tap that and you can switch it to "

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

card."

#82 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:25 PM

In TWRP 2.5.0.0 I get

System
Data
Cache
Micro SDcard
Modem

In TWRP 2.4.0.0 I get

System
Data
Cache
SD Card

That's why I use 2.4.4.0 because I want to backup to and restore from external SD.

My phone is an XT926.

2.5 does have the option to backup to external SD. It's toward the bottom. It's a grey bar that says "Storage: Internal Storage." You tap that and you can switch it to "microSD card."

Regarding the Mount - yeah, he should see:

System
Data
Cache
Micro SDcard
modem
  • archcantor likes this

#83 archcantor

archcantor

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Current Device(s):RazrMaxx HD XT926, Asus Transformer TF-101, Samsung Tab2 7"

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

2.5 does have the option to backup to external SD. It's toward the bottom. It's a grey bar that says "Storage: Internal Storage." You tap that and you can switch it to "microSD card."

Regarding the Mount - yeah, he should see:

System
Data
Cache
Micro SDcard
modem

Hey Megaroad, thanks for the tip. When I saw that bar I never thought of tapping it! I appreciate the response.

#84 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Hey Megaroad, thanks for the tip. When I saw that bar I never thought of tapping it! I appreciate the response.

No problem - yeah it does look more like something that is just telling you something, as opposed to a button.

#85 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:@GillRigged
  • LocationNW WI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Droid RAZR M

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

In TWRP 2.5.0.0 I get

System
Data
Cache
Micro SDcard
Modem

In TWRP 2.4.0.0 I get

System
Data
Cache
SD Card

My phone is an XT926.

Well, WTF. I just flashed CWM and all options are in that recovery. This is really bugging me. I accidentally started a backup in CWM. When that is done I am going to try and reflash TWRP and see if it's any different. Do you happen to know where I can get 2.4.0.0???

#86 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Well, WTF. I just flashed CWM and all options are in that recovery. This is really bugging me. I accidentally started a backup in CWM. When that is done I am going to try and reflash TWRP and see if it's any different. Do you happen to know where I can get 2.4.0.0???

Not sure about 2.4...you can get 2.5 here:

The things I listed are what I see when I go into the "Mount" section of TWRP 2.5

#87 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNW WI

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Not sure about 2.4...you can get 2.5 here:

The things I listed are what I see when I go into the "Mount" section of TWRP 2.5

Yeah I flashed from that post and same thing. This sucks. If I can't mount system then TWRP is pretty much useless to me. I have flashed it several times from two different topics/devs and still having the same issue. Not sure why I have the option to mount USB Storage when my device isn't even plugged in.

#88 Guest_Megaroad_*

Guest_Megaroad_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Yeah I flashed from that post and same thing. This sucks. If I can't mount system then TWRP is pretty much useless to me. I have flashed it several times from two different topics/devs and still having the same issue. Not sure why I have the option to mount USB Storage when my device isn't even plugged in.

That's weird. Does it say "Team Win Recovery Project v 2.5.0.0" at the top of the screen? I ask because it sounds as if it's something different.

#89 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNW WI

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Deleted

#90 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNW WI

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

That's weird. Does it say "Team Win Recovery Project v 2.5.0.0" at the top of the screen? I ask because it sounds as if it's something different.

Sure does. And now that I think about it, I was having boot animation issues and had to restore. I wiped everything from my phone and tried to restore from backup. I got a message saying that there was no boot.img (paraphrasing) and that I had to mount system. I went to mount and didn't see the option so I ended up having to start over with SBFing.

Sent from my rooted Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Sorry. Forgot to quote you. :wacko:

#91 llawen

llawen

android tweaker

• Superuser
  • 551 posts
  • Twitter:@llawen
  • LocationGlenn hieghts, Texas
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Just a quick question. It has been said that we can flash dev edition ROMs and such. But what about RAZR m ROMs? Is it same phone internals. Or is RAZR m ROMs off limits

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#92 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:@Adam_Swint
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Razr M

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

Just a quick question. It has been said that we can flash dev edition ROMs and such. But what about RAZR m ROMs? Is it same phone internals. Or is RAZR m ROMs off limits

RAZR M roms are a no no.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2
  • llawen likes this

owCdSyp.jpg

#93 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Twitter:koftheworld

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Atrix hd ROMs can be used

• llawen likes this

#94 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationNW WI

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Still haven't figured out my TWRP issue. I tried 2.4.2.0, 2.4.4.0 & 2.5.0.0. ALL display the samething in the Mount menu. :( I'm SOL until I can figure this out. Can't install anything if I'm unable to mount System.

#95 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Still haven't figured out my TWRP issue. I tried 2.4.2.0, 2.4.4.0 & 2.5.0.0. ALL display the samething in the Mount menu. :( I'm SOL until I can figure this out. Can't install anything if I'm unable to mount System.

Have you tried the 4.1.2 dst package on Dr?

#96 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

I have a question. I do have the mount system option, but I have NEVER used it. It is unchecked at the moment. TWRP 2500. Installed CM10.1 just fine as well as other roms. Just curious why it's such a huge deal.

owCdSyp.jpg

#97 koftheworld

koftheworld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

I have a question. I do have the mount system option, but I have NEVER used it. It is unchecked at the moment. TWRP 2500. Installed CM10.1 just fine as well as other roms. Just curious why it's such a huge deal.

You need that option when flashing any of the safestrap compatible roms.

#98 dru21281

dru21281

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Google+:dru21281
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD, Droid X, Razr, HTC Rezound

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

Im not sure what the problem could be with your recovery, but there are a couple things you can try on top of what you already have...  

1) In TWRP 2.5.0.0, when you are in the Mount Menu, there are also two options in the middle of the screen. 1. Use external storage 2. Use internal storage .  This might not matter but try tapping each one and see if it toggles...   Its confusing sometimes to see which it is set to, esp. with my theme.

2) If that does not work go to settings and click Restore Defaults.  Then reboot, recovery.  

3) Another thing you can try is to put a custom theme for TWRP.  I use the red from here : 

It is pretty easy to install, just download it on your comp. or phone and place what ever theme file .zip you want active into the TWRP folder.  Just rename the zip to ui.zip to activate it once in the folder.  

4) If those things dont help then you may have to fastboot either to whatever kernal you are on, or use Matt's Utility to go back to ICS and start from scratch.  I like to use the utility every month or so just so I know I have deleted everything on the phone and sd card(I erase sd in settings/storage on ICS).  This way I know my phone is working as it should and nothing is effecting it from all the flashing.  Since we have the motochopper to root and  bootloader unlocked via motopocalyse there is nothing to worry about when downgrading.  

5) Have you made any backups?  If not make one and see what happens?  Does it backup 3 partitions?  It will say it on the screen when backup is in progress.  Under wipe, do you have the option for system?

6) Also even if you have no mount system option, you can still flash cm10.1 or cm10 through TWRP. 

7) You can flash the boot.img via zip in recovery, or manually with fastboot prior to flashing a rom.  Here is the zip for 4.1.2 boot image 

8) Have you tried CWM recovery?

#99 brandenstoll

brandenstoll

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

Anyone on a ROM that will let us use Google Wallet yet?

#100 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

Anyone on a ROM that will let us use Google Wallet yet?

A few guys on droidrzr including myself gave been working on it. It includes editing the build.prop and junk like that. I'll try it again since epinter's CM10.1 may have fixed NFC stuffs.

owCdSyp.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users