#421 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Just saying, rather than continue to languish in one click lala land with packaged solutions handed down to us from the likes of the OP of this thread, we need to step up our game.Maybe I'm reading 

I'm sorry, perhaps I'm misunderstanding you. But what's wrong with the OP of this thread? Granted, Dan didn't NEED to make it 1 click, but I'm not aware of ANYONE who's offered roots for Motos in any way, shape or form for a LONG TIME. Why criticize it?

Again, If I'm misunderstanding you, I apologize. But if I'm not, than whats the issue with him?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#422 CellZealot

CellZealot

n00b

• Superuser
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

What I said was in no way a criticism of djrbliss in any sense whatsoever, simply a call to action to be both more aware and self reliant and to try and think through challenges of this nature.

I am quite certain Dan would agree with me actually, and he has had a long and contentious relationship with the Android community in general and the Motorola community specifically over their attitude towards people like him who have lavished great gifts on all of us, time after time pulling our collective asses out of the fire.

Things change...and the likelihood of that continuing appears to be slim to none.

It is incumbent upon all of us to smarten up and pay attention for our own benefit, that's all I am suggesting!
  • SamuriHL and bdazzg1 like this

#423 JungleKing76

JungleKing76

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Not workin for me. It just tells me to press any key and then get stuck after 2 lines. It says:
Waiting for device...
Daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037
Daemon started successfully

then just stops. Im using windows 8 pc, trying to root a XT907 on 4.1.2

[EDIT] When I run the batch with the phone not plugged in, it does the same thing.

This may be a dumb question but just making sure....you have the Motorola drivers installed in your computer. I have windows 8 too and have never had an issue so I don't think it is that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

#424 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

In windoze 8 typically you will need to right click and run as administrator ....:) Works for some.... not for others..... Also.... you need to have USB debugging enabled on your phone...... And even with the phone unplugged it will only go that far because it is "waiting for device" .... it can't continue until it properly recognizes a device....:) ... telekinectically tapping, tenaciously traversing the terrain...
  • shane1 likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#425 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:45 AM

What I said was in no way a criticism of djrbliss in any sense whatsoever, simply a call to action to be both more aware and self reliant and to try and think through challenges of this nature.

I am quite certain Dan would agree with me actually, and he has had a long and contentious relationship with the Android community in general and the Motorola community specifically over their attitude towards people like him who have lavished great gifts on all of us, time after time pulling our collective asses out of the fire.

Things change...and the likelihood of that continuing appears to be slim to none.

It is incumbent upon all of us to smarten up and pay attention for our own benefit, that's all I am suggesting!

Could not agree more.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• shane1 likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#426 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:46 AM

And you need to make sure you're not using usb 3 ports. That won't work.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• shane1 likes this

#427 Beanerman

Beanerman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Current Device(s):RazrM

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

oh i thought you meant the link for it in the op. my bad. its not seeing your device its probably because of windows 8 there is a workaround i think but i dont know what it is. also if your on the newest update this wont work for you. wish i could be more help

Yea bud I was talking about the link in the OP. Thank u. But for some reason I can't get it to download

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#428 arodin

arodin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

I used this AMAZING tutorial, your youtube video, and your driver packages from your site to root a few weeks ago, and it worked like a charm (thank you!!). Last week my phone auto-installed a Verizon sw update, which looks like it somehow disabled my root (is this possible?).

I tried to re-root again using this tutorial, but it's not working anymore.  Before re-rooting, I did the following again:

-USB debugging is enabled -- DONE
-Latest USB drivers installed -- DONE

My Droid Razr M phone is currently running the following:
-System Version: 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US
-Model Number: Droid Razr M
-Android Version: 4.1.2
-Base version: SM_BP_101032.020.32.78P
-Kernel Version: 3.0.31-g101ca72
-Build: 9.8.1Q-78

I get a fail when I use the run.bat file -- any ideas?

[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[*] Pushing exploit...
4574 KB/s (1283460 bytes in 0.273s)
[*] Pushing root tools...
4909 KB/s (366952 bytes in 0.072s)
4787 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.380s)
4788 KB/s (1578585 bytes in 0.321s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Success
[*] Rooting phone...
[+] This may take a few minutes.
[-] Failure.
[*] Cleaning up...
[*] Exploit complete. Press enter to reboot and exit.
Press any key to continue .

#429 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

I used this AMAZING tutorial, your youtube video, and your driver packages from your site to root a few weeks ago, and it worked like a charm (thank you!!). Last week my phone auto-installed a Verizon sw update, which looks like it somehow disabled my root (is this possible?).

I tried to re-root again using this tutorial, but it's not working anymore.  Before re-rooting, I did the following again:

-USB debugging is enabled -- DONE
-Latest USB drivers installed -- DONE

My Droid Razr M phone is currently running the following:
-System Version: 98.18.78.XT907.Verizon.en.US
-Model Number: Droid Razr M
-Android Version: 4.1.2
-Base version: SM_BP_101032.020.32.78P
-Kernel Version: 3.0.31-g101ca72
-Build: 9.8.1Q-78

I get a fail when I use the run.bat file -- any ideas?

[*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[*] Device found.
[*] Pushing exploit...
4574 KB/s (1283460 bytes in 0.273s)
[*] Pushing root tools...
4909 KB/s (366952 bytes in 0.072s)
4787 KB/s (1867568 bytes in 0.380s)
4788 KB/s (1578585 bytes in 0.321s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk
Success
[*] Rooting phone...
[+] This may take a few minutes.
[-] Failure.
[*] Cleaning up...
[*] Exploit complete. Press enter to reboot and exit.
Press any key to continue .

The update blocks this root exploit as well as the bootloader unlock motopocalypse .  IF you unlocked your bootloader prior to the recent update, you can restore root through a custom recovery.  If not, there is no current exploit for root.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#430 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Thanks you. Like I was saying. I was pretty sure I misunderstood your post, which is why I apologized in advance. But thank you for clearing it up for me.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#431 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

The update blocks this root exploit as well as the bootloader unlock motopocalypse . IF you unlocked your bootloader prior to the recent update, you can restore root through a custom recovery. If not, there is no current exploit for root.

I didn't want to void the warranty of a new phone so I waited. You snooze, you lose. You sleep, you weep. Got any more? LOL

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#432 CellZealot

CellZealot

n00b

• Superuser
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:34 PM

Thanks you. Like I was saying. I was pretty sure I misunderstood your post, which is why I apologized in advance. But thank you for clearing it up for me.

No problem and no apology needed.

The undertone of anger you were responding to was really directed at lazy users who demand one click solutions that allow them to do everything they want without the need to understand any of the underlying knowledge base and techniques that would give them the tools to work through many problems themselves.

Thanks for the opportunity to make that point much more definitively! ;)
  • SamuriHL and johnthehillbilly like this

#433 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Crew

No problem and no apology needed.

The undertone of anger you were responding to was really directed at lazy users who demand one click solutions that allow them to do everything they want without the need to understand any of the underlying knowledge base and techniques that would give them the tools to work through many problems themselves.

Thanks for the opportunity to make that point much more definitively! ;)

I've certainly been guilty of providing 1 click scripts and the like myself, but I always write out step by step what it does, how it works and what the commands do so those can learn.
  • johnthehillbilly and tomv5314 like this

#434 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,505 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Crew I've certainly been guilty of providing 1 click scripts and the like myself, but I always write out step by step what it does, how it works and what the commands do so those can learn.

Me, as well.  Anyone who's entered the House of Bionic knows my stance on user responsibility.  I provide the tools but I expect people to learn what they do and I provide the resources for people to learn.  The goal was not just to give the community a tool to use, but, to make better, more educated users, as well.  I'm not sure how successful I've been, but, that's been a stated goal since the beginning.  People like CZ and Timmy10shoes are my mentors in the Android world, and they expected me to learn the why not just the how.  I appreciate that very much. ;)

• rickw, johnthehillbilly and tomv5314 like this

#435 vamp2613

vamp2613

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:51 AM

Hello everyone. I just want to tell everybody what worked for me a few days ago. First off this was my problem. I had root from motochopper when the 9.18 update came through. I knew all about voodoo and protecting root. But from all the crazy hours I've been working I guess I wasn't thinking right, when I forgot to protect my root before installing the update. So there I was with no root and an updated phone and no unlocked bootloader. Reading all the forum posts really had me discouraged I wouldn't be able to root my phone again. But I did think of one way that could possibly work or could possibly... Well let's just say not work. I thought If I could flash it back to stock with matts DROID utility I would be back to 9.16 and be able to root again then protect root and install the update. Well that's exactly what I did and it worked on my DROID RAZR maxx hd. I used option 1 on the utility to flash back. And option 3 to root. Then I protected root with voodoo and kept root. With a locked bootloader. I am not responsible for your phone if this does not work for you. I am just saying that this worked for me. Good luck and sorry about the novel.

#436 Devilalwayscries

Devilalwayscries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY
  • Current Device(s):droid razr maxx hd, og droid razr

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

Hello everyone. I just want to tell everybody what worked for me a few days ago. First off this was my problem. I had root from motochopper when the 9.18 update came through. I knew all about voodoo and protecting root. But from all the crazy hours I've been working I guess I wasn't thinking right, when I forgot to protect my root before installing the update. So there I was with no root and an updated phone and no unlocked bootloader. Reading all the forum posts really had me discouraged I wouldn't be able to root my phone again. But I did think of one way that could possibly work or could possibly... Well let's just say not work. I thought If I could flash it back to stock with matts DROID utility I would be back to 9.16 and be able to root again then protect root and install the update. Well that's exactly what I did and it worked on my DROID RAZR maxx hd. I used option 1 on the utility to flash back. And option 3 to root. Then I protected root with voodoo and kept root. With a locked bootloader. I am not responsible for your phone if this does not work for you. I am just saying that this worked for me. Good luck and sorry about the novel.

From what I understand (could be wrong) locked boot loader you can't downgrade it just simply fails your stuck on that update until they decide to drop another... Or someone comes around and figures out root and unlocks the boot loader again.

#437 Devilalwayscries

Devilalwayscries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:16 AM

I didn't want to void the warranty of a new phone so I waited. You snooze, you lose. You sleep, you weep. Got any more? LOL

You don't have insurance? Because realistically (from what I've read) it really really hard to completely brick an unlocked phone I guess I like to live dangerously I guess

#438 vamp2613

vamp2613

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

It worked for me mate. I was weary myself. But I'm glad I did

• livinginkaos likes this

#439 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:58 AM

From what I understand (could be wrong) locked boot loader you can't downgrade it just simply fails your stuck on that update until they decide to drop another... Or someone comes around and figures out root and unlocks the boot loader again.

It will not fail if you skip the tz partition. I haven't looked at Matt's utility, but I'm pretty sure it only restores system, radio, boot, aboot... But none of the bootloader stuff. Which is why the above user was successful. Granted, he can not unlock his bootloader but he can still be rooted.

#440 Devilalwayscries

Devilalwayscries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:02 AM

It will not fail if you skip the tz partition. I haven't looked at Matt's utility, but I'm pretty sure it only restores system, radio, boot, aboot... But none of the bootloader stuff. Which is why the above user was successful. Granted, he can not unlock his bootloader but he can still be rooted.

as I see that's cool learn something new everyday

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users