761 replies to this topic

#441 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:02 AM

Hello everyone. I just want to tell everybody what worked for me a few days ago. First off this was my problem. I had root from motochopper when the 9.18 update came through. I knew all about voodoo and protecting root. But from all the crazy hours I've been working I guess I wasn't thinking right, when I forgot to protect my root before installing the update. So there I was with no root and an updated phone and no unlocked bootloader. Reading all the forum posts really had me discouraged I wouldn't be able to root my phone again. But I did think of one way that could possibly work or could possibly... Well let's just say not work. I thought If I could flash it back to stock with matts DROID utility I would be back to 9.16 and be able to root again then protect root and install the update. Well that's exactly what I did and it worked on my DROID RAZR maxx hd. I used option 1 on the utility to flash back. And option 3 to root. Then I protected root with voodoo and kept root. With a locked bootloader. I am not responsible for your phone if this does not work for you. I am just saying that this worked for me. Good luck and sorry about the novel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

SWEET!  Someone finally tried it.  We were discussing this method earlier but no one on a locked bootloader had tried it yet.  Thank you for posting your experience.  Now there's a method for people to use to get root back.  

Non potest esse nisi unus

#442 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

SWEET!  Someone finally tried it.  We were discussing this method earlier but no one on a locked bootloader had tried it yet.  Thank you for posting your experience.  Now there's a method for people to use to get root back.  

Can someone create a thread for this so we have the info in one place and people can post their experience??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#443 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:06 AM

And that's exactly right.  If you skip the following flashes it should work:

<step operation="flash" partition="partition" filename="gpt_main0.bin" MD5="D4F1525BFD021AFAF10CD31FBCB369EB" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl1" filename="sbl1.mbn" MD5="23BA18C75436E8EA45238AF69C4B5511" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl2" filename="sbl2.mbn" MD5="FE8BF8FA075FB6667F69C936DD51B3AA" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="sbl3" filename="sbl3.mbn" MD5="003EE842B3ADA1274C22BDCA88887956" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="rpm" filename="rpm.mbn" MD5="EA4A9F1C0853649AD88616F46180E8F5" />
    <step operation="flash" partition="tz" filename="tz.mbn" MD5="379059B8A19DD311006908937C2CDA6B" />

<step operation="flash" partition="fsg" filename="fsg.mbn" MD5="DC3DFD0CFA4D993EBD525999D693307B" />

So flash all of the files EXCEPT these above and you should be able to "downgrade" enough to root, protect root, take the update, and restore root.  I can make a custom RSD script if people would find that helpful?

#444 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:06 AM

Can someone create a thread for this so we have the info in one place and people can post their experience??

I started writing it last night, but you know my guides, they tend to be very descriptive and include the files, etc. I will be posting the completed on this morning.
  • Memnoch73, rickw and SamuriHL like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#445 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

I'd like to see a few more people try it who've lost root, but, yea, we can make a thread with a util and/or RSD script and instructions so that people can make this work.

#446 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

I started writing it last night, but you know my guides, they tend to be very descriptive and include the files, etc. I will be posting the completed on this morning.

Even better!

#447 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:09 AM

So flash all of the files EXCEPT these above and you should be able to "downgrade" enough to root, protect root, take the update, and restore root. I can make a custom RSD script if people would find that helpful?

If you want to make a custom RSD deal for that, I will include it in the guide I have written as opposed to people needing to download a utility or me having to use a bat script.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#448 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

Got a learning question so the reason why it works is Matts utility? Whats the difference why does it fail coming from regular 4.1.2 and work they other way being both were protected trying it.

#449 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:10 AM

If you want to make a custom RSD deal for that, I will include it in the guide I have written as opposed to people needing to download a utility or me having to use a bat script.

Give me 5 minutes and I'll write it and host it on my MF account.

#450 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

Give me 5 minutes and I'll write it and host it on my MF account.

Sounds good. I'll be back at my pc in twenty minutes or so and I'll finish it up.

#451 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

Got a learning question so the reason why it works is Matts utility? Whats the difference why does it fail coming from regular 4.1.2 and work they other way being both were protected trying it.

Matt's util isn't flashing all the "protected" partitions.  And that's why it works.  When I post my RSD script in a minute check it out and you'll see what I remove if you compare it to the FXZ's script.

#452 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:14 AM

Thanks that what I thought.

#453 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

Sounds good. I'll be back at my pc in twenty minutes or so and I'll finish it up.

Chrome just blew up on me and lost all my bookmarks so it took a bit longer than I had hoped.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Just drop that in the FXZ you want to downgrade to and flash it with RSD and it should do the trick.  I can't test it given that I'm on an unlocked bootloader and also am not using the HD anymore, but, if there are any issues with it I'll fix it.

#454 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Chrome just blew up on me and lost all my bookmarks so it took a bit longer than I had hoped.

Just drop that in the FXZ you want to downgrade to and flash it with RSD and it should do the trick. I can't test it given that I'm on an unlocked bootloader and also am not using the HD anymore, but, if there are any issues with it I'll fix it.

Thanks you. I'm finishing this guide up now.
  • SamuriHL likes this

#455 CellZealot

CellZealot

n00b

• Superuser
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

Nice progress folks! Congrats!

Lets not forget to thank realbbb for the idea and inspiration! ;)
  • SamuriHL likes this

#456 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

Just drop that in the FXZ you want to downgrade to and flash it with RSD and it should do the trick.  I can't test it given that I'm on an unlocked bootloader and also am not using the HD anymore, but, if there are any issues with it I'll fix it.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but the "MR2" fastboot files doesn't include an aboot or a modem. Any reason you included those?

And where'd you get those hash's from if there is not aboot or modem?

#457 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

yeah, the hashes don't match. I'm confused? 

#458 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

I just took it from the latest FXZ.  Let me look.  The hashes don't do jack btw.

#459 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,475 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

Ummm, are you taking prescription drugs we don't know about?  LMAO.  MR2 most certainly does have all those files.  Here's the RSD script directly out of the MR2 zip:

#460 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

strange...the one I downloaded off of SBF developers the other night didn't include all that. I'm gonna redownload it and check again

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users