#881 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hey guys, I had a suggestion a while back for changing the BatteryMod Icons. so I decided to go through and change the font to Roboto text, giving it more of an ICS look and feel. .. and imo looks much cleaner now! This version is currently Not in the ROM found in OP (BW_ICS-M5-FULL.zip), so this being totally optional, since its all about choices.. ..... is available for

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Preview:
Posted Image
  • [(- reboot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik, flash; Enjoy -)]

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#882 Mistah

Mistah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:14 AM

Another way to try to get data back would be to reboot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvik, then reboot normally.

i could get it back, but i work on call so i need my phone to always be working properly, cant risk it losing service while i am sleeping and miss my call to work. Will be trying this ROM again soon as its updated :)

#883 Fabrikator

Fabrikator

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

I'm new to the razr and new to flashing roms. I flashed black widow a couple days ago and I really like it. My battery life is a lot better than stock. The only issue I've ran into is the loss of data. But I knew about that before I flashed.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#884 biggiesmalls657

biggiesmalls657

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Google+:biggiesmalls657@gmail.com
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:18 AM

I'm new to the razr and new to flashing roms. I flashed black widow a couple days ago and I really like it. My battery life is a lot better than stock. The only issue I've ran into is the loss of data. But I knew about that before I flashed.

yeah black widow ics is the best rom (my opinion) for the razr!

#885 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

I followed the steps for installing, but i'm getting an installation abort. This is for the safe system:enabled side, right?

#886 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

I followed the steps for installing, but i'm getting an installation abort. This is for the safe system:enabled side, right?

yes you must be on the safe system to flash. & If your running version 1.07 recovery, you need to upgrade to 1.09, and you will Not get an installation aborted. :wub:

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#887 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Indeed, i have 1.09.. just for this rom :). I'm on a mac so i'm not sure if that changes anything, but when i download the file it's already in a folder form. The only thing i can do to make it a zip is to compress it and that reduces its size by 100mb. I tried on windows.. but it won't detect my phone grr >->

#888 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Indeed, i have 1.09.. just for this rom :). I'm on a mac so i'm not sure if that changes anything, but when i download the file it's already in a folder form. The only thing i can do to make it a zip is to compress it and that reduces its size by 100mb. I tried on windows.. but it won't detect my phone grr >->

huh? skip the whole computer thing, switch your phone to 4g or enable wifi, download the BW_ICS-M5-FULL.zip onto your phone, use a file explorer program and move the zip to your sdcard-ext. reboot into safestrap, then follow the install directions given in the OP and you shall have no problems installing. . but you gotta follow the directions from the OP~ :ph34r:

Posted Image

#889 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:40 AM

Ok i'll give it a try, thanks for advice. Just a quick question... where do i go to check MD5?

#890 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Ok i'll give it a try, thanks for advice. Just a quick question... where do i go to check MD5?

np, from your pc you can use any program (i use FastSum 1.9), but on your phone, you just locate the zip *using a file explorer*, then long press on it and select Properties. then in the next window that comes up will display the checksum for you to compare. ..

Posted Image

#891 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

Awesome thanks, i got it working. For the other files, when i follow your instructions do i install from sd card or install update from sd card?

#892 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

everything i post will/should have directions with it, but Yes, for Dark-gapps and the optional batterymod which i just updated, will both be flashed, 1 install per session in recovery... wipe cache and dalvik, flash, enjoy!~

Posted Image

#893 Sindrakes

Sindrakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Awesome, thanks a lot. Amazing ROM... x10 better than stock. I'll donate when my deposit goes through tomorrow.
  • andlaw likes this

#894 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Awesome, thanks a lot. Amazing ROM... x10 better than stock. I'll donate when my deposit goes through tomorrow.

Thank you sir~ just a reminder, since this is built off GB, you will more than likely need to toggle data after rebooting, which is a simple toggle, and i have a video displaying how to do so (found in the OP)
Any other questions/comments, ask away~ and as always, Enjoy the darkness. .. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#895 nie

nie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

i got an error when trying to flash the battery mod. it says sth (Status 0). i did wiped cache and dalvik

#896 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:32 AM

i got an error when trying to flash the battery mod. it says sth (Status 0). i did wiped cache and dalvik

i downloaded from the link in OP and flashed it successfully through Safestrap 1.09,
what recovery are you using?

Posted Image

#897 kalewsiukas

kalewsiukas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:44 AM

Why the answer button is of the screen when I get a call?

#898 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

Why the answer button is of the screen when I get a call?

and is an already known issue. .. :ph34r:

Posted Image

#899 nie

nie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:16 AM

i downloaded from the link in OP and flashed it successfully through Safestrap 1.09,
what recovery are you using?

bootstrap v2

#900 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

bootstrap v2

tomorrow i will throw together another zip with a different update script and we can see if it will work for bootstrap. ZzzZz time right now. .. :ph34r:

*edit* or later today whatever.. guess its past midnight now lol

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DARK AOKP, DROID RAZR/MAXX, ICS 4.0.4, Spyder, Custom ROM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users