• Please log in to reply
1285 replies to this topic

#901 nie

nie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:25 AM

tomorrow i will throw together another zip with a different update script and we can see if it will work for bootstrap. ZzzZz time right now. .. :ph34r:

*edit* or later today whatever.. guess its past midnight now lol

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

alright,thanks man! :D

#902 kidguyperson

kidguyperson

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:34 AM

Hello all. I just flashed this ROM yesterday after getting tired of Gummy and I loved it at first. But this morning, after fully charging the phone, I found that the battery level literally jumps from one percent to another.

For instance, when I woke up at 6:00, the battery was at 89 percent. When I reached my workplace, it was at 85 percent (which was from playing music off Play music). But then, nearly 30 min later, I checked my phone and it had plummeted to 35 percent. And then it dropped further as of a little bit ago down to 5 percent.

I do not know if this is a problem with the ROM that is being looked into or a problem with something I am doing. I would appreciate the help.

#903 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:47 AM

Hello all. I just flashed this ROM yesterday after getting tired of Gummy and I loved it at first. But this morning, after fully charging the phone, I found that the battery level literally jumps from one percent to another.

For instance, when I woke up at 6:00, the battery was at 89 percent. When I reached my workplace, it was at 85 percent (which was from playing music off Play music). But then, nearly 30 min later, I checked my phone and it had plummeted to 35 percent. And then it dropped further as of a little bit ago down to 5 percent.

I do not know if this is a problem with the ROM that is being looked into or a problem with something I am doing. I would appreciate the help.

• Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Developer
  • Posted Image
  • 554 posts

625]

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

njdave684, on 01 April 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

this rom is awesome. thank you so much. its so fast! the only thing is I lose a battery percentage ever few minutes idk why.

the first battery drain will always go rather quick.. i know my first drain was like 12 1/2 hours, even when i wasnt using it that much, but now after running it a day and already discharged the battery, i am now at 72% battery on 13h 10m 38s on battery. You can also go into System settings, battery, and it will display a chart of what processes your phone is running and how much % of battery they are consuming.... this might help to see if something IS draining your phone, but other than giving the ROM time to settle in, dont really know what else to say, other than battery life is great here!

• andlaw likes this
Posted Image

#904 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

So you took it off the charger this morning and it was at 89% ? Or did you lose 11% overnight. Do you keep it in 4G all day? maybe get a app like rom tool box pro and use the auto start and disable a ton of apps that are running that you don't need to start unless you want to use them. I'm at 72% been unplugged since 6 AM also and that is with 1 hr of screen on time
Charge it fully overnight and maybe calibrate your battery some say it helps

vtc.png

#905 desireaftergod

desireaftergod

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • LocationNH
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Maxx

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:21 AM

So you took it off the charger this morning and it was at 89% ? Or did you lose 11% overnight. Do you keep it in 4G all day? maybe get a app like rom tool box pro and use the auto start and disable a ton of apps that are running that you don't need to start unless you want to use them. I'm at 72% been unplugged since 6 AM also and that is with 1 hr of screen on time
Charge it fully overnight and maybe calibrate your battery some say it helps

can you give me a list of what you disable with ROM Toolbox Pro (Which I have)?
Posted Image

#906 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

can you give me a list of what you disable with ROM Toolbox Pro (Which I have)?

I'll send you a pm

vtc.png

#907 dirtmaster88

dirtmaster88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

Are there any known issues with DSP manager? I'm listening to pandora though some high quality headphones and nothing in DSP manager has any effect.

Is it normal for the phone to boot into cwm recovery on every reboot and power off?

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm very new to the motorola side of things (I came from a galaxy nexus). Some background info is below for what I've all done.

I just got my razr maxx this past weekend and installed this rom right away. The phone was on stock .181 when I got it. I rooted and installed bootstrap 2.0. Wiped everything as the OP stated but got stuck on the red M when booting. Went into fastboot mode and used matt's utility/script to go back to 173. I then installed vodoo root keeper and bootstrap 2.0. I then rebooted into recovery and was able to flash and boot the rom just fine after that.

#908 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:45 AM

Are there any known issues with DSP manager? I'm listening to pandora though some high quality headphones and nothing in DSP manager has any effect.

Is it normal for the phone to boot into cwm recovery on every reboot and power off?

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm very new to the motorola side of things (I came from a galaxy nexus). Some background info is below for what I've all done.

I just got my razr maxx this past weekend and installed this rom right away. The phone was on stock .181 when I got it. I rooted and installed bootstrap 2.0. Wiped everything as the OP stated but got stuck on the red M when booting. Went into fastboot mode and used matt's utility/script to go back to 173. I then installed vodoo root keeper and bootstrap 2.0. I then rebooted into recovery and was able to flash and boot the rom just fine after that.

Yes it will always go into recovery it a safe way of doing things not sure about dsp. I use full beats audio. Good seeing you here from rootzwiki

vtc.png

#909 210droid

210droid

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Locationsan Antonio

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

battery lasted pretty good on first calibration!

#910 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

this is with normal usage, i disabled juice defender and i hardly notice a difference. guess its because I'm constantly on the phone for something. ..

and here are a few benchmarks from the other day.. no overclocking, just tweaks. ..

"A truly blacked out experience"

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

[XT926 |[(BLACKWIDOWHD|wWIDOWHD)]| XT926]

#911 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

this is with normal usage, i disabled juice defender and i hardly notice a difference. guess its because I'm constantly on the phone for something. ..

and here are a few benchmarks from the other day.. no overclocking, just tweaks. ..

What gov you running? I can never get antutu to work always stops at 2d ????

vtc.png

#912 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

What gov you running? I can never get antutu to work always stops at 2d ????

Posted Image

[XT912 |[(BLACKWIDOWICS 214)] | [(BLACKWIDOWICS AOKP/CM9)] | [(BLACKWIDOWJB AOKP/CM10/CNA)] | [(wWIDOWICS 214)] | |[(BLACKWIDOWHDish)]| XT912]

#913 rockaholic112

rockaholic112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

I am sad because battery has been AWFUL on my razr maxx. I literally used my phone for 1 minute today, yet the battery dropped to 80% in 6 hours. I will try calibrating the battery, but I may just go back to stock :'(

#914 andlaw

andlaw

BW ftw!! !!!!!

• Developer
  • 2,463 posts
  • LocationOH-I-O

Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

I am sad because battery has been AWFUL on my razr maxx. I literally used my phone for 1 minute today, yet the battery dropped to 80% in 6 hours. I will try calibrating the battery, but I may just go back to stock :'(

post a screenshot of what your battery info looks like.. i wanna see what processes you have running (if you dont mind)

... or not. ..

Edited by andlaw, 14 May 2012 - 07:21 PM.

Posted Image

#915 rockaholic112

rockaholic112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

Jealous :P
What tweaks did you do for performance? I rank right below the galaxy s2.
I calibrated my battery, and now have to discharge the battery to 0 and charge back to 100 uninterrupted. I don't have any screeshots from when it was awful, but if it stays awful I will take a screenschot.
  • droidinmind likes this

#916 jeff.wilson2000

jeff.wilson2000

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Apologies if this has been asked - I searched this forum and couldn't find any reference to it, so here goes...

I am up and running this ROM successfully, and love it so far. The only real issue I have is that I have a paid app (Touchdown License Key by Nitrodesk) that I cannot see in the market, nor can I successfully restore it from my Titanium Backup that I made prior to flashing this ROM. It's not a dealbreaker, but running the app (Touchdown, an Exchange Server client) in demo mode is pretty annoying, as it's highly limited in that mode. There are a few key features upon which I've come to rely that are not available in the demo mode.

I can purchase a serial number directly from Nitrodesk, but as I've already purchased the app, I really hate to do that again (especially since it's $20). I understand that this has something to do with this ROM not being "whitelisted" by Google as able to install protected apps - of which my License Key is one. I also understand that there is a way to modify the build.prop to allow these apps to be seen and thus installed by Play. Of course, I don't know how t to do that for this particular phone, though I have seen a few examples for other phones (the actual phone model determines what you change in the build.prop).

Does anyone have any insight into this? I appreciate any help, and if I'm in the wrong place, my apologies. With the (allegedly) imminent release of ICS for the RAZR, I'm tempted to just go back to stock, as I do use this app quite a bit for work, but I really, really like this ROM and would like to keep it.

#917 dirtmaster88

dirtmaster88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Apologies if this has been asked - I searched this forum and couldn't find any reference to it, so here goes...

I am up and running this ROM successfully, and love it so far. The only real issue I have is that I have a paid app (Touchdown License Key by Nitrodesk) that I cannot see in the market, nor can I successfully restore it from my Titanium Backup that I made prior to flashing this ROM. It's not a dealbreaker, but running the app (Touchdown, an Exchange Server client) in demo mode is pretty annoying, as it's highly limited in that mode. There are a few key features upon which I've come to rely that are not available in the demo mode.

I can purchase a serial number directly from Nitrodesk, but as I've already purchased the app, I really hate to do that again (especially since it's $20). I understand that this has something to do with this ROM not being "whitelisted" by Google as able to install protected apps - of which my License Key is one. I also understand that there is a way to modify the build.prop to allow these apps to be seen and thus installed by Play. Of course, I don't know how t to do that for this particular phone, though I have seen a few examples for other phones (the actual phone model determines what you change in the build.prop).

Does anyone have any insight into this? I appreciate any help, and if I'm in the wrong place, my apologies. With the (allegedly) imminent release of ICS for the RAZR, I'm tempted to just go back to stock, as I do use this app quite a bit for work, but I really, really like this ROM and would like to keep it.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it might have something to do with the lcd density being at 240? I don't know what stock is at (I just got my maxx a couple days ago) but I recall it being 320 on the galaxy nexus and when I would change it to 240 the market would act up just how you're describing it. I used LCD Density Modder Pro to fix the market issues back then. Hope this possibly helps, even if a little!

#918 Mistah

Mistah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

anyone running this rom on razr maxx and not having the data dropping issues? if so can you share with me your install and setup cause i really like this rom but need to fix the data drops before making it my daily driver

#919 jeff.wilson2000

jeff.wilson2000

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 15 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it might have something to do with the lcd density being at 240? I don't know what stock is at (I just got my maxx a couple days ago) but I recall it being 320 on the galaxy nexus and when I would change it to 240 the market would act up just how you're describing it. I used LCD Density Modder Pro to fix the market issues back then. Hope this possibly helps, even if a little!

So... surprise, surprise, Titanium Backup restored the License Key app this time (it wouldn't before), and I just registered the app properly. Thanks for the suggestion, I was about to try that app when I decided to give TiBu another chance.

#920 rockaholic112

rockaholic112

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Seriously Andlaw, what tweaks did you do to get the performance up? I rank right below the galaxy s2 when I test

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DARK AOKP, DROID RAZR/MAXX, ICS 4.0.4, Spyder, Custom ROM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users