Photo

{FXZ}{system.img} XT926 4.1.2 (9.16.9) DST (Unlocked Bootloader Required)

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

I've been stating that im using the latest of the latest but it fails to flash now i've been reading up on some xml you have to delete some getvar lines, is that the case here too? I keep getting a failed to connect to fastboot mode from rsd lite when flashing

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

this was 6th on the list of results from the previous google search: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

that will explain how to access fastboot mode manually.

do you really think you're the only person in the world who has ever had that issue, and that question hasn't been asked and most likely answered already?

pro tip: don't insult the people you want to help you ;)

#62 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Twitter:tjnaps27
  • Current Device(s):"Dan" Edition Razr Maxx HD

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

Damn, i have been flashing since Droid 1, had droid 2 and droid 2 global, OG Razr maxx, rooted and flashed back 2 samsung galaxys, bunch of HTC's... the person that juust started posting and flashing on the razr maxx hd and everything went well i give u props! The other person saying thats the right attitude (kiss rear end-teachers pet trained)... all im asking here is please... step by step instructions for me! And/or people that probabbly need them too... but if yall wanna crucify me for asking such a favor just to flash this Rom/xml...which i considered worth the try, throw the 1st rock!

I said just posting. Had a droid x and bionic I was flashing. I post now to try and answer questions. And if I have one I make sure its not been answered already. That's all I was trying to say

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#63 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

@razrmaxx if your phone is unlocked with custom recover the easiest way to flash this ROM is just to ROM section for the 4.1.2 dst ROM and flash the 4.1.2 boot.IMG zip. Then mount system and flash the deodexed ROM zip in twrp or cwm. That would be your best best without going through the hassle of RSd lite

#64 Narffran

Narffran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:Fran_Granfield
  • LocationNorth of Boston MA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:55 AM

@razrmaxx if your phone is unlocked with custom recover the easiest way to flash this ROM is just to ROM section for the 4.1.2 dst ROM and flash the 4.1.2 boot.IMG zip. Then mount system and flash the deodexed ROM zip in twrp or cwm. That would be your best best without going through the hassle of RSd lite

@razrmaxx what @tjnaps27 said is your best bet. I've been following this for awhile now. I am going to give you some props (a good thing) for not giving up. Most would have run an hid once they make you do the research. These folks are helping you. it may not feel like it but they are teaching you how to do things that once you get it you'll never forget.

I see that RSD is a hurdle that you want / must tackle. You appear to not want to give up. This is good! A couple of items I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Are you using a Motorola factory cable? wrong cables sometimes work sometimes don't.

Have you tried a different USB port on your PC? It's strongly suggested to use one on the back of the PC.

Sometimes either of those will work for some instances but not for others.

Have you powered off your phone, booted into bootloader then connected it to the PC and run RSD?

Have you tried running  RSD as Administrator?

Like I said once you tackle it you win. :)

Hopefully I didn't step on anyone's toes or hurt their feelings. ;)

• mhous33 and neckchop like this

#65 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:39 AM

^^^ this. We are not trying to crucify you, we're trying to help you help yourself.
If you're still having issues, try googling the rsd lite error message directly.
Also, drivers are often the source of issues with Windows. Find and run USBDeview as administrator and remove all drivers with "mot" or "Motorola" in the name. When you plug in again, fresh drivers will be installed.

#66 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:14 AM

@razrmaxx what @tjnaps27 said is your best bet. I've been following this for awhile now. I am going to give you some props (a good thing) for not giving up. Most would have run an hid once they make you do the research. These folks are helping you. it may not feel like it but they are teaching you how to do things that once you get it you'll never forget.

I see that RSD is a hurdle that you want / must tackle. You appear to not want to give up. This is good! A couple of items I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Are you using a Motorola factory cable? wrong cables sometimes work sometimes don't.
Have you tried a different USB port on your PC? It's strongly suggested to use one on the back of the PC.

Sometimes either of those will work for some instances but not for others.

Have you powered off your phone, booted into bootloader then connected it to the PC and run RSD?
Have you tried running  RSD as Administrator?

Like I said once you tackle it you win. :)

Hopefully I didn't step on anyone's toes or hurt their feelings. ;)
I did ordered the factory cable adaptor from team black hat as recomended on the 1st page of the OP, got the cable yesterday and i flashed this morning and everything went through smoothly, i knew it wasnt my drivers or rsd lite since i was able to flash my oG razr back to stock a few days ago... thanks everyone for your help now im on testing mode lol

• Aixelsyd, mhous33, Narffran and 1 other like this

#67 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

w00t! :D

#68 Narffran

Narffran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Twitter:Fran_Granfield
  • LocationNorth of Boston MA

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Good news! Like I said before. Now you won't forget! I really am happy to see you stay and win the battle. Now when the next guy comes along you'll see the same questions asked and say to yourself. Hey I used to do that!

Remember your knowledge you learn from someone must be passed on to others. This way everyone learns. :)

• razzrmaxx likes this

#69 razzrmaxx

razzrmaxx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

This is running smooth my friends :D

Attached Files

• Aixelsyd likes this

#70 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

Im still on 4.1.1 unlocked and rooted can I use this to get to 4.1.2 and still stay rooted or do I need to be on 4.1.2?

#71 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

Im still on 4.1.1 unlocked and rooted can I use this to get to 4.1.2 and still stay rooted or do I need to be on 4.1.2?

You have to flash the 4.1.2 kernel zip. Then mount system and flash this ROM. And this ROM is rooted

Oops. Thought this was the ROM thread. Not the fxz. Lol

#72 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:04 AM

You have to flash the 4.1.2 kernel zip. Then mount system and flash this ROM. And this ROM is rooted Oops. Thought this was the ROM thread. Not the fxz. LolSent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

So disregard then?

#73 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

You have to flash the 4.1.2 kernel zip. Then mount system and flash this ROM. And this ROM is rooted Oops. Thought this was the ROM thread. Not the fxz. LolSent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

So disregard then?

Well you can do that also if you don't want to deal with plugging it into your PC. I think all the links tho are on his ROM thread. Just DL the 4.1.2 boot.IMG zip and the deodexed ROM and flash in twrp. I think this is more for if you soft brick your phone or boot loop.
I flashed the kernel first. Then mounted system and install ROM.

#74 rokr1292

rokr1292

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

power menu mod wont work on nexusesque :(

#75 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

Im on 4.1.1 unlocked and rooted can I use this to get to 4.1.2? I currently have twrp for recovery will it put me back to stock recovery or will it keep twrp.

#76 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

Im on 4.1.1 unlocked and rooted can I use this to get to 4.1.2? I currently have twrp for recovery will it put me back to stock recovery or will it keep twrp.

In the ROM threads it seems now that all stock based ROMs are including a flashable 4.1.2 boot.IMG. so that's an easier way to get to 412 and flash a 412 ROM.
But if you want to use rsd lite I believe in the op it says he added twrp into this fxz.

#77 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

In the ROM threads it seems now that all stock based ROMs are including a flashable 4.1.2 boot.IMG. so that's an easier way to get to 412 and flash a 412 ROM. But if you want to use rsd lite I believe in the op it says he added twrp into this fxz. Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Correct if Im wrong I have the boot image flashed if I flash a 4.1.2 bassed rom that still doesnt put my phone on 4.1.2 just while Im on that rom right?

#78 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

In the ROM threads it seems now that all stock based ROMs are including a flashable 4.1.2 boot.IMG. so that's an easier way to get to 412 and flash a 412 ROM. But if you want to use rsd lite I believe in the op it says he added twrp into this fxz. Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

Correct if Im wrong I have the boot image flashed if I flash a 4.1.2 bassed rom that still doesnt put my phone on 4.1.2 just while Im on that rom right?

If you flash a 412 boot.IMG. that puts your phone on 412. That's your kernel. So you can flash 412 based ROMs. If backup your 411 rom and restore it. It'll put you back on 411.
Once you flash the boot.IMG for 412 you can flash any 412 ROM without having to flag the boot.IMG again.
Just make sure you don't Mount system when flashing the boot. IMG and Mount system to flash a 412 rom

#79 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:25 PM

If you flash a 412 boot.IMG. that puts your phone on 412. That's your kernel. So you can flash 412 based ROMs. If backup your 411 rom and restore it. It'll put you back on 411. Once you flash the boot.IMG for 412 you can flash any 412 ROM without having to flag the boot.IMG again. Just make sure you don't Mount system when flashing the boot. IMG and Mount system to flash a 412 romSent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

So what happens if and when 4.2 comes same deal I just feel like Im an OTA behind lol.

#80 TjNaps27

TjNaps27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

If you flash a 412 boot.IMG. that puts your phone on 412. That's your kernel. So you can flash 412 based ROMs. If backup your 411 rom and restore it. It'll put you back on 411. Once you flash the boot.IMG for 412 you can flash any 412 ROM without having to flag the boot.IMG again. Just make sure you don't Mount system when flashing the boot. IMG and Mount system to flash a 412 romSent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

So what happens if and when 4.2 comes same deal I just feel like Im an OTA behind lol.

4.2 is here :D
There's AOKP, cm 10.1, carbon. They're pretty much fully usable. I'm using AOKP 4.2.2 as a daily driver. Only issue is camcorder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users