• Please log in to reply
1349 replies to this topic

#961 Giblet535

Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

SU doesn't even show TB in the log. Only apps allowed shown are ES File Explorer, ROM Manager, Root Check Basic, Root Explorer & Voodo OTA RootKeeper.

NP here.

Check permissions on /system/bin/su maybe.

Bring up a terminal or ConnectBot in "local" mode.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The owner should be root or 0 (zero), the group should be root or 0, and the mode should be -rwsr-sr-x (octal 6755 - read/write/setuid for owner, readonly/setuid for group members like you, and readonly/execute for others)

Commands for correct permissions:

If I lived . I'd be ~ by now.

#962 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Some apps have SU access but any new apps try and are not able to gain SU access. I also tried to update SU and failed. Not able to install BB either.
Maybe if i install ICS again.....?

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#963 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

I took a very different route to get to the same place.

Now I'm bored.

I can't imagine why people are going all the way back to 744... Just remove the two "oem" operations in the 173 fastboot xml, and RSD that.

Agreed it makes no sense and a waste of time going all the way back to .744. I've fastbooted directly to .173 my device 4 times this week and messing with ICS leak without issue as I figured out my dumbass mistake I was making on loosing root

#964 Giblet535

Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Some apps have SU access but any new apps try and are not able to gain SU access. I also tried to update SU and failed. Not able to install BB either.

Maybe, but I would try to understand the problem before doing something as drastic as reflashing. You'll likely wind up right where you are now, trying again, and maybe yet again, and finally, looking into why root wasn't correctly preserved/restored.

The command line interface can be intimidating, but we either post complete/correct commands or we get banninated by the modmins. :P

#965 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Maybe, but I would try to understand the problem before doing something as drastic as reflashing. You'll likely wind up right where you are now, trying again, and maybe yet again, and finally, looking into why root wasn't correctly preserved/restored.

The command line interface can be intimidating, but we either post complete/correct commands or we get banninated by the modmins. :P

Yeah i'm familiar with the commands. I check via Root Explorer and the SU perms were -rwsr-sr-x.
But I'm gonna download Terminal Emulator and run the above commands and see what happens. :)

#966 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Curious what Superuser.apk icon is in your app drawer. Green icon or the Skull & Crossbones

#967 Giblet535

Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

Agreed it makes no sense and a waste of time going all the way back to .744. I've fastbooted directly to .173 my device 4 times this week and messing with ICS leak without issue as I figured out my dumbass mistake I was making on loosing root

Guessing: I think the OP went that route because of the errors in RSD with stock 173 FB files.

And the only reason to RSD is to get rid of any custom recovery mods (SafeStrap in my case) that prevent the leak from installing.

It took a surprisingly long time to figure that out... Moto should publish a README or INSTALL doc with their leaked updates!

#968 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSoCal, USA

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Curious what Superuser.apk icon is in your app drawer. Green icon or the Skull & Crossbones

Green icon 3.0.3....when i try to update it show the 3.0.3.2 is newer to install... but fails.

Edited by MrFrankRazr, 06 April 2012 - 11:23 AM.

#969 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Green icon 3.0.3....when i try to update it show the 3.0.3.2 is newer to install... but fails.

hit me up on talk I might have a solution

#970 Giblet535

Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

The failure on update points at a permissions problem.

Long-click /system/bin/su in root explorer, select Properties...: Owner should be "root", group should be "root", Permissions should be rwsr-sr-x (6755 octal for chmod command).

/system/xbin and /system/bin directories: owner root, group shell, Permissions rwxr-xr-x (755 octal for chmod)

If any of those three are different than the above, then that's probably the problem.

#971 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

Guessing: I think the OP went that route because of the errors in RSD with stock 173 FB files.

And the only reason to RSD is to get rid of any custom recovery mods (SafeStrap in my case) that prevent the leak from installing.

It took a surprisingly long time to figure that out... Moto should publish a README or INSTALL doc with their leaked updates!

The error in the .173 FB is an easy fix tho. Just need to swap out the small *.xml in the full .173 fastboot file and then it will install just fine using RSD Lite without issue

#972 abrarey

abrarey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:abrarey
  • LocationRound Rock, TX

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

That's probably the Smart Actions app because you have a low battery.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yup it was about the Smart actions I disable one of the task to extend battery life and seems to be fine so far.
Thanks!

#973 Giblet535

Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

The error in the .173 FB is an easy fix tho. Just need to swap out the small *.xml in the full .173 fastboot file and then it will install just fine using RSD Lite without issue

Really? I only had one XML file in my full fastboot: VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M2-5_CFC_1FF_01.xml

I used vi on it. There are two <step operation="oem".... There's no such operation in RSD-Lite. Those lines get deleted.

#974 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hit DDX up he has a thought. not sure it will do the trick as I got updated and would have tested first. I ran into the troubles you are having until I got to the point of making sure su & Superuser were updated and current PRIOR to protecting root using rootkeeper

#975 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

Really? I only had one XML file in my full fastboot: VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M2-5_CFC_1FF_01.xml

I used vi on it. There are two <step operation="oem".... There's no such operation in RSD-Lite. Those lines get deleted.

for sure is a fix for it to work without issue. Here is the link to the thread where DirtyDroidX has the info in the OP. I have yet to ever use the .744 or .748 FB files on my device strictly using .173 FB without issue along with RSD Lite5.6

#976 Giblet535

Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

for sure is a fix for it to work without issue. Here is the link to the thread where DirtyDroidX has the info in the OP. I have yet to ever use the .744 or .748 FB files on my device strictly using .173 FB without issue along with RSD Lite5.6

I reinvented a lot of "wheels" this week. That's another one!

#977 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

I reinvented a lot of "wheels" this week. That's another one!

lol..... been there done that many times over the yrs messing with this stuff.

#978 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Fyi, widgetsoid works correctly with ics if you want a pull down notification toggle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#979 rexboe

rexboe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

You don't have to put both files in cache just the zip will work. I've done it twice with just the zip and it works fine.

#980 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

You don't have to put both files in cache just the zip will work. I've done it twice with just the zip and it works fine.

Not always and the one is very very small anyways. So i would NOT suggest ppl doing it with the one file only. IMO better safe then sorry using both so you don't have to fully start over again

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users