Ics Anyone? I Haz It 4 Yew.

• Please log in to reply
1349 replies to this topic

#921 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Followed the guide, didn't work. Going to try Mr.Frank's

How about telling people what didn't work and maybe someone can help you out?

#922 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

The OP has been updated a few times over the past few days. Please note the changes and thing's I've marked in bold as they will resolve your issues... Including retaining root. It's specifically addressed. You have to literally follow every step to the T from a clean 173 install and I promise if you do what I tell you to, you won't have issues.
  • got556 likes this

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#923 fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

The OP has been updated a few times over the past few days. Please note the changes and thing's I've marked in bold as they will resolve your issues... Including retaining root. It's specifically addressed. You have to literally follow every step to the T from a clean 173 install and I promise if you do what I tell you to, you won't have issues.

F-ing truth.

#924 OMGzBananas

OMGzBananas

Monkeys Eat me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

I'd just like to report my progress thusfar.

My first attempt, I went right to RSD with no wipe, updated to 173, rooted, used voodoo, and flashed as per the instructions. This attempt failed during the flash and damaged the cache recovery files, and I was forced to start over.

I wiped data and factory reset in recovery, then did all the above again. The flash succeeded without issue, and booted up just fine. Rootkeeper gave me some success (t gave me all my checkmarks), but I still had to use terminal commands to restore all of my root privileges (restoring apps did not work).

Apps restored correctly. I used RTB to change boot animations successfully, along with setting CPU profiles and governers (mothotplug is gone? wtf?). I used SQLite to change permissions for wifi hotspot, and that powered right up for me after a reboot.

I have not yet attempted to reinstall Chainfire or AOSP helper, but I may try that soon. Battery life so far seems ok, though not as great as some fantastic battery life custom roms, such as abysm or razrx.

If I try anything else unusual I'll be sure to report my results. Good luck all.

#925 admiralriker

admiralriker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

I have an interesting issue:
My battery is saying 100%...all the time.

I have a normal RAZR and I do not know why I have 100% all the time. It's simply not possible.

Any ideas?

#926 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

I have an interesting issue: My battery is saying 100%...all the time. I have a normal RAZR and I do not know why I have 100% all the time. It's simply not possible. Any ideas?

There are known issues with the battery stats not carrying forward as expected. To get mine to calibrate I ran it down and charged it back up a couple times and it seems to have resolved my issues. Mine was never off by more than 20%. Easiest way to find where you're "really" at is to turn the phone off and let it boot to the powered down charging app.

Posted Image

#927 mudthestud23

mudthestud23

made of water, dirt, rocks.

• Superuser
  • 511 posts
  • Twitter:@mudthestud23
  • Google+:mudthestud23@gmail.com
  • LocationMinnesota where its really cold!
  • Current Device(s):droid razr hd maxx, droid razr 4, droid razr maxx

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

There are known issues with the battery stats not carrying forward as expected. To get mine to calibrate I ran it down and charged it back up a couple times and it seems to have resolved my issues. Mine was never off by more than 20%. Easiest way to find where you're "really" at is to turn the phone off and let it boot to the powered down charging app.

i just want to say thank you for your time and dedication. love this rom! Works great.

mud.png

#928 admiralriker

admiralriker

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

This stinks. I searched the topic in hopes to find a solution. Well, I hope this can be fixed :-(

#929 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

This stinks. I searched the topic in hopes to find a solution. Well, I hope this can be fixed :-(

I told you, just discharge it a few times. Fixed it for me.

Posted Image

#930 chrispowers

chrispowers

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

damn now im worried..tried to rsd lite and said it failed...what could cause this?

#931 jrickman51

jrickman51

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Twitter:jrickman9705

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

Updated 2 days ago, actually went through my "system upgrade" after i started and stopped download from cheescake, it became avaiable through the regular outlet AFTER i started a download from cheescake. it went through the upgrade process on it's own and i've been playing with 4.0.3 for almost 3 days now, no issues no FC's. works like my GB did except maybe a smidge slower, but i put apex and nova launcher on after the install, Voodoo kept root and reinstalled all my root utilities without a hitch, after i started the DL on cheescake i stopped it, then i went through my system update and it appeared there and updated itself, may want to try this after you find the file through cheescake, stop the DL then go through system update, allow it to go through the process and no hiccups, dont forget to temp unroot voodoo, hope this helps someone, first time poster but had to chim in on this. good luck.

#932 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

Has anyone found a way to make the terminal command work if it's getting errors? Or am i going to need to fastboot back and start over?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

If you didn't update superuser & the su binary via the market before updating to ICS the terminal commands won't work. I brain farts this the first couple of times I tried updating and got all pissed i could not get root back. After talking with dhacker, P3droid, and DT we figured out the issue. Got home last night and fastboot back to .173. I then rooted using the more current Superuser & SU, protected via rootkeeper to then update to ICS and everything worked like it should

That said if you are getting the error in terminal your only option if to fastboot back and start over. Just make sure you update su & superuser while on GB and BEFORE you protect root using Voodoo Rootkeeper

#933 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:47 AM

Well it's obviously not just a rumor. I kept root by doing it when it first came out. Tried to restore root this time without doing it and root was not restored. I understand in the OPs method it does not say to temp un-root, however, I didn't keep root when I did not temp un-root first.

Its a 50/50 chance whether or not rootkeeper will work. And yes as the OP states you DO NOT want to temp unroot. Part of the confusion comes frmo how ppl are updating. When ppl were grabbing the file via Cheesecake they temp unroot. However for the sideloading process to work we CAN NOT temp unroot because ROM Manager need root as part of the process. The keep to make sure you keep root after words and if rootkeeper doens't restore it is to make sure you update SU & Superuser via the Market prior to protecting root while still on GB.

#934 JaYvIn

JaYvIn

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:06 AM

Successfully updated to ICS 4.0.3 and VooDoo Rootkeeper retained root which is awesome!! Can't get SafeStrap Version 1.07 to install on this ICS 4.0.3 ROM though. It installs but nothing happens and then force closes. Has anyone been able to install SafeStrap Recovery on ICS??

#935 vikv89

vikv89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:19 AM

Used utility 1.4 to restore to stock .173, rooted it with that utility as well, saved root with rootkeeper followed instructions install went fine! Everything is working great got my root back and got wifi tether to work(let me know if anyone is interested). Camera both front and back work great. Only thing is the flash player is no longer supported for Android. I guess it still works on gingerbread. I suggest if you need help installing go to the chatbox and ask for help there, the guys will help u like they helped me :). Good luck. And much thanks to the developers!!

#936 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:34 AM

If you didn't update superuser & the su binary via the market before updating to ICS the terminal commands won't work. I brain farts this the first couple of times I tried updating and got all pissed i could not get root back. After talking with dhacker, P3droid, and DT we figured out the issue. Got home last night and fastboot back to .173. I then rooted using the more current Superuser & SU, protected via rootkeeper to then update to ICS and everything worked like it should

That said if you are getting the error in terminal your only option if to fastboot back and start over. Just make sure you update su & superuser while on GB and BEFORE you protect root using Voodoo Rootkeeper

Looks like I'll be fastbooting this weekend then...

#937 Falconone

Falconone

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

Got it installed but my widgets list shows only icons and a white space next to each one no text. If I hold my finger on one I can tell which one it is but all the others are still completely white. Anyone else had this issue? Search function isn't helping and I've already RSD'd back and reinstalled ics with no change.

#938 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

Anyone got TiBu to gain Root access?

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

#939 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

Got it installed but my widgets list shows only icons and a white space next to each one no text. If I hold my finger on one I can tell which one it is but all the others are still completely white. Anyone else had this issue? Search function isn't helping and I've already RSD'd back and reinstalled ics with no change.

I've got the same thing. Moto just hasn't completed their themeing yet.

#940 MrFrankRazr

MrFrankRazr

Dedicated Supporter

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Twitter:@MrFrankReyna
  • Google+:frankreyna
  • LocationSoCal, USA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 on VZW

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

Has anyone got TiBu to gain Root access?

Moved on to the LG G2 on VZW and lovin it!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users