I did not personally use this method - before it was available, I had already RSD'd. On my second time through the process, I successfully retained root. Therefore this was unneeded (for ME!) All credit goes to , I just wrote up the instructions! Thanks man, you're a lifesaver
Finally, I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone!! Read instructions carefully!
To Restore Root on the Ics Leak (Edited 4/2/12 @ 12:39PM PT):
- Download for free from the market.
- Enter the following commands EXACTLY as you see them listed here:
- mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/system /system
- cp /system/su-backup /system/bin/su
- Exit terminal & reboot.
- Root should be restored at this point!
Please post in this thread if it worked for you. If so, please hit the LIKE button!