487 replies to this topic

#341 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

@quangtran1

Have you figured a way to prioritize which router it should grab a signal from? Mine seems to default to the one further away and the wifes picks the closer one.

From past experiments, I've come to accept that a device will connect to the access point with the strongest, unsecured signal first. However, if there was a previous established connection to a passworded access point, that now takes precedence. In other words, a device will connect to an AP with which you have matched the security key first, even if it has a poorer signal than an unsecured AP. There are many Market apps that are supposed to set wi-fi priority for you like Wifi Ruler, SortWifi, etc, but I don't believe they're that reliable.

#342 chisledice

chisledice

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:MidwestExpress
  • Google+:sothardw
  • LocationSpringfield, OH

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

I have noticed that I am not able to restore anything from Titanium Backup Pro batch jobs... known issue that I missed in reading or something new?

It starts to install the apps and then stops with a message saying it failed...

EDIT:

Scratch that... I did some more reading and found that TiBu is not built for ICS or GB backups don't port over to ICS correctly. I will just have to go through and pull each individually and restore them. Ugggg... Oh well... on the bright side I have ICS! Holla!

Also, anyone notice crazy battery reporting? Mine was at 85% before the whole process and then when everything was said it done it was at 10%. Not sure if it just zapped that much power of it my battery is being reported incorrectly.

#343 aclexgeek

aclexgeek

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:Lex Geeky

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Will DeBlur DeBloat have any effect on this process

#344 chisledice

chisledice

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:MidwestExpress
  • Google+:sothardw
  • LocationSpringfield, OH

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Will DeBlur DeBloat have any effect on this process

Good question... I would say yes but I am not a dev. I say yes because this is still being applied like a normal update... I am just not sure if the debloat deblur check is down pre-download in a normal OTA process of from the package itself when it attempts the install.

You can try it. Just make sure you have fastboot files or the Razr Utility on hand to reload your phone if it gets hosed in the process. I used the Razr Utility and everything on this went flawless.

#345 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Google+:gene.volchenko

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

Did anyone noticed issues with Microsof Exchange emails synchronization? I could not make mine work at all. I flashed and reseted phone twice.
Any insight would be appreciated.

#346 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

I have noticed that I am not able to restore anything from Titanium Backup Pro batch jobs... known issue that I missed in reading or something new?

It starts to install the apps and then stops with a message saying it failed...

EDIT:

Scratch that... I did some more reading and found that TiBu is not built for ICS or GB backups don't port over to ICS correctly. I will just have to go through and pull each individually and restore them. Ugggg... Oh well... on the bright side I have ICS! Holla!

Also, anyone notice crazy battery reporting? Mine was at 85% before the whole process and then when everything was said it done it was at 10%. Not sure if it just zapped that much power of it my battery is being reported incorrectly.

I don't know where you read that but TiBu works just like it did in GB. The only two situations where most have issues are 1) Phone isn't completely re-rooted, or 2) The modifier was flashed. Mine works 100% of the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#347 mrmuggyd

mrmuggyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Good Afternoon,
First time poster, long time "stalker".. :P . I have been following this thread and haven't see anything about being able to use the "Hot Spot" hack as described here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Has anyone tried this while running ICS?

#348 kpeiczarek

kpeiczarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

Good Afternoon,
First time poster, long time "stalker".. :P . I have been following this thread and haven't see anything about being able to use the "Hot Spot" hack as described here:

Yes this method does work i am currently using it as we speak........also has anyone figured out motocast or know of a similar app

#349 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

Good Afternoon,
First time poster, long time "stalker".. . I have been following this thread and haven't see anything about being able to use the "Hot Spot" hack as described here:

Hi there, there are some posts on here regarding the SQLite hack. Yes, it still works. To be safe, I did the hack before installing the ICS leak. You can still do it afterwards... unless you also install the Modifier. After installing the Modifier, SQLite Editor froze on me.

#350 desoulja2185

desoulja2185

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hey all,
New guy to the forums. I was trying to click on the torrent file and I keep getting "Dropbox - 404" can someone please upload or send me the

? Thank you...

#351 jmp485

jmp485

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Twitter:jmp485

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hi there, there are some posts on here regarding the SQLite hack. Yes, it still works. To be safe, I did the hack before installing the ICS leak. You can still do it afterwards... unless you also install the Modifier. After installing the Modifier, SQLite Editor froze on me.

That's because the complex modifier installs an incompatible version of busybox. Just download a newer version and you're set

#352 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

That's because the complex modifier installs an incompatible version of busybox. Just download a newer version and you're set

Thanks. That makes sense.

#353 mrmuggyd

mrmuggyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Just want to thank everyone for the great tutorial!!!! I wasn't sure if I should wait for the OTA download or do this. But I finally decided today to do it and it was very easy!!!! My biggest concern with the Hot Spot, but no issues. Ran the Voodoo Rootkeeper and re-rooted my phone.

THANK YOU!!!!

#354 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

Im getting an error(404) on the torrent file. Anyone else have same problem?

#355 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 VS980

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Yeah, I'm looking for a new link right now.

#356 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

I heard this problem somewhere but idk how to fix it. After installing leak it updated kernal too. I tried uing Matt's Utility to get back to stock but now for some reason:

1.) I only connect to 3G
2.) Wifi doesn't connect right
3.) Everything is laggy and such
4.) Backup Assistant is telling me my network is unavailable.

Is this normal???

EDIT: Also I just tried to toggle CDMA ONLY and my phone turned off.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#357 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

I heard this problem somewhere but idk how to fix it. After installing leak it updated kernal too. I tried uing Matt's Utility to get back to stock but now for some reason:

1.) I only connect to 3G
2.) Wifi doesn't connect right
3.) Everything is laggy and such
4.) Backup Assistant is telling me my network is unavailable.

Is this normal???

EDIT: Also I just tried to toggle CDMA ONLY and my phone turned off.

Reboot into motorola recovery and do a factory wipe. Do not try to restore data with outside apps. I also suggest using RSD when coming back from ICS as people are having hit or miss experiences using Matt's util for that. Worst case, wipe and restore again using RSD instead.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#358 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, I'm looking for a new link right now.

Im getting an error(404) on the torrent file. Anyone else have same problem?

Direct links to the files (instead of the torrent) have been placed in the OP of my news article on the main page.

Posted Image

#359 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

Did anyone noticed issues with Microsof Exchange emails synchronization? I could not make mine work at all. I flashed and reseted phone twice.
Any insight would be appreciated.

I use exchange every day for work and have no issues. Are you on an actual exchange server or something else that mimics exchange?

Posted Image

#360 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Yes this method does work i am currently using it as we speak........also has anyone figured out motocast or know of a similar app

Motocast works fine. What method did you use to install the leak? The unapproved method or the method from the news page? If it's the unapproved method it's because your phone is trying to log into the wrong server for motocast information.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users