#361 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Reboot into motorola recovery and do a factory wipe. Do not try to restore data with outside apps. I also suggest using RSD when coming back from ICS as people are having hit or miss experiences using Matt's util for that. Worst case, wipe and restore again using RSD instead.

Lol I already did that. and now my phone keeps randomly rebooting while it is booting. This is weird. I guess I will just download RSD Lite again and use the .173 fastboot files.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#362 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Lol I already did that. and now my phone keeps randomly rebooting while it is booting. This is weird. I guess I will just download RSD Lite again and use the .173 fastboot files.

Beware the 173 fastboot files wipe your internal SD card. I suggest just rolling back to 744. That or back up/move your internal storage to the external SD or a computer.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#363 kpeiczarek

kpeiczarek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Motocast works fine. What method did you use to install the leak? The unapproved method or the method from the news page? If it's the unapproved method it's because your phone is trying to log into the wrong server for motocast information.

The method for this thread.....i havent had any issues with the leak other than that....i rely on motocast for work so any help would be appreciated

#364 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Reboot into motorola recovery and do a factory wipe. Do not try to restore data with outside apps. I also suggest using RSD when coming back from ICS as people are having hit or miss experiences using Matt's util for that. Worst case, wipe and restore again using RSD instead.

Matt's utility worked perfectly for me to go from ICS to 173. I run Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit. I believe there is a slight driver incompatibility for the win version

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
[ sent from _base2 ]

#365 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:31 PM

I have fn 4g n only 3g ever!! Thank you devs!! Read it all folks..sometimes the pros leave the obvious out accidently but i hope if your brave enough to do these things we do to our pocket rocks then dont be scared to read between the lines...remember always have the latest matts batman utilities read all ops have all drivers on ur pc r laptop...and last but most important!!! Have rsd latest and ur files needed to .....yea not be a weiner... .lol love this $#!+ guys!!! Thx so much...yours always reading ,closet crackflash n jimyv
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#366 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

Thanks to the OP, I am back on ICS and retained root without any issues. Thank you!!

#367 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Google+:gene.volchenko

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

I use exchange every day for work and have no issues. Are you on an actual exchange server or something else that mimics exchange?

I am actually on exchange, everything works on 6.12.173 as soon as I type my address and password it configures account. After applying update phone never get synchronized and mailbox does not get configurations. I have tried twice, with or without complete reset. Is there a trick configuring exchange on ICS? My Xoom running ICS and email works though.... Could you help?

#368 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Matt's utility worked perfectly for me to go from ICS to 173. I run Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit. I believe there is a slight driver incompatibility for the win version

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Again. Hit or miss. You apparently are a hit. There are many many misses as well.

I am actually on exchange, everything works on 6.12.173 as soon as I type my address and password it configures account. After applying update phone never get synchronized and mailbox does not get configurations. I have tried twice, with or without complete reset. Is there a trick configuring exchange on ICS? My Xoom running ICS and email works though.... Could you help?

I just used the built-in setup after I'd done a factory wipe after installing ICS so I was working from a clean slate. I also restore nothing other than what auto-restores from google to prevent database/incompatibility issues. As dumb as it sounds, are you sure you've got the server info entered right? I had forgotten a digit or the fact that my login was with my @blah.com instead of just the username a few times during various setups. Domain settings maybe? Dunno. All I know is it works. If your auto-setup is failing, try manual.

Posted Image

#369 Tbizzy

Tbizzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Direct links to the files (instead of the torrent) have been placed in the OP of my news article on the main page.

I got the first file to download, but the second just links me to a white page with numbers in the top left corner. So I tried doing a, "Save as", but it just downloads a 10 byte crc file. Is that normal?

#370 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

I got the first file to download, but the second just links me to a white page with numbers in the top left corner. So I tried doing a, "Save as", but it just downloads a 10 byte crc file. Is that normal?

yes

Posted Image

#371 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 VS980

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:16 AM

I'm not having issues with my exchange email. I've done this 3 times now and have working exchange email each time.

#372 mrmuggyd

mrmuggyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:56 AM

Got the camera working...

Cleared Data and Force Stopped now it's all good!
I was tired last night and actually woke up in the middle of the night and thought about how to fix it.

I had the same problem with the camera not working and this fixed the problem. Thanks!!!

#373 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Again. Hit or miss. You apparently are a hit. There are many many misses as well.

I just used the built-in setup after I'd done a factory wipe after installing ICS so I was working from a clean slate. I also restore nothing other than what auto-restores from google to prevent database/incompatibility issues. As dumb as it sounds, are you sure you've got the server info entered right? I had forgotten a digit or the fact that my login was with my @blah.com instead of just the username a few times during various setups. Domain settings maybe? Dunno. All I know is it works. If your auto-setup is failing, try manual.

Thanks a lot for suggestions. How to do manual set-up? my user name is diferent from email address email

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

user name gvolchencko and usually has NA domain. I cannot find a way to type these in.....
is there a way? I will flash it again... Thanks a lot!

#374 H3Dude

H3Dude

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

Yeah, with Matts I could not get a 4g lock, had to RSD. Could be user error but everything seemed to load fine.

#375 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

Thanks a lot for suggestions. How to do manual set-up? my user name is diferent from email address email

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

user name gvolchencko and usually has NA domain. I cannot find a way to type these in.....
is there a way? I will flash it again... Thanks a lot!

Should be one of the very first screens you see. Just hit manual instead of next if I remember right.

Posted Image

#376 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Should be one of the very first screens you see. Just hit manual instead of next if I remember right.

There is no Manual, Next is only option. I did it again, the same result, when I click on email icon message comes up waiting for symc and it never sync.
do you use owa.company name .com as a srver? or actual server name? aslo I cannot change username after first step.
Thanks a lot

#377 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

There is no Manual, Next is only option. I did it again, the same result, when I click on email icon message comes up waiting for symc and it never sync.
do you use owa.company name .com as a srver? or actual server name? aslo I cannot change username after first step.
Thanks a lot

Mine is setup as Domain\username in the first field, password in the second field, and server in the next one. For server, my work uses webmail.mycompany.com. My wife has her school one setup using her username@herschool.com. It's different for everyone.

#378 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Thanks a lot

Posted Image

Posted Image

#379 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Mine is setup as Domain\username in the first field, password in the second field, and server in the next one. For server, my work uses webmail.mycompany.com. My wife has her school one setup using her username@herschool.com. It's different for everyone.

I tried all possible choises. The only option where Manual setting exists is not in Exchange email settings, but in Other. I did try all I could the only thing is not clear, do I accept all SSL certificates? I also have none of client certificate....
Any other suggestions?

#380 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

I tried all possible choises. The only option where Manual setting exists is not in Exchange email settings, but in Other. I did try all I could the only thing is not clear, do I accept all SSL certificates? I also have none of client certificate....
Any other suggestions?

I set mine up in other. After typing in my.email@mycompany.com and entering my password, I hit next. That took me to another screen that prompted me to enter my server settings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users