• Please log in to reply
487 replies to this topic

#401 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

Actually had sq lite working on ics i changed entitlement to 0 it was even on a differant line like 60 or 70 somthing but stil had problem getting it to work...this time around everything is great except that sqlite wont even lite up..
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#402 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

And trust me with these 4g speeds im getting sure wish i t would...i have 10 gb to burn!!
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#403 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 VS980

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:34 AM

If you are using DT's modifier, then sqlite won't load the databases for some reason. If you use sqlite to modify entitlement, then you have to reboot to get it to work. It will not work with anything other than the built in hotspot that I know of.

#404 CaptainKn0tz

CaptainKn0tz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:38 AM

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't get this installed for some reason... Every time it starts to install in stock recovery, the install icon changes to the triangle with the ! and then my phone reboots and i'm still on Ginger...

I followed the instructions in the OP to the letter. I even RSDed again and re-started from scratch, same result. If your going to tell me it's a bad download, can you please give me the MD5s because I downloaded the files 4 times and keep getting the same result...

#405 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I can't get this installed for some reason... Every time it starts to install in stock recovery, the install icon changes to the triangle with the ! and then my phone reboots and i'm still on Ginger...

I followed the instructions in the OP to the letter. I even RSDed again and re-started from scratch, same result. If your going to tell me it's a bad download, can you please give me the MD5s because I downloaded the files 4 times and keep getting the same result...

So you weren't on .173 as the OP stated.

#406 CaptainKn0tz

CaptainKn0tz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

FYI for anyone that is having the problem as me:

It looks like the problem was that I was trying to install the leak from .744. I took the OTA to .173, re-rooted, re-updated binaries, re-protected root and the install worked after that.

#407 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Anyone using webtop? I picked up the HD dock so I can use my flatsceen TV & webtop app. Most everything works fine, but I was expecting the Firefox browser to be there & some of the other functions like the dual pane screen don't seem to be present. Do I need it paired to a keyboard for these to be enabled?
Yes I am on the ICS leak with the webtop 3.0 beta.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#408 HunterH116

HunterH116

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

I can assure everyone this method works. Lost root and cannot regain it ,however, but still loving me some ICS! Thanks guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

#409 flukeshot

flukeshot

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Google+:brad.tondreau
  • LocationTraverse City, MI

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:29 AM

Hello all,

Been lurking and reading all posts since i got my razr last friday. Just thought i would post to say thanks to all here for this update, Im not a noobie to flashing and rooting and wanted to say thanks for all the tools here and on other topics. Im loving ICS, and i havent had the same problems some people have had except a few apps not working properly (ie. temple run and so on). Keep up the great work guys and i will be donating to the devs as soon as i get a little extra cash.

HunterH116, Have you tried the terminal emulator app to regain root, I know this fixed my root access, im not sure what page of this thread it is on or it may be another but it has worked for me and countless others.

again thanks all and keep up the good work! you all rock :-)
~Brad {Android devices: Droid RAZR - ICS leak (4.0.3 rooted)Thrive 8g w/16g class 10 SD (Rooted DaleNet OOM ROM, Badfish ICS Theme, Badfish Battery Mod 1% Incriments)}

#410 eliX84

eliX84

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Twitter:elivaldez84
  • LocationSan Benito, TX

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

I was in the same boat....what i did to finally get it was the following
First....i RSDd back to. 173
Then..... formatted the internal sd to start from scratch
Then......rooted with motofail
Then......signed into account and installed ES explorer, Rom Manager and OTA Root protector
Then......protected root within Voodoo OTA
Then...... opened ES explorer and went into settings to mount as RW and allow to get to root of system
Then......copied files into the cache folder make sure they are named correctly..
Then....updated binary even if it said it was up to date
Then.....went into the cache folder and clicked on the update file and chose rom manager to install
Then....let it do its thing.....

#411 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

No need to rename the files they are already named properly in arcanes thread.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#412 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

I can assure everyone this method works. Lost root and cannot regain it ,however, but still loving me some ICS! Thanks guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

Use the methods linked in my thread and you'll retain root.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#413 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Anyone using webtop? I picked up the HD dock so I can use my flatsceen TV & webtop app. Most everything works fine, but I was expecting the Firefox browser to be there & some of the other functions like the dual pane screen don't seem to be present. Do I need it paired to a keyboard for these to be enabled?
Yes I am on the ICS leak with the webtop 3.0 beta.

It's still beta but I love that it's ICS instead of a linux environment

Posted Image

#414 CaptainKn0tz

CaptainKn0tz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

So you weren't on .173 as the OP stated.

Correct. I was reading both threads. The other thread says .744 or .173. That's what tripped me up

#415 Papasmurf

Papasmurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

I just took the plunge and loving it. Retained root using terminal method. Now just getting used to ICS

If DROID DOES..... then iDroid

#416 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Correct. I was reading both threads. The other thread says .744 or .173. That's what tripped me up

The other thread clearly states "but are on an otherwise stock COMPLETELY UNMODIFIED installation of 173."

The reference to 744 is in regards to which restore files I personally use to start over.

Posted Image

#417 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

So we are told to not reboot so it won't screw up the battery stats. What if we stuck at 100% for almost 5 hours? What to do lmao. :D

Attached Files

#418 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

So we are told to not reboot so it won't screw up the battery stats. What if we stuck at 100% for almost 5 hours? What to do lmao. :D

Reboot it so it starts reporting a lower value or just let it die if you want. Once it starts reporting lower than 100% just charge it to full and it should work fine. It won't get stuck @ 100%. I honestly have never experienced this issue so I'm tempted to believe it's related to restoring data from GB since I've never done so but I have no way of proving that.

Posted Image

#419 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Mine was at 20% and wiped battery stats then after reboot it said 5%. Now im just waiting for it to die then give it a full charge. And see what happens. Lol

#420 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Reboot it so it starts reporting a lower value or just let it die if you want. Once it starts reporting lower than 100% just charge it to full and it should work fine. It won't get stuck @ 100%. I honestly have never experienced this issue so I'm tempted to believe it's related to restoring data from GB since I've never done so but I have no way of proving that.

I've had this since the leak and never restored GB data. Its funny.

Edit: I think Im gonna take advantage of this screen shot show it to my iphone lovers and tell them in your face.......lmao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users