Photo

[ROM] [JB] Blurry 2.5.1 (Official 6/16/13)

• Please log in to reply
624 replies to this topic

#201 Halloween240

Halloween240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter:Twitter.com/Halloween240
  • Google+:Halloween240
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

This rom is sweet, really enjoying it. I've been using it since it first came out. I only run into a few issues, same as with the alphas and Beta

1) After it recharges to 100%, it stops charging, so I wake up and my phone is like 75% or worse because it wont stay charging after reaching 100%

2) YouTube sign in won't work after updating to newest version. the fix is simply don't update and it works fine

3) Bluetooth audio is choppy and has less range compared to stock

That is it, amazing how quickly this rom has come so far. Keep up the fantastic work, Blurry ftw!

#202 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

This rom is sweet, really enjoying it. I've been using it since it first came out. I only run into a few issues, same as with the alphas and Beta

1) After it recharges to 100%, it stops charging, so I wake up and my phone is like 75% or worse because it wont stay charging after reaching 100%

2) YouTube sign in won't work after updating to newest version. the fix is simply don't update and it works fine

3) Bluetooth audio is choppy and has less range compared to stock

That is it, amazing how quickly this rom has come so far. Keep up the fantastic work, Blurry ftw!

Hmmmm... I havent run into the charging problems. That may be because I only really use the USB ports on my computer to charge. As for youtube, its a known problem. Something was suppose to be in the OP about not updating it. We were using a modded youtube at first and I thought that was the problem. So I deleted it and tried downloading it from the market and that didnt work either. So I downloaded every version that had been released starting from newest to oldest. I found that the youtube app doesnt sign-in if you have any version higher than 4.1. Im thinking that if I resign it, people wouldnt be able to update it anyways since it will have a different signature on the apk... I dont know, that may be a fix for people who dont read the OP once the OP is fixed.

• Halloween240 likes this

#203 daimonmustdie

daimonmustdie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:07 AM

Only thing I can think of is to check the md5 on the rom zip to make sure it didnt corrupt during download.

MD5: 2c78c5e4cc274c323edb3106fefd107a

both md5's were the same..

#204 Apeman81

Apeman81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

I have found only one issue.

When listening to the Play Music app or Mixizng via Bluetooth connection to my LG HBS-700 stereo headsets, the audio stutters even when the phone and headset are in close proximity.

Edit:  I find the same stuttering, though less pronounced, with wired headsets.  Perhaps an SD access issue?

#205 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

I found that same issue with same BT headset only I stream Pandora. Built in equaliser doesn't work with my headset either. The only ROM that it worked on was Incarus HD. May reboot since I turned off the stock effect and and turned on Awesome beats.

When listening to the Play Music app or Mixizng via Bluetooth connection to my LG HBS-700 stereo headsets, the audio stutters even when the phone and headset are in close proximity.

Edit: I find the same stuttering, though less pronounced, with wired headsets. Perhaps an SD access issue?

new_animated_sig.gif

#206 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

I found that same issue with same BT headset only I stream Pandora. Built in equaliser doesn't work with my headset either. The only ROM that it worked on was Incarus HD. May reboot since I turned off the stock effect and and turned on Awesome beats.

When listening to the Play Music app or Mixizng via Bluetooth connection to my LG HBS-700 stereo headsets, the audio stutters even when the phone and headset are in close proximity.

Edit: I find the same stuttering, though less pronounced, with wired headsets. Perhaps an SD access issue?

new_animated_sig.gif

#207 MaddHatter

MaddHatter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:sparksDM
  • Current Device(s):MotoX 4.4

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Great review. How long did you run it? Have to let things settle for a few days...

A few days to settle is a bit excessive IMO. After about 15min sitting on the desk it is running smooth and snappy for me. Point is clear though.

Did anyone ever get the Google Search app to update in the Play Store successfully?  I saw that there was a vendor restore zip offered a few posts back, but I didn't want ALL of those apps restored (I like black themed Gmail).  I was just hoping to update Google Search so that I could select Motorola's Voice Commands for use with my BT headset (doesn't sound intuitive, but that's how to get Google Search off of the default dailer function).  If there's an original Signed Google Search app available, I'd be glad to try it.  Thanks.

Yes, I copied all the google apk's from an alpha build (minus Gmail.apk) to the 1.0.zip prior to flashing, I think there were 10 of them. They all work like a dream now. If you don't have an alpha or beta zip hanging around let me know, I'll put them in a zip for you if you'd like.

MotoX on 4.4

DROID Bionic 4.1 (Retired)

#208 MaddHatter

MaddHatter

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:sparksDM
  • Current Device(s):MotoX 4.4

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

When listening to the Play Music app or Mixizng via Bluetooth connection to my LG HBS-700 stereo headsets, the audio stutters even when the phone and headset are in close proximity.

Edit:  I find the same stuttering, though less pronounced, with wired headsets.  Perhaps an SD access issue?

Now that this is mentioned, I have noticed an issue with my bluetooth, I thought I had something not set up correctly. I get the stuttering audio, but it's only when the screen shuts off. If I wake the screen it smooths right back out, even if I am still at the lock screen

MotoX on 4.4

DROID Bionic 4.1 (Retired)

#209 Apeman81

Apeman81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Now that this is mentioned, I have noticed an issue with my bluetooth, I thought I had something not set up correctly. I get the stuttering audio, but it's only when the screen shuts off. If I wake the screen it smooths right back out, even if I am still at the lock screen

Thanks!  Verified the "screen on" behavior.

Verified this stuttering does not occur on Stock OTA 4.1.2

#210 ShadowDXS

ShadowDXS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:ShadowDXS
  • Google+:Branndon Pike
  • LocationDaytona Beach Shores
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Google Nexus 7, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:29 AM

GSM/HSPA+(HSDPA) user here,

About to flash ROM in a few seconds. Looks nice, good reviews. 

Can't wait man.

Will post review and Update on GSM status. ;)

#211 Zwraven

Zwraven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

I got go SMS noty's to work. Just reflashed and it works like a charm. BTW, and forgive my ignorance, but what is cross breeder?
<p>-ZwRavenBionic - Flying Jelly; Droid X - Apex retired

#212 ShadowDXS

ShadowDXS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Twitter:ShadowDXS
  • Google+:Branndon Pike
  • LocationDaytona Beach Shores
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Google Nexus 7, HTC One X, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

works well man. you did a good job with this rom.

GSM Works as well, full data/voice/mms-sms :D

#213 MarkusMcNugen

MarkusMcNugen

Blurred Effectz

• Developer
  • 277 posts
  • LocationDecatur, MI

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

I got go SMS noty's to work. Just reflashed and it works like a charm. BTW, and forgive my ignorance, but what is cross breeder?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#214 Zwraven

Zwraven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man, I'm on it!

#215 Zwraven

Zwraven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

Is it possible to customize the screen lock options i.e. Phone, messaging, camera etc. Any way I can change those apps? Thanks!

#216 nine5raptor

nine5raptor

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationMO
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Droid Razr M, Nexus 5, Moto X

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

Gents, having trouble with a couple of apps...Chrome blinks and disappears....no messages.  Stock browser and Dolphin work.   tried deleting and reinstalling.  No luck.  Also Google+ locks up the phone.  Can still get to reboot menu - usually.  Have had to battery pull a couple of times.

Are they working for others?

#217 jayrod

jayrod

Bacon, Cheese & Mod Connoisseur

• 6,525 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC
  • Current Device(s):Taimen

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Is it possible to customize the screen lock options i.e. Phone, messaging, camera etc. Any way I can change those apps? Thanks!

AFAIK..the only thing you can do with regards to the lock screen on any blur based ROM is app swapping..not addition of new ones, IE..you can't put Google music on there,but you can put handcent or Gosms. The only work around that I am aware of is to use an app like widget locker and make widget shortcuts.. but it's a bit clumsy IMO

Sent from my Flying Jelly running Bionic courtesy of livinginkaos

#218 Tattooz305

Tattooz305

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

AFAIK..the only thing you can do with regards to the lock screen on any blur based ROM is app swapping..not addition of new ones, IE..you can't put Google music on there,but you can put handcent or Gosms. The only work around that I am aware of is to use an app like widget locker and make widget shortcuts.. but it's a bit clumsy IMO

Sent from my Flying Jelly running Bionic courtesy of livinginkaos

How do you swap the apps?

Sent from my JB Bionic

#219 nine5raptor

nine5raptor

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationMO
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic, Droid Razr M, Nexus 5, Moto X

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Disable the stock app and it will pick up another texting app.  I have handcent on my lock screen

#220 Zwraven

Zwraven

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

AFAIK..the only thing you can do with regards to the lock screen on any blur based ROM is app swapping..not addition of new ones, IE..you can't put Google music on there,but you can put handcent or Gosms. The only work around that I am aware of is to use an app like widget locker and make widget shortcuts.. but it's a bit clumsy IMOSent from my Flying Jelly running Bionic courtesy of livinginkaos

Thanks man, I have used widget locker in the past and didn't like it. I thought this was the case w the lock screen, just hoping against hope I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users