Photo

[POLL] I Rooted My Bionic because....

poll root

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: I Rooted My Bionic because.... (34 member(s) have cast votes)

I rooted my Bionic with Djrbliss's Motoshare2 because

1. I took/flashed the OTA Jelly Bean update and lost root in the process (18 votes [52.94%])

Percentage of vote: 52.94%

2. I took/flashed the OTA Jelly Bean update, wasn't rooted, but decided I should (4 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

3. I took/flashed the OTA Jelly Bean update, kept root, BUT since I am a CrackFlasher - I just HAD TO try it (10 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

4. ...well, I haven't updated because I am afraid of what problems Jelly Bean might bring (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

5. ...ummm, I am not going to root this way because I know nothing about Ubuntu/Linux (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. ...I AM NOT going to root with this because it is so easy to do on a Mac and I hate all things Apple or even related (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. .....I've been trying, but I just can't get it..... (1 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:52 PM

Just for fun ......

I kept root with the OTA on the soak.  Once motoshare2 came, I immediately botched my root and rooted with it.   Does that make me a Crack Flasher?

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#2 Jmath679

Jmath679

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Twitter:Jmath679

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

I did a full .246 fxz, rerooted, restored apps and saved my root through the ota.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

#3 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

I actually waited for root exploit, I did a full JB fxz which was fun because I didn't know about the two lines of XML you had to delete, had to run the root exploit the time because I must have been hitting enter at the wrong time cause superuser kept telling me binary was out of date and it couldn't update. Now I'm running on slot 1 with a deoxided so I can figure out what I want to add and change. Currently running the M's Homer launcher because I love those flippy little circles.<br /><br />Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

#4 C10H15N

C10H15N

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSouthwest
  • Current Device(s):Targa

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Did a full 246 fxz, rerooted, restored apps, saved root with voodoo, applied JB update, lost root, got it back with motoshare2, donated to Dan.  :D

Bionic - Rooted JB 4.1.2 - 5.9.905

#5 medic

medic

It's not my blood....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationGhent
  • Current Device(s):Bionic 16gb, Nexus 7

Posted 24 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

I am so tempted to d/l the 32bit libraries after I update my install, and go through the process again. Love wubi!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Wooohoooo, Jelly Belly!

#6 SirEagle

SirEagle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

I picked the first one because there wasn't an option for:

I updated to JB, used Rootkeeper and still had root, then had other issues and had to FXZ, lost root so needed to re-root.

Droid Bionic - JB - Rooted

#7 DunDun

DunDun

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

I haven't had to use it yet. I followed Sam's advice and updated SU binaries prior accepting the OTA and maintained root with rootkeeper.

Droid Bionic/98.72.22XT875/JellyBelly4.1.2 ROOTED!!!

#8 texassax

texassax

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

I actually kept root through the update, but was one of the unfortunate ones who installed bootstrap without realizing that bootstrap and JB hate each other

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: poll, root

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users