• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:islandfellow
  • Google+:islandfellow
  • LocationGeorgia (The State)
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Sony Tablet S

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

So I gave this another try using 5/6 nightly and the new orion update-1 followed the instructions, and let it settle also. While doing stuff on the phone it randomly reboots.

When you guys say to wipe stuff twice, do wipe data twice, then go to cache twice, or do it in sequence...data, cache etc. then do the sequence again, or does it even matter?

Edited by techjunkie, 06 May 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#63 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter:whillmom
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

So I gave this another try using 5/6 nightly and the new orion update-1 followed the instructions, and let it settle also. While doing stuff on the phone it randomly reboots.

When you guys say to wipe stuff twice, do wipe data twice, then go to cache twice, or do it in sequence...data, cache etc. then do the sequence again, or does it even matter?

I've yet to have time to flash it... I usually wipe the same item 3x in a row...
Did you restore any data?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

#64 techjunkie

techjunkie

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Twitter:islandfellow
  • Google+:islandfellow
  • LocationGeorgia (The State)
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Sony Tablet S

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

I wiped everything and started from scratch. I usually use flashing a new rom as a way of "spring cleaning" so I don't restore anything

I am giving up on this one for a while, and give Dead Rage a try.

• timpohladthomas likes this

#65 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

I wiped everything and started from scratch. I usually use flashing a new rom as a way of "spring cleaning" so I don't restore anything

I am giving up on this one for a while, and give Dead Rage a try.

Just sent a pm

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

#66 ziggy

ziggy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:16 PM

I've been trying to install this rom to no avail. Rooted, safestrapped, wiped, installed on romslot-1, mounted system. When reboot screen will go blank after safestrap continue/recovery screen. Now my bootloader screen has changed from Verizon to the Grateful Dead. The only other thing done today is update to 4.1.2 and also copied the Dead Rage Rom to sdcard to try out later.  Have had no problem installing the other roms but I'm stumped here and puzzled by the bootloader screen changing.  My bootloader is still locked.  Any ideas?

#67 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

You don't need to mount system in SS.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#68 ziggy

ziggy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

Sorry I think I may have pressed Rage Rom during the multiple times of installing CM10.1.  Just tried Rage Rom.  Kick rear end Animation on Boot Up.  I'm assuming this is why the Motorola (not verizon) logo has changed on bootloader screen.  But still confused since bootloader is locked how that could change.  Any answers please?  RikRong, are you saying not to mount CM10.1 in safestrap?  Should I mount it over stock rom? Can it be mounted in safestrap on romslot1?   :huh: I know lots of questions. I'm learning as I go I suppose.  Thank in advance!

#69 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

When you say "bootloader" I think you mean "boot animation."  Each custom ROM has its own boot animation, and that will play when you boot the phone.  A bootloader is what allows you to load and flash custom work straight to your phone, without using SafeStrap.  Up until recently, the bootloader for the M was locked and we had to use SS for flashing custom ROMs.  Now that the bootloader can be unlocked, it is possible to flash mods straight to the stock system.  

Now, for SafeStrap.  You do need to load the ROM into Slot 1.  DO NOT load to stock slot.  You don't need to choose the mount system option in SS when you're loading ROMs into Slot 1.  The "mount" option is only used by people with an unlocked bootloader and custom recovery.

Now with all that^^ being said, it's time for you to start reading up about the basics of this phone, before something bad happens.

• marxman3, neckchop, hillmom and 1 other like this

#70 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

5/7 nightly uploaded. Haven't tested yet, but added in a surprise. Here's a hint download nofrills cpu......(and hope what I did works....lol)

• hillmom likes this

#71 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

5/7 nightly uploaded. Haven't tested yet, but added in a surprise. Here's a hint download nofrills cpu......(and hope what I did works....lol)

No camera preview, boot flash still present, but my work paid off.....

• neckchop and hillmom like this

#72 clienterror

clienterror

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

No camera preview, boot flash still present, but my work paid off.....

Damn you for making me want to flash this! Stop making so much awesome stuff :-D

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
  • nprevette420 likes this

#73 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:12 AM

What is the difference between the nightlies from the OP and the nightlies on the site from Skrilax? MD5s are different so something is different.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

#74 hillmom

hillmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter:whillmom
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

What is the difference between the nightlies from the OP and the nightlies on the site from Skrilax? MD5s are different so something is different.

I noticed that too. I think it might have to do with this \/

#75 wolfnstain4

wolfnstain4

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M - XT907

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:54 AM

Yesterday I've finally got my Razr M imported to Finland ;)
I have tried 5/7 & 5/5 and I'm getting same result as you are describing.. the phone reboots on its own. I have figured that it reboots every time it tries to install an app. So if you wont log into Google account or don't connect to the internet then the random reboot stops.

Beside that the camera is not working for me, so I'm returning to stock ROM for now and will hope those issues will be fixed soon.

Good work & please continue ;)... sending donations.

#76 ziggy

ziggy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

B) Thanks RikRong that actually explains that pretty well.  Any links or sites where I can research this more as you said? I've mainly been reading alot of forums getting bits and pieces here and there. Still trying to get the CM10.1 to work. Would love to try it out. I'll reread the steps must have missed something.   <_<  

#77 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

I'm playing with the kernel. Added a couple governors. I'll update the thread fully later tonight.

• nprevette420 likes this

#78 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

B) Thanks RikRong that actually explains that pretty well.  Any links or sites where I can research this more as you said? I've mainly been reading alot of forums getting bits and pieces here and there. Still trying to get the CM10.1 to work. Would love to try it out. I'll reread the steps must have missed something.   <_<  

Most everything you need to learn is right here on this site. Check out the FAQs and surf around the development forums. For more in depth stuff you can go to xda. For example this is a good piece on governors:

#79 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:16 AM

I agree with Marx, you'll find everything you need on this website.  Try to avoid other websites, as there's a lot of clutter out there.  Save those for later. 

#80 nprevette420

nprevette420

BlissPop Maintainer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • LocationNC
  • Current Device(s):XT907 BlissPop v3.1

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

So I decided to try out this ROM. Only problem I have is when i try to install an APK file it reboots instead of installing. Need to install some APKs so please fix this so I can use this ROM

Edit: Did not have this issue when using CM10.1 Nightly without Orion update. Also Marxman, can you post MD5 sums for the nightlies you post?

Edit 2: Also reboots when installing app from market instead of actually installing.

Like My Work? Send me a donation (Google Wallet)

send to: nprevette420@gmail.com
Need Help? Send me a message

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users