1186 replies to this topic

#101 Xelios

Xelios

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

Ya honestly I think you have to load down your phone pretty heavy before the 2nd core activates

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Well, I was just messing around on the homescreen and it stated the 2nd core as active. Didn't really do much to it at all.

#102 KingKurogiii

KingKurogiii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationSpring Hill, TN
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX HD w/ the Pac Man ROM, Droid DNA Stock (2.04'd)

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

Pleased to report after being on battery for 8 hours with light-moderate usage, I'm down to 83%. Battery Widget? Reborn! States I have 1 day, 3 hours left with current usage. Not sure about deep sleep. CPU1 still shows offline in system tuner pro.
Also, maybe take out some of the steppings that aren't used much? That might help a bit.
Edit: scheduler is ROW, governor is Interactive.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

I've had this running for a few hours now, and I can agree with Ban-Hammer on this, my battery drain has slowed down significantly compared to the usual 4.2.2 kernel. Great job dude, this bought back most of the battery life I've had before.

Although I'm not having the CPU core staying off issue. Pie controls shows both cores active sometimes. Scheduler on ROW, Interactive governor as well.

i wish i could be the third to report those kinds of results but i'm still only getting around 12 hours. ):

what ROM's are you guys running? could each of you describe your usage? 

WHAT ARE YOUR SECRETS!?!? o:

#103 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Twitter:@Adam_Swint
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD, Razr M

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

Pleased to report after being on battery for 8 hours with light-moderate usage, I'm down to 83%. Battery Widget? Reborn! States I have 1 day, 3 hours left with current usage. Not sure about deep sleep. CPU1 still shows offline in system tuner pro.

Also, maybe take out some of the steppings that aren't used much? That might help a bit.

Edit: scheduler is ROW, governor is Interactive.

I've had this running for a few hours now, and I can agree with Ban-Hammer on this, my battery drain has slowed down significantly compared to the usual 4.2.2 kernel. Great job dude, this bought back most of the battery life I've had before.

Although I'm not having the CPU core staying off issue. Pie controls shows both cores active sometimes. Scheduler on ROW, Interactive governor as well.

i wish i could be the third to report those kinds of results but i'm still only getting around 12 hours. ):

Latest CM10.1 nightly. I use Seeder and Greenify to tidy things up, auto brightness. Toggle Wifi when I need/don't need it. Also, set your scheduler to ROW and your governor to interactive. That was what did it for me.

owCdSyp.jpg

#104 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

Ya honestly I think you have to load down your phone pretty heavy before the 2nd core activates

Sent from my XT907 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Well, I was just messing around on the homescreen and it stated the 2nd core as active. Didn't really do much to it at all.

If you look at the times, the 2nd core rarely activates. Only a few seconds out of several hours, days even.

owCdSyp.jpg

#105 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:@GillRigged
  • LocationNW WI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Droid RAZR M

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

So, I have the Dark Jelly theme amongst several others and with these themes my signal color goes white. There's no settings to change it back. Is this a ROM issue or a theme issue? Can change the color of battery and clock back but no option for signal.

Sent from my rooted Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

#106 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

Will this stop the FC's on Pac Man? I reallg like the rom but couldnt handle the FC's I realize thats why its Beta.

#107 SquireSCA

SquireSCA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

Can't wait for a Blur version to go with DST ROM.

#108 Xelios

Xelios

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:07 AM

I have the 4/27 CM10.1 build, max brightness, LTE only. I'd say on average, I get about 3 hours of screen on time, about 400 texts/messages sent, and I burn through maybe 200mb of download data. Yesterday, I made it home with about 44% left after 17 hours unplugged. I also have it on ROW and Interactive. Not running any battery saving apps either.

If you look at the times, the 2nd core rarely activates. Only a few seconds out of several hours, days even.

Oh okay, yeah you're right. It doesn't stay online for long, a fraction of a second at best.

#109 KingKurogiii

KingKurogiii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr MAXX HD w/ the Pac Man ROM, Droid DNA Stock (2.04'd)

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

Latest CM10.1 nightly. I use Seeder and Greenify to tidy things up, auto brightness. Toggle Wifi when I need/don't need it. Also, set your scheduler to ROW and your governor to interactive. That was what did it for me.

epniter's or is there an official nightly for the Vanquish now? o:

maybe i'll try toggling off my Wi-Fi more often but i don't see it doubling my battery life. 

yeah, i changed those when Byte suggested it. thanks.

I have the 4/27 CM10.1 build, max brightness, LTE only. I'd say on average, I get about 3 hours of screen on time, about 400 texts/messages sent, and I burn through maybe 200mb of download data. Yesterday, I made it home with about 44% left after 17 hours unplugged. I also have it on ROW and Interactive. Not running any battery saving apps either.

i should try experimenting with other ROM's i think... 

#110 KingKurogiii

KingKurogiii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Will this stop the FC's on Pac Man? I reallg like the rom but couldnt handle the FC's I realize thats why its Beta.

no, i actually started getting FC's and GPS lock issues after i flashed the 5/9 build using this kernel.

i had no such issues before that though even with the Code Kernel. o:

#111 Xelios

Xelios

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

I too had a weird force closing issue last night. I just chalked it up to the ROM, but I'm glad you mentioned it. Pretty much everything was closing and I had to reboot it. Messaging, Gmail, Chrome, Dolphin, Youtube, and a few other things.

#112 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

I too had a weird force closing issue last night. I just chalked it up to the ROM, but I'm glad you mentioned it. Pretty much everything was closing and I had to reboot it. Messaging, Gmail, Chrome, Dolphin, Youtube, and a few other things.

Kernel won't cause FCs. That's all on the ROM.

-_-

Doesn't fix any issues. Just improves on what is already there.

So, I have the Dark Jelly theme amongst several others and with these themes my signal color goes white. There's no settings to change it back. Is this a ROM issue or a theme issue? Can change the color of battery and clock back but no option for signal.

Either ROm or theme issue, could be either depending on the bugs in Cm currently.

• Xelios likes this

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#113 GillRigged

GillRigged

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:@GillRigged
  • LocationNW WI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR Maxx HD, Droid RAZR M

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Either ROM or theme issue, could be either depending on the bugs in Cm currently.

Okay, thanks. Do you think it'd be possible to add a colorization option to signal icons like with battery and clock icons? I'm on AXIOM.

#114 Xelios

Xelios

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification.

Anyway so to update my battery report, I'm glad to say this has returned what my previous stock battery life was. 8.5 hours unplugged with an hour of screen on time, and I'm only down 20%. Had about a hundred messages sent, and an hour of music play too.

#115 BytecodeMe

BytecodeMe

Private Pile

• Superuser
  • 2,004 posts
  • Twitter:@BytecodeMe
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 4, Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Okay, thanks. Do you think it'd be possible to add a colorization option to signal icons like with battery and clock icons? I'm on AXIOM.

I would assume it's possible.

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification.

Anyway so to update my battery report, I'm glad to say this has returned what my previous stock battery life was. 8.5 hours unplugged with an hour of screen on time, and I'm only down 20%. Had about a hundred messages sent, and an hour of music play too.

Good to hear.

byte3plusrainbowsmallllllllller.png

#116 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

just kind of curious what are people getting for battery? I get 14 hrs 4 1/2 hrs screen on everything on

#117 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

just kind of curious what are people getting for battery? I get 14 hrs 4 1/2 hrs screen on everything on

53% 14 hours. 1.5 hrs screen on, moderate usage. About what I got on Vitreous.

owCdSyp.jpg

#118 tom1226

tom1226

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

I don't seem to be able to change the io scheduler. I can click other options, but it sticks at the default (deadline) and doesn't change. I did set the governor to interactive. Could be something with the ROM I'm running (XenonHD). So far the kernel is nice and quick, I'm hoping it helps with the abysmal battery life I'm getting. I'll report back!

#119 Ban-Hammer

Ban-Hammer

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:02 PM

I don't seem to be able to change the io scheduler. I can click other options, but it sticks at the default (deadline) and doesn't change. I did set the governor to interactive. Could be something with the ROM I'm running (XenonHD). So far the kernel is nice and quick, I'm hoping it helps with the abysmal battery life I'm getting. I'll report back!

What app are you using to change it? I use Rom Toolbox Pro

owCdSyp.jpg

#120 rebretz000

rebretz000

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • LocationJohnstown, PA
  • Current Device(s):Huawei Nexus 6P, Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

I second that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users