• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Twitter:@AtomskPK
  • Google+:Christopher Picardi
  • LocationBurlington,MA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

I have never started a topic before but after days of trial and error I figured out a way to overclock to 1350 stable as hell and got it to stick. I had to use a variety of pieces from other devs hard work at overclock scripts, pieced them all together and started modifying stuff. I am going to try and break it down as simply as I can. Bear with me, this is sooo new to me.

First things first backup your current rom slot.

1. Step One-      any custom rom  (based on the ota jellybean) should work just fine.

2. Step Two-      download this zip I was kind enough to have hosted by zooyork0721. 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

3. Step Three-   unzip the 3 files somewhere to your ext-sd card for safe keeping.

4. Step Four-       Reboot into safestrap or CWM and install the file named   

. It should take a few seconds. Then reboot again. Be patient for phone to finish rebooting fully. Now before going any further you must check the system/lib/modules directory to make sure the flash took properly. Just see if there are a bunch of new governors in there, smartass etc., if not, stop and reflash the zip, it will take eventually.

5. Step Five-     Take my modified fumoto.ko file and using root explorer move it to the directory  system/lib/modules. You have to enable copying so click mount r/w in the top left corner, now change permissions to match the other .ko files you see there. Then change back to Mount R/O in the upper left corner and we have finished this step

6. Step Six-        Make sure you have SetCpu, and smanager installed and working well. I like to put a setcpu widget on my screen letting me know the cpu speed all the time.  Also its a good idea to set the hotplug as default for the time being. I also like to set the widget it to update every 5 seconds so I can troubleshoot things more easily.

7. Step Seven-    Take my custom made Modules.sh from the sdcard-ext and copy it to the root of your sd card. Using smanager locate and open modules.sh as a script/executable and give it fav, su, and boot priorities. You can then save and run the script successfully. If you want to test it first then run it without giving it the boot priority, then once you confirm it's working you can edit the script to boot as well. This is also where you would modify the oc values if you were so inclined.

8. Step Eight-     Reboot, wait 5 minutes for the phone to finish its boot up tasks. then go to your widget created by setcpu and click on it, you should have the option of setting your max speed to 1350 if it didn't do it automatically. You should also have a ton of new governors and some new schedulers. Read up on them to figure out which one is ideally best for you. I stick with hotplug and sio respectively 

9. Step Nine-    Now all you have to do is go into setcpu and go to the profiles section. Click enable profiles down the bottom. Then create a profile that triggers when the "screen on" condition has been met.

You want this profile to have the cpu setting at 1350 max, 300 min, I like hotplug, and sio as I said before, now make it priority 100 and exclusive. Now Save your profile and exit out of the app.

10. Step Ten-  Reboot one last time and wait a few minutes till the scripts etc.start to finish their start up routines. Then PROFIT

P.S. I am going to try to give proper respect to all the sources I used to create this guide/files. jl90 has been an invaluable help during this my first attempt at a helpful post. I do believe the kinks have been worked out.  Also the thread 

.was where I finally started to put the pieces together. Most crucially Whirlyeyes for his hard work and easily modifiable files that let me finally get this nightmare to work flawlessly. If anybody feels slighted or unrecognized I will be happy to add you as a contributor/source whatever. I am just too new to this to know all the proper etiquette yet. But Please do let me know.

I personally am running rage rom and it's like a dream.

Logic dictates that this same method should be flawless on any OTA JELLYBEAN based rom.

ALTERNATE METHOD-

Thanks to jl90

UPDATED ALTERNATE METHOD

Flash the kernel modules
Flash this bad boy

Reboot profit!

Alternative method

OK first thing first back up your current ROM with safe strap. 

Have nofrillsCPU or setcpu installed and smanager. Cpu benchmark is good to test with.

Then download from here 2 zip files

Flash the zips in safestrap * I do them separately just do modules then do init.d installer after that.
Reboot.
Let phone run through start up completely.
Copy the frequency/ voltage table from here

You should see it near middle of page table has stuff like echo/196 blah blah copy just the echo commands

In smanager go to system/etc/init.d
You will see a file called 90modules open it as script/executable. 
Select edit there will be a script to load modules in there. Leave a blank line beneath that by tabbing down then paste the table you copied. 

Back out select OK save changes then it will warn you about bricking device select brick.

Now select superuser and boot options.
Save configuration (upper right corner)

Reboot.
WAIT!
you will see a script running notification.
Let phone start up completely

Open setcpu or no frills and check frequencies should be 196min 1350 max
In setcpu you can create a profile for screen on. Make it exclusive priority100

Benchmark to verify its working.

You can edit frequencies in smanager 90 modules. 

open smanager swipe right to left. open file select edit then change values to desired frequencies. I use 1350max but min I set to 300
Reboot after changes. 

Hope this is easy 

1350 is highest I have gone without random reboots but others have reached 1375.

• prosaschi, UPower69, stonecaster and 3 others like this

#2 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBurlington,MA

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

East2West I believe was responsible for getting the modules to work with the new jb ota. SO big props for his hard work too.

• East2West likes this

#3 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBurlington,MA

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

Also please hit like if this works for you, or leave a question or comment if it doesn't I hope I can be of a lot of help to people who may be running into some of the same issues I struggled with.

#4 iamhugger

iamhugger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Locationsouth dakota
  • Current Device(s):droid razr

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

or was it dtrail1 who compiled the modules to work on JB ota!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#5 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBurlington,MA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

Well respect to dtrail1 if his well deserved  credit had been misattributed.

#6 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

Matt has a playstore app for rooted devices that will enable initd support on any rooted phone too. So just in case you happen to have one of these rogue roms that don't hold their own, anyone can have initd support ;)
  • bjh and UPower69 like this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#7 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

@upower69 does this method allow you to modify frequencies after install? I am currently over clocked at 1360 with no reboots yet. Running on rage3.2. I kinda like the ability to adjust and experiment. :) great work!!

#8 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBurlington,MA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:09 AM

@jl90 You can always open the modules script file with smanager regardless of which method you chose and then edit it directly either in the /system/etc/init.d folder or on the root of the SDCard. I just changed mine to 1375 for a trial run.You do have to set the script as fav, su, and boot. But remember you need to modify the SetCpu profiles to reflect the higher speed. And don't go bananas with the speeds, I find everything after 1375 or so I lose benchmark scores. Maybe its just me.

#9 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

@jl90 You can always open the modules script file with smanager regardless of which method you chose ad then edit it directly either in the /system/etc/init.d folder or on the root of the SDCard. I just changed mine to 1375 for a trial run.You do have to set the script as fav, su, and boot. But remember you need to modify the SetCpu profiles to reflect the higher speed. And don't go bananas with the speeds, I find everything after 1375 or so I lose benchmark scores. Maybe its just me.

Cool thanks I did my install the hard way. Seems to be good no issues but if that changes I will give this method a shot. Thanks for taking the time to make this available to the more noobish among us ;)

Also I am gonna post a link to rage thread (a lot of interested folks not confident to try) so you get some credit for your effort! Cool?
  • UPower69 likes this

#10 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

@Upower maybe I'm missing something here but the link to the "zip file" takes you to a page with no download option. Just checked it out before putting the link to your thread on rage3.2 thread. Confused :(

#11 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

This is URL link sent me to.

#12 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBurlington,MA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

click the weird arrow in the top right that will open up the full screen

under the "files" heading click the download option. I dunno why that happened I'll try and fix it to make it simpler.

the really strange thing is the original link works perfect for me, but that bizarre preview page was annoying. I am pretty new to hosting files with Google Drive so I have a bit to learn. But let me know if people can or can not get these files, I will figure something else out

#13 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Thanks buddy I just figured I would let you know before others try it :)

#14 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBurlington,MA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

I appreciate it man. Did you ever get the zip to download by the way? It worked for me but since I am the owner I wanted to double check. Thanks for your time

#15 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

No man the funny arrow isn't there. Lol! Np

#16 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

@Upower69

Hey i was thinking about it when I should have been working lol. Maybe you could upload the zip to dev-host. I am on my cell so maybe that's the issue. I know dev-host works on my phone.

#17 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

Hey upower this is courtesy of zooyork. Hope this helps you out. I never could DL from the link.
;)
  • BSchild2 likes this

#18 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBurlington,MA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Thank you guys for the help I will update the op now with the superior links.

#19 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

NP man I'm gonna reflash and use your install so thank you for putting this together. Ps the modules are in the zip so I just wanted you to know that bud. :)

#20 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBurlington,MA

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Thanks a million for the assist brother

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: overclock, jellybean, roms, razr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users