#21 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hey upower I have tried to install 4 times with both initd and smanager. Fails at the lock screen. Maybe something got borked in the upload but I meticulously followed steps in the op. I suggest testing the files zoo hosted before someone bricks their phone. Sorry if anything I did screwd this up!!!! :( please let me know if you find something wrong.

#22 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Twitter:@AtomskPK
  • Google+:Christopher Picardi
  • LocationBurlington,MA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

will do man, I am currently testing everything now.

I apologize if anybody has had issues I will get to the bottom of it.

#23 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:39 PM

Glad to hear it I really hope you sort it out. Sorry again. I checked the files and the scripts are there.
  • UPower69 likes this

#24 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBurlington,MA

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Okay I changed the OP to have you flash the zip first before you move fumoto, and to avoid confusion and errors I have temporarily taken out the init.d method as it was not working 100% and I want this guide to be as easy as possible for noobs.

#25 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

Rock on brother I kinda got impatient and did my own install method. But I will play guinea pig and try again tomorrow when i should be working!!! Lol! So the hosted files are good I take it. That would bum me out if I messed you up.

#26 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBurlington,MA

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

No man the files are fine, the init.d element was just chaotic, I did the same thing multiple times and it would work only occasionally  So screw that, smanager works flawlessly and I am 90% sure that anybody who follows the new and improved op should be in for a pleasant ride with no surprises. Once again thanks a million for the helping hand.

#27 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

You got I am glad to find someone else wanting to make overclocking "easy". Lmao :) I know this should be common sense but you may want to add a " make a back up of your current rom slot note in the op. ;) also please change zooyork to zooyork0721. I couldn't remember the digits yesterday lol!

#28 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBurlington,MA

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Done and Done, I replicated your freeze at lockscreen as well. It was caused by the zip not flashing properly the first time, then the script was trying to load nonexistent governors and everything went to pot. However with the updated op I think we should be close to 100% effective now.

#29 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

Awesome!!! Glad you figured it out.:) I was doubting my ability to follow directions lol! BTW I chatted with zoo today and he agreed to keep file hosted for at least a couple months. ;)
  • UPower69 likes this

#30 UPower69

UPower69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBurlington,MA

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Great News, give him my thanks. And let me know how tomorrow's test drive goes

#31 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Man I think I figured out my problems; a) I dont have root explorer. B) I am trying to do this install on a back up of a dirty flash...lazy. so I don't have time tonight to erase romslot1 and recreate. But I will this weekend. I posted an invite to anyone on rage to try this out for you. Hope to have time Saturday. Its hard to do too much experimenting on this phone cause I need it! Lol!

#32 ktraub

ktraub

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSo. Maryland

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

Hey guys,

1st, thanks for all the hard work doing this.

I'm having a problem with it though. Whenever I try to run the Modules.sh, my phone reboots. I'm wondering if the top clock speed is too high for my phone? 

In the past when I overclocked my phone, if I went any higher than 1272, it would reboot.

I tried editing the top speed line from 1350 to 1250 but the phone still rebooted as soon as I went to run it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Kev

#33 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

Its not the clock speed causing the issue I'm having the same problem reboots at run script/ lockscreen. Not sure of the problem. Upower has done it successfully I have not. What rom are you running rage?

#34 ktraub

ktraub

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSo. Maryland

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Its not the clock speed causing the issue I'm having the same problem reboots at run script/ lockscreen. Not sure of the problem. Upower has done it successfully I have not. What rom are you running rage?

I got it to work by cutting the clock speed down to 1275.

I have one of the early RAZR's and it can't handle the higher clock speed. Above 1300 the display gets twitchy and at 1350 it reboots as soon as i execute the script.

Oh well, 1275 will have to do.

Thanks.

#35 MLSchleps

MLSchleps

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Would this work on the Bionic as well?  I know the ICS overclock worked on the Bionic and the Droid 4.

#36 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

I got it to work by cutting the clock speed down to 1275.
I have one of the early RAZR's and it can't handle the higher clock speed. Above 1300 the display gets twitchy and at 1350 it reboots as soon as i execute the script.
Oh well, 1275 will have to do.
Thanks.

Awesome!!!

#37 wonton9224

wonton9224

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Google+:rstrawbridge9224@gmail.com
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

So I'm trying to dl this but drop box says it's been removed, I was able to dl it through es downloader, says it's 17.04 kb, is that right? Also I cannot extract it, gives an error of a bad zip. Can anyone provide some info/mirror for this file, I'd really like to try and overclock some AOKP!

#38 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

So I'm trying to dl this but drop box says it's been removed, I was able to dl it through es downloader, says it's 17.04 kb, is that right? Also I cannot extract it, gives an error of a bad zip. Can anyone provide some info/mirror for this file, I'd really like to try and overclock some AOKP!

No that is not right size! I guess zoo needed room on his drop box. Upower will have to set up a mirror. Sorry gonna have to wait. Note this Only for stock kernel 3.0.8 won't work on anything else!!!!

#39 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

O
  • sereneDelusions likes this

#40 sereneDelusions

sereneDelusions

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Yes! It worked....I've been waiting a while for something this easy. Good instructions and nice to have a file host again. Much appreciation to all involved.

Edit - I'm on rage 3.2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: overclock, jellybean, roms, razr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users