• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

#61 mopar57

mopar57

Developer/MOD

• Superuser
  • 375 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Has anyone thought about using a external battery charger? I have a belt clip that would hold the maxx In a otterbox, and just have the external charger in it. My problem was solved, and it was even 70 bucks cheaper than the maxx upgrade!

The thing i hate about threads like this, is its a place for everyone to complain. The purpose if the RAZR is to be razor thin...this is why moto release the smaller battery, and if the phone is only used as a phone then the battery is big enough! Its that everyone uses a PHONE for what a laptop does....just think of having a laptop battery attach to your phone! If you don't like it, no one is making you buy it. Try making anything and pleasing EVERYONE...it won't happen. And if the maxx hit the ground first, think of the price tag...is was/is 100 bucks more than the RAZR...the RAZR release at 299...so who would have paid 399 for a phone on contact? ( yes i know this can be argue, but anything can be argue...fact is no one knows what could have been)

And to touch on the car issue...i know plenty of car guys that would buy a v8 with 6 gallon tank...less weight/faster/lighter/better gas millage...etc

Posted Image

Posted Image

Got an idea for a theme?

PM me!

I like mail! :D

#62 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Twitter:gexx

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

If I knew the maxx was going to come out, I would have paid 100 more to get it. I also do have a external charger, but it isn't to easy to find a external charger that will charge it at a adequate rate while using it. When I have it on a 1a charger at home or in my car it will charge it, and be useable on 4g, keeps up, but most usb battires put out 500-800ma for output, plus my battery has a 1850mah battery, that if I am using it, will pretty much work while using it, and extended it out a bit, but like today I almost ripped the cable off when I stuck it in my pocket. I have also looked for those external cases w/ batteries, I'd love to use one of those, but no one makes them for the razr.

I still believe that moto effed up by releasing the maxx, that's the phone that should have been released. They had to realize there would have been backlash from it.

I like verizon service, heck I was in a back of a mountain yesterday and it worked great. I just hate having the ripped off feeling, which I do right now.

I am not bitc$%#g about this to be cheap, I am bitc$%#g about this because I need a small nuclear reactor to keep the phone going on 4g without being next to a charger.

I have talked to motorola @ ces, and they said that there have been several complaints about it, there is a huge thread on the moto forums about it , people are irked, and I even told verizon, I am not blaming them, I am blaming motorola. They had to know. Had to.. My only working theory is that this was a money grab, on moto's part. Lets release a phone,then a month 1/2 later, release the same phone but w/ a bigger battery. Then lots of people will buy both phones. Well I am not one to be messed over with like this.

I am not asking for the droid hd that is coming out, or a different model phone, I want the same one w/ a bigger battery without having to spend 600 bucks on a bigger battery, the one that moto should have released to begin with.

#63 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

I didn't even know there was a RAZR Maxx which is why I wanted to file a complaint. I wasn't informed of the phone when I purchased the RAZR and would have definitely bought the Maxx for $100 more.

#64 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

I didn't even know there was a RAZR Maxx which is why I wanted to file a complaint. I wasn't informed of the phone when I purchased the RAZR and would have definitely bought the Maxx for $100 more.

I would have paid extra, hell i spent $40 on a portable battery so $60 extra wouldn't be bad. I would consider it a convenience fee :)

Im done "complaining" about the phone, lol. It was my choice and I accept it. I'll deal with it haha.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#65 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Just Fri status update the maxx's battery is that much better. I've been on 4g since 1pm still rocking strong... there has to be something else wrong with the regular razrs....

#66 StigmaShadow

StigmaShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Google+:StigmaShadow
  • LocationBristol, VA

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

My Razr actually seems to get better battery life with the ICS leak. And it's running on wi-fi most of the day... I could be trippin though.

Swyped on my rooted DROID RAZR (4.0.3) using Tapatalk 2

#67 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:54 AM

So how do we file? Through the FCC or verizon?

sent from my rooted ICS running RAZR with bootstrap alongside with beats audio hack and a battery mod. have a nice day you iPhone hating friends. :)
a what? an android? whats that?

#68 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:59 AM

First page of the thread there is a link click it.

#69 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:50 AM

First page of the thread there is a link click it.

What us the link? All I as was for a utility and a swappa website.

sent from my rooted ICS running RAZR with bootstrap alongside with beats audio hack and a battery mod. have a nice day you iPhone hating friends. :)
a what? an android? whats that?

#70 mikera67

mikera67

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Just received letter from Verizon, sent to the FCC as well stating what we agreed to settle my complaint. I couldn't be happier, I can get over two days without charging, doesn't get near as hot, I stream several hours of video daily from my sling player, couple hours of hot spot for my galaxy tab, couple hours of slacker, you can't kill ths battery in a day. Had to buy the car mount, couldn't modify the razr one good enough to use it. I hardly user my external 6600 mah charger anymore, wife uses it for her thunder bolt. Very different not having to charge this phone before I go anywhere, last weekend at the state pool championship I lost my charger Thursday night, only had my external rest of the weekend- I didn't charge it until late late sat., and I still had 30% even sitting in the stands watching saving private Ryan then midway, I think this phone is possessed, lol, nothing I've owned even comes close

Razr maxx

#71 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:07 AM

mikera67 me and my boss are both with you, 4g all day no issues, I have yet to have the battery go dead, it seems to be more than double the battery, or a different chemistry or something. Here I am 6 hours after pulling it off the charger still at 80% and I've been using it all day, calling, data, texting, my standard razr would have been dead 2 hours ago doing the same. Either moto released a bunch of defective standard razr's or the battery is something else completely. It's been really really weird not having to charge it every time I see a charger :)

#72 chefed24

chefed24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:@EdSadler
  • LocationAustin Texas

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

Just received letter from Verizon, sent to the FCC as well stating what we agreed to settle my complaint. I couldn't be happier, I can get over two days without charging, doesn't get near as hot, I stream several hours of video daily from my sling player, couple hours of hot spot for my galaxy tab, couple hours of slacker, you can't kill ths battery in a day. Had to buy the car mount, couldn't modify the razr one good enough to use it. I hardly user my external 6600 mah charger anymore, wife uses it for her thunder bolt. Very different not having to charge this phone before I go anywhere, last weekend at the state pool championship I lost my charger Thursday night, only had my external rest of the weekend- I didn't charge it until late late sat., and I still had 30% even sitting in the stands watching saving private Ryan then midway, I think this phone is possessed, lol, nothing I've owned even comes close

Razr maxx

can you black out your name and post letter. I just received my letter explaining that they were unable to help me. I think it's because they are now getting flooded. I filed the day of your original post. They called and spoke to me about it a week ago and then stated they wouldn't be able to do anything. I figure with a copy of your letter (blacked out of course) i could stir the pot because obviously there is presidence set now. What erks me is two things one I am a personal use customer but also a business customer, second the lady even stated that the battery life is bad on razr's. Thanks also I understand if you don't want to do it thought I would ask.

#73 GeXX

GeXX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

Talk to someone else.. I had to talk to 3 people until I finally got one that was willing to do the right thing. First one said she would but lied, second one was useless and said it could not be done, the third was finally able to charge a small upgrade fee and talk to their manager and make me a happy customer.

#74 Kimo91

Kimo91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:elton.k.sales@gmail.com
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

After 3 Razr replacements due to battery issues I got a Razr Maxx today as a warranty replacement and I didn't have to threaten anyone, sic the FCC on anyone, etc. I must ask his is anyone having a rough time with customer service and most of us that are polite and courteous to CS as they are to us, go out of their way for us not not anyone else? I honestly don't get it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#75 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

Nope..... I didn't get angry because the maxx came out after I bought my RAZR and complain over and over again about battery until they got sick of me and gave me a maxx. I just bought one for full retail and sold my RAZR on swappa. People wonder why this crap costs so much :(

#76 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

Nope..... I didn't get angry because the maxx came out after I bought my RAZR and complain over and over again about battery until they got sick of me and gave me a maxx. I just bought one for full retail and sold my RAZR on swappa. People wonder why this crap costs so much :(

Good for you that you can afford to spend $600 on a phone.

#77 pdumont1

pdumont1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:@puffingonj
  • Google+:Patrick Dumont
  • Locationct

Posted 08 May 2012 - 02:42 AM

Wow, i dont ever remember vzw or motorola boasting of how good the battery life was on the razr. maybe people should have waited or read reviews before making the purchase. i preordered my razr in october have no problems whatsoever with it, and if im going somewhere where i cant charge it i charge before i go. it is all the crybabys that make stuff cost so much. if verizon was smart they would just send out the bigger battery and rear case instead of replacing the phones to all the whiners.
gs3 with "unauthorized software"

#78 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:18 AM

Good for you that you can afford to spend $600 on a phone.

Has nothing to do with having $600 to spend on a phone. Has more to do with self accountability, I should have waited to see what the reviews on battery life were before I bought it.
  • pdumont1 and spollock like this

#79 oliohh

oliohh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

Has nothing to do with having $600 to spend on a phone. Has more to do with self accountability, I should have waited to see what the reviews on battery life were before I bought it.

Its honestly not the fact that battery life is BAD on the Razr, because honestly i get at LEAST 12 hours of light to moderate usage. I think it is more along the lines of people are upset with the fact that they came out with the same phone with a bigger battery. Noone put thought into the fact that a non removable battery might be a problem.

Edit: Obviously this brings us back to not having done our research but I was just putting my two cents as to the whole problem here. I am not unhappy at all with my Razr. I get much better battery than i did with my DX. And if i wasnt using an ICS Rom and was making use of Smart Actions id be getting outstanding battery life!

#80 Geezio

Geezio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:gsmtz7r
  • Google+:gsmtz74@gmail.com
  • LocationAngleton Texas

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:46 AM

Yes I filed my complaint yesterday as well I had already complained to Verizon and they sent me the same phone under warranty ...but still the same exact issue poor battery life and now they are selling the RAZR for like $100 or less of course with a 2 yr contract and still with the promise of 12.5 hours of talk time ...ugh the nerve of them!:o />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users