#81 Zog

Zog

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:Zog_

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

blah blah blah ohh no my razr isn't a maxx..

Did any of you, like me, have a BION--ICK before this? At least you didn't have to waste two upgrades like me haha, god I hate contracts!

I should have filed with the FCC for that phone, at least there was something to complain about then.. battery is one thing, the hardware I have now that came out unannounced only 4 weeks after... a different story... EVERYTHING i mean EVERYTHING broke within a year or didn't work from the get go lol.. 4g radio, sim card slot didn't read all the time, micro-usb port required constant fan-angling to keep a connection, constant 4g drops even when it did work, CONSTANT leaks and radio upgrades -- more than any phone I've seen in my life...

And after wasting your contract for the first time, you use your 1yr early upgrade and waste it a second time on the original RAZR... TY MOTORIZON! I want my $600 bucks and an apology.. should really market their phones more than a month ahead of time. Saves your customers and tech support some extra gray hair and migraines.

#82 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

blah blah blah ohh no my razr isn't a maxx..

Did any of you, like me, have a BION--ICK before this? At least you didn't have to waste two upgrades like me haha, god I hate contracts!

I should have filed with the FCC for that phone, at least there was something to complain about then.. battery is one thing, the hardware I have now that came out unannounced only 4 weeks after... a different story... EVERYTHING i mean EVERYTHING broke within a year or didn't work from the get go lol.. 4g radio, sim card slot didn't read all the time, micro-usb port required constant fan-angling to keep a connection, constant 4g drops even when it did work, CONSTANT leaks and radio upgrades -- more than any phone I've seen in my life...

And after wasting your contract for the first time, you use your 1yr early upgrade and waste it a second time on the original RAZR... TY MOTORIZON! I want my $600 bucks and an apology.. should really market their phones more than a month ahead of time. Saves your customers and tech support some extra gray hair and migraines.

I had the bionic. I loved it but hated it so much more so verizon offered me a droid charge. After arguing with the idiots for 45 minutes I talked the manager into giving me a droid razr. After going through 11 certified razrs and begging for a NIB razr they offered me a bionic. I told them to get bent and filed with the fcc. Three weeks later Verizon called and offered me a maxx which was certified like new. Surprisingly this ones gps, screen, external speaker, earpiece speaker, sim card slot, AND power/volume buttons all worked. I finally got my perfect phone but wasted some 25 hours on the phone with Verizon which cost me around
$800-900 worth of wages since the bulk majority was done at work since I just DONT have it in me to argue with them after 10-12 hours of work. End rant.
Sent from my Axiom MAXX!!

#83 uberbdon

uberbdon

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

I had the bionic. I loved it but hated it so much more so verizon offered me a droid charge. After arguing with the idiots for 45 minutes I talked the manager into giving me a droid razr. After going through 11 certified razrs and begging for a NIB razr they offered me a bionic. I told them to get bent and filed with the fcc. Three weeks later Verizon called and offered me a maxx which was certified like new. Surprisingly this ones gps, screen, external speaker, earpiece speaker, sim card slot, AND power/volume buttons all worked. I finally got my perfect phone but wasted some 25 hours on the phone with Verizon which cost me around
$800-900 worth of wages since the bulk majority was done at work since I just DONT have it in me to argue with them after 10-12 hours of work. End rant.

I find it hilarious that you wasted 25 hours on the phone and $900 in lost wages to finally get your perfect phone, then install a ROM that borks your video camera.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • Krazr likes this

#84 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

I find it hilarious that you wasted 25 hours on the phone and $900 in lost wages to finally get your perfect phone, then install a ROM that borks your video camera.Its really hard to believe the maxx being no different other than the battery held success over all 11 prior devices... That was really either bad luck or....Well I guess I'll just say all in all you seem to have gotten what you seem to have wanted all along, a razr maxx..or a thick razr thin phone with a bigger battery...lol Good for you man...Wow...11?? Lol whoa! I would be pissed too. In fact I would've not excepted another razr.. thicker or the original Razrā„¢

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

#85 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:13 AM

It got to the point where I had to go to a corporate store and SHOW them the issue. As frustrated as I was with this the manager never even came out to see me when I went in. I stood there for 50 minutes just for a sales rep to say the manager wanted him to handle it...WTF?! I would lose my position if I made my employees take care of customer service issues like that. I was thrilled with my big ol bionic with extended battery. I made it through a full day no problem. It was just the data that killed me.

I just really believe based on my experience working in geeksquad that this could have been solved with a single NIB Razr. Ive seen so many guys that look at the work order and then glance at the problem and say "nope, dont see it." And just put fixed into the computer or some BS as to what they fixed just so bestbuy gets paid for the work.

#86 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

Seriously with 900 lost wages and 25 hours fighting, you were better off buying a new maxx for 600 instead of getting a refurbished one. :mellow:

#87 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:58 AM

Tell me about it. I am not one to give up and let then win. They sold me a device that I paid with my hard earned money (62-64 hours per week) and it did not work as advertised. I wasn't about to roll over dead and let them take more of my money. Either way, its in the past and I'm happier now. I will extensively test my next phone for any problems before my two weeks are up. I wish carriers still offered unlimited data because I was close to telling them i wanted to end my contract since they could not hold up their end of the bargain.

#88 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

Amazing how everything worked perfectly once ya got the phone ya wanted ;)

#89 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:08 AM

I just got a phone call from verizon... I'm considering NOT settling. Unlock the boot loader!! We should file complaints about that too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

#90 benefit14snake

benefit14snake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:31 AM

Amazing how everything worked perfectly once ya got the phone ya wanted

I don't remember saying I wanted a maxx. I wanted a NIB razr that worked. The razrs battery was good enough. Not great but good enough. Once i got home i would use my transformer prime with dock. In fact, the last razr I had I was super happy with until i tried the gps. It was the one thing that did not work.

#91 Geezio

Geezio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Twitter:gsmtz7r
  • Google+:gsmtz74@gmail.com
  • LocationAngleton Texas

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

So tuesday I called Verizon again my second complaint ..first one they sent me a Certified like new Droid RAZR ..well i had the same battery life problem ..so this time I get a free Motorola portable battery pack so in going to carry this with me all day and see if its good oh well it was free and light just another thing to haul around in my pocket!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

87.89KB   8 downloads

#92 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

i submitted my complaint a while ago but havent heard back yet...
a what? an android? whats that?

#93 Geezio

Geezio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationAngleton Texas

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:35 AM

Oh still waiting on the FCC complaint ...this battery pack was Verizon's resolve, so we will see what they say when the FCC hits em up about this ...I'm thinking there just going to say it has been resolved! quite possibly that's what's going to happen but maybe ill get a MAXX in the end who knows!:o

#94 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

So tuesday I called Verizon again my second complaint ..first one they sent me a Certified like new Droid RAZR ..well i had the same battery life problem ..so this time I get a free Motorola portable battery pack so in going to carry this with me all day and see if its good oh well it was free and light just another thing to haul around in my pocket!

87.89KB   8 downloads

I
I used this for quite a bit. It can charge the phone to full from around 30-40% in about 2-3 hours in pocket. But if you try and use it while connected is awkward and drains portable battery a little faster. Its very handy to have for sure, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#95 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

i submitted my complaint a while ago but havent heard back yet...

I filed but don't expect any response or resolve. I just wanted to say my peace and then I moved on, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#96 Geezio

Geezio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationAngleton Texas

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

Yea I just charged from 40% to 100% in like 2 hours and yes I'm holding both my RAZR and the charger kinda annoying but hey my phone is fully charged...:P

#97 joshuahist

joshuahist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Twitter:joshuahist
  • Google+:joshuahist
  • LocationPhiladelphia Pa

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

I just don't understand how anyone has a complaint here. IF the Razr Maxx didn't come out, would anyone be complaining that their Razr sucked and had terrible battery life? Maybe people should have waited 4 weeks and just bought the Maxx instead. Doesn't Verizon have a 30 day return anyway? Hell, Bestbuy gives you insurance that covers throwing it in toilet, taking a dump on it and then sending it driectly to them for $9.99 a month, yet people are acting like Motorola stabbed their child in the throat, grabbed their purse while helping their baby, and stole their money.

Bottom line is you chose a phone based on what models were available at the time. You were given a period where you could have returned it, and didn't. And now people are mad that a better phone came out. Did you guys all complain every single time a new phone comes out that your phone sucks? Just because Motorola was lame and didn't inprove the Razr Maxx other than the battery doesn't mean that they owe you anything.

#98 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

I just don't understand how anyone has a complaint here. IF the Razr Maxx didn't come out, would anyone be complaining that their Razr sucked and had terrible battery life? Maybe people should have waited 4 weeks and just bought the Maxx instead. Doesn't Verizon have a 30 day return anyway? Hell, Bestbuy gives you insurance that covers throwing it in toilet, taking a dump on it and then sending it driectly to them for $9.99 a month, yet people are acting like Motorola stabbed their child in the throat, grabbed their purse while helping their baby, and stole their money.

Bottom line is you chose a phone based on what models were available at the time. You were given a period where you could have returned it, and didn't. And now people are mad that a better phone came out. Did you guys all complain every single time a new phone comes out that your phone sucks? Just because Motorola was lame and didn't inprove the Razr Maxx other than the battery doesn't mean that they owe you anything.

I think folks have been complaining for different reasons. Most I have seen are pissed because Verizon either advertised better battery life or sales said how good it would be, but nobody gets it. Thus paying for something that doesn't work as promised or advertised. Specs are 12.5 hours of talk time. Not sure what you folks are getting, but mine is drained with about 3 hours of display usage and second to last dimness.

#99 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

I think folks have been complaining for different reasons. Most I have seen are pissed because Verizon either advertised better battery life or sales said how good it would be, but nobody gets it. Thus paying for something that doesn't work as promised or advertised. Specs are 12.5 hours of talk time. Not sure what you folks are getting, but mine is drained with about 3 hours of display usage and second to last dimness.

I don't recall Verizon advertising better battery life on the OG Razr. But common sense would tell me that we have seen numerous 4G phones with similar sized batteries at this point and all have had pretty meh battery life. There is no magic battery pill just like there is no magic diet pill that lets you eat whatever you want and lose weight.

I have the OG razr, had the Thunderbolt and the OG Droid. All have had crappy battery life. I don't complain. It is the nature of the beast with 4G cell phones. I'm sure the Maxx is great but I actually prefer the thinness of the OG.

As for 12 hour talk time, the screen is off while you are on the phone and data is turned off so that may be possible. But with the screen on time that goes down significantly.

What I don't understand is if people were unhappy with the Razr when the maxx came out why not just sell their Razr on Ebay or something and get the Maxx at full price. I'm sure when the Maxx came out you could have gotten $500+ for the OG Razr.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#100 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

I have no complaints with my RAZR battery life. I've had it since march and it hasn't died on me once yet. This phone had better battery life than my droid, charge, thunderbolt, and maybe even my droid x.

Sent from my DROIDRAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users