Sent from my XT912 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
  • BigJArm likes this

#302 lifeontheedge324

lifeontheedge324

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:45 AM

This rom is fantastic so far! Smooth as butter and great on battery. Only complaint is that I can't get the flashlight to work on the lockscreen when longpressing the center button. Is there a trick or fix to this? Thanks for all your hard work and to the community for answers. Any help is appreciated

#303 ishy64

ishy64

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

This last update is by far the best.  I was having problems with MMS but since 6-5 update it's been good.  I haven't had issues with it at all. The only problem I had was when I was taking a video, I couldn't do anything less then HD.  Which isn't a big deal, but It did fill up my memory card up fast!  Thanks for what you do!  I am loving it!

#304 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

I restore apps and data with no system data so i'm not sure. I like to use the Dark Rom features so that's why i used the slim version gapps. I think part of my problem with the phone freezing when i do screen on / screen off was the CRT animation. I turned the animation off and I haven't had a lock up since :D

There was a fix merged a couple days ago that should help eliminate more of the screen on/off issues. Also my biggest complaint.

So... notes from me:

Dirty flashed the new version, it corrupted numerous applications for some reason and Theme Chooser kept force closing.  I went back, deleted the ROM slot, reinstalled the ROM with Stock Gapps (though I was missing some big ones - Gmail?!), ran a fix permission after first boot to fix the WiFi issue, and let it restore almost all apps (since it synced when it corrupted applications on the dirty flash, I had to go back and install those).

Finally got my accounts all set up again, and it seems to be running much smoother.  I haven't applied the Torrid Teal theme I was using again yet, nor have I gone through a full reboot yet.

One issue to note:

During device set up, please fix it so you can read your text message.  With dual verification on, it's impossible to do a set up.  I don't know why I can't see it when it sends the text message to my phone during setup.

I'm sorry to hear it messed you up so bad. There was a complete revamp of the theme chooser. I'll be sure to include a warning the next time a component is revamped.

This rom is fantastic so far! Smooth as butter and great on battery. Only complaint is that I can't get the flashlight to work on the lockscreen when longpressing the center button. Is there a trick or fix to this? Thanks for all your hard work and to the community for answers. Any help is appreciated

I'll have to look at the buttons issue. I typically use a quick toggle to turn on torch.

• lifeontheedge324 likes this

#305 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'm sorry to hear it messed you up so bad. There was a complete revamp of the theme chooser. I'll be sure to include a warning the next time a component is revamped.

No worries BigJ - I'm actually more curious about why applications (not stock or system) suddenly were deleted.  An example is camera program Vignette or messaging application Sliding Messaging.  Both were deleted when I dirty flashed for some reason, amongst others.  I've never ever heard of that behavior before.

#306 ktraub

ktraub

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSo. Maryland

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:30 AM

Hi All,

Love this ROM. Really Smooth!

Has anyone noticed that the Bluetooth Stack doesn't send Title, Artist, & Album info to external Bluetooth devices like car stereos, etc?

I'm using PowerAmp and it sends that data to my Car's head unit running under stock and stock based Android 4.1.2, but running the 6/5/13 version of this ROM, I get music and phone calls, but no track info through Bluetooth. I've seen this with 2 different cars now.

Is this a 'Buttered-aokp' issue or Android 4.2.2?

-Kev

#307 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hi All,

Has anyone noticed that the Bluetooth Stack doesn't send Title, Artist, & Album info to external Bluetooth devices like car stereos, etc?

I'm using PowerAmp and it sends that data to my Car's head unit running under stock and stock based Android 4.1.2, but running the 6/5/13 version of this ROM, I get music and phone calls, but no track info through Bluetooth. I've seen this with 2 different cars now.

-Kev

I've noticed this same issue as well.  Not sure if it is an AOKP thing (which is what you mean by 4.2.2 I hope - Stock it works) or if it is ROM specific.

I haven't checked the most recent build to really know yet.

#308 blankdep

blankdep

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hi All,

-Kev

I had this same experience on CM10.1 and AOKP.  I just recently got a Galaxy Nexus to play around with on the side and tested this out.  It is running 4.2.2 official from Google, and it performs that same way.  Music/phone calls work, but no music track info is sent to the car stereo.  Doesn't really answer whether it's a feature or a bug, but it's the same on the official Android 4.2.2 that is on the Nexus.

• BigJArm likes this

#309 atlbravesfalcs7

atlbravesfalcs7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

just installed this today. working great so far, no issues.

Edit: actually, I just realized my phones GPS isn't working at all with this ROM. Is that normal, or is there a fix or something?

Seems like another fix permissions got it working again. Strange. But I can't get MMS and GPS to both work on the same boot. Seems like its one or the other.

#310 Yandroid

Yandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

heyo! this is nearly perfect. seriously, when i switch between stock, stock roms, and this, it's noticeably wayy better.

the ONLY problem i'm having is that it randomly freezes weirdly: the backlight turns on, but the screen won't, and it won't reboot unless i boot into a different slot and THEN boot this one. 

any ideas? thanks for all the hard work!!

#311 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

Just got this and love it...my only problem that I found so far is my tethering isn't working...any word on if a need a different app or if there is an issue inside the rom?

#312 dxearner

dxearner

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

heyo! this is nearly perfect. seriously, when i switch between stock, stock roms, and this, it's noticeably wayy better.

the ONLY problem i'm having is that it randomly freezes weirdly: the backlight turns on, but the screen won't, and it won't reboot unless i boot into a different slot and THEN boot this one.

Was having the same issue. I disabled crt animation in rom setting, and has not returned I think it is a combination of this and CPU minimum for some devices is causing wake issues, but crt animation is not important enough for me to switch for the many other great thinks about this rom.
  • Yandroid likes this

#313 PuttsMoBilesiCit

PuttsMoBilesiCit

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Twitter:puttsmobiles

Posted 16 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

Just bought a Razr Maxx, used the Nexus previous to this. I can say this phone rocks in all aspects compaired to the Nexus.

Only problems, 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

<- on launch auto crashes no matter what I do. Any insite?

Also, Love the rom. Just wondering if the bluetooth stack will ever be updated that so I can see the song names on my radio, this is a huge thing for me as seeing that I drive 30+ hours a week for a living.

Bottom line, Love this rom, just a few issues.

I installed goomanager, will I get update notifications when a new release is posted?

EDIT: I feel stupid, a restart after the initial install fixed the crashing issue! Just now a bluetooth update and the rom is everything I have ever dreamed of :D

#314 ktraub

ktraub

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSo. Maryland

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

I had this same experience on CM10.1 and AOKP.  I just recently got a Galaxy Nexus to play around with on the side and tested this out.  It is running 4.2.2 official from Google, and it performs that same way.  Music/phone calls work, but no music track info is sent to the car stereo.  Doesn't really answer whether it's a feature or a bug, but it's the same on the official Android 4.2.2 that is on the Nexus.

Based on what Blankdep said above, it is a Google issue, not this ROM so we'll have to wait for Google.

I'm in the same boat.

Sorry.

#315 snort

snort

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

I had an odd issue this morning, which may be related to the CRT animation that people described above, so I disabled CRT animation to see if that will help.

Anyway, my alarm (from doubletwist) was set to go off this morning, and it went off on time, with no sound, so I didn't hear it. Later (before my phone rebooted), I tried plugging in my speaker cable, and Poweramp started playing, but no sound came out. I tried hitting pause or skipping to another song, but the screen was unresponsive, and went blank after a minute. Then about a minute later, the phone rebooted. All this happened about 12 hours after I flashed the June 5th update. After the reboot, sound worked again.

When I did the flash last night, I didn't do a cache wipe, I only flashed the zip and the gapps zip.

#316 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Very happy with this ROM!  Thanks BigJArm!   I was on the previous release and everything went south.  Not sure what triggered it but I couldn't boot at all.  Mounted via safestrap and copied over 6/5.  Wiped everything including slot and seem to be back in business.  My only issues are AOKP-based so not even worth mentioning.

Thanks again!

• BigJArm likes this

#317 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

There is a lock and unlock issue that has been addressed. It will be included in the next build. 

Just got this and love it...my only problem that I found so far is my tethering isn't working...any word on if a need a different app or if there is an issue inside the rom?

Tethering works fine with the built in app. You may need to boot into recover and fix permissions. 

I'm glad to hear everyone is enjoying the ROM. 

#318 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

There is a lock and unlock issue that has been addressed. It will be included in the next build. 

Good to know - wasn't sure if this was a RAM related issue still.

I'm curious how much RAM people are typically using.  I seem to hover at 640mb used with no recent apps after a kill all.

#319 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

Good to know - wasn't sure if this was a RAM related issue still.

I'm curious how much RAM people are typically using.  I seem to hover at 640mb used with no recent apps after a kill all.

Same. :/

-Flash now, ask questions later.
Posted Image

#320 littlebigarm

littlebigarm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

sweet...ill give that a try. its all free though right?

• slvrbul likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)