#161 sativaman

sativaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Now I have to remove CM10 because it's in slot 1.  fantastic

So what... I did and haven't looked back. The only thing CM is trying to do is create an identical ROM for every android device possible. That's it.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#162 BigJArm

BigJArm

• Developer
  • 212 posts
  • LocationIdaho
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR; Nexus 10

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

I'm having issues on Verizon's network with network connection as well. If I run stock or flash a cm10 rom the network works seamlessly. In the past I tried an aokp and had issues with laggy network connections, mms coming in late, things like that. When I flashed this today I had forgotten why I didn't use this rom and now I remember why. The rom itself is 10x better as far as customization and features but all of that means nothing when compared to a normal working network. I tried changing the radio settings to see if any specific one would optimize the connection and nothing seems to be anything close to just using stock/cm10 based roms. If anyone has a fix for this I would gladly like to use this rom. 

Strange. Same radios and kernel as cm10. I'm testing a network improvement now. Hopefully it works.

• crookedeyebob likes this

#163 Jujube

Jujube

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for all the hard work.. dirty flashed to new release... and will let you know if the frequent reboot problem is gone
Noticed fast charge toggle isn't working... is it just me?  I really love the customizing you can do, got to say this is best i have used since i had smart phone 

#164 Yandroid

Yandroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

Strange. Same radios and kernel as cm10. I'm testing a network improvement now. Hopefully it works.

I've had the same connectivity issues with cm10 and aokp, but i love aokp's customization so i'm sticking with it. it's an amazing ROM aside from the data spottiness. thanks for the hard work and good luck with the data.

#165 bigcountry

bigcountry

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:06 AM

Update on my issue. I re-downloaded both slim gapps and the new build. No FC's thus far. Maybe I'm dumb lol

#166 caniphilyouup

caniphilyouup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Are any of you guys having a problem with phone not recognizing the external SD?

#167 caniphilyouup

caniphilyouup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Camera auto closes + pictures on card won't show up in quickpic until select show hidden

#168 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

I'm now having a couple issues:

Extreme battery drain. Down 70% in less than 4 hours on a Razr Maxx with just some texting and maybe 30 minutes of Audio streaming over Wifi. :(

Cut outs in audio when using "Google Play Music" and/or "Pandora" - this over wifi home connection which is solid.

#169 Completelylost

Completelylost

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:54 AM

That actually was what I was afraid of. I didn't expect there to be any unnecessary changes to the radio but for some reason it goes completely haywire on aokp roms. I'm definitely all for finding out what's causing it, or maybe I'm just unlucky I'm one of the few encountering this issue, but I'll keep a close eye out for a fix. If there's anything I can do to figure out what's wrong let me know.I'll be keeping aokp on slot 1 for the time being just in case a fix does come out.

#170 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Are any of you guys having a problem with phone not recognizing the external SD?

Camera auto closes + pictures on card won't show up in quickpic until select show hidden

Move all your pictures to your pc and delete them from SD card and then delete the DCIM folder.Reopen camera and take a photo. Then move pictures back to SD card in DCIM folder.

Flash now, ask questions later.
Posted Image

#171 caniphilyouup

caniphilyouup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Ty

#172 extirpate

extirpate

Just flash it..

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca
  • Current Device(s):Dr. Device

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Ty

NP.. Did it work?

-Flash now, ask questions later.
Posted Image

#173 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'm now having a couple issues:

Extreme battery drain. Down 70% in less than 4 hours on a Razr Maxx with just some texting and maybe 30 minutes of Audio streaming over Wifi. :(

Cut outs in audio when using "Google Play Music" and/or "Pandora" - this over wifi home connection which is solid.

I had the same issue. Are you restoring apps and data? That's usually the cause of this. I restore data for key apps only not every app. Also flashing over an old build can cause. Factory reset your phone and it should be good. I prefer wiping system and reflashing.
  • extirpate likes this

#174 euphoric85

euphoric85

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

I'm not sure that this is really an issue, but the quick toggle for the signal meter and the roaming banner, which would both typically say "Verizon Wireless" both say "No Service." It's weird because I actually do have service- calls, text, mms, data all work fine.  It just doesn't seem to recognize the carrier.  It very well could be just me, as I'm using Page Plus, but most ROMs I use do still say Verizon

#175 lazer

lazer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 287 posts
  • LocationWestern PA

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

I had the same issue. Are you restoring apps and data? That's usually the cause of this. I restore data for key apps only not every app. Also flashing over an old build can cause. Factory reset your phone and it should be good. I prefer wiping system and reflashing.

Yea, I did use TIBU to restore both Apps & Data. No system of course but still you could be onto something. Guess I will start over when time permits. :-/

Thanks for the heads up! Grrrr. I hate setting my stuff all back up from scratch though :o

#176 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:39 AM

The only problem I am having is when I get everything flashed ( FDR,and all wipes) it runs good for a day or so the it reboots and won't come back on? I do the three button to get back in to safe strap and wipe and still won't come back on! Then I have to restore a different backup. Any suggestions???<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#177 sativaman

sativaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

Instead of wiping and reinstalling, try "fix permissions" next time. Sometimes they get corrupted and it won't boot.<br /><br />Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#178 lthelwpn

lthelwpn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

Sorry, when I go back in that's what I do is fix permissions. It gives me a vibrate sound like its booting up and nothing, not even the boot animation.<br /><br />Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#179 caniphilyouup

caniphilyouup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

It worked. Only problem I have now is that battery drains soooo fast. Doesn't charge while plugged in and using. Only charges when off or not touching it over night

#180 MyStro023

MyStro023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Twitter:mystropro

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

Running for a day and no major issues - heavy use so I wont hold the battery life for at least a few more days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users