Photo

Official Get .84/.85 Razrs Back On Path Thread (Updated 5/23/12)

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#1 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

Ok, So if you're on system version 6.14.84.XT912 or 6.15.85.XT912 then you know as well as the rest of us that we are all currently STUCK HERE.
If you are NOT on that system, DO NOT go onto it unless you feel like joining the party.

Being that there's information about what people have tried or haven't tried spread all over this forum (and many others) I felt it would be prudent to open a topic to try and get all our heads together and attack this situation as a group.

I know there are some people who were successful in getting RSD to work and get themselves back on path. Perhaps we should find out what makes those people unique?

What methods have you folks tried?

What are our ideas?

Not that I'm counting on Moto or Big Red to give us ICS officially any time soon, I would still like to know that if I wanted to, I could still flash back.

I know a lot of people have written off the idea that there's a solution and say the only way to restore these phones is with the official fasboot files (which we may never obtain) so we gotta see what we can do together! Folks are getting complacent and building ROMS and deodexing this leak as if it's what we're all stuck with, and I refuse to admit defeat.

Let's beat Moto, people!! How's it gonna be done?

Update: 5/23/12
Please see 2nd post for information on how to get off this system version. No, it will not bring you back to path, but it will help move you forward to a new system version. Thanks to all involved in that, it's not my work that has made it possible.

With that being said, let's not forget the main purpose of this thread. To get back on the official path.

• mugsy77 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

Special Thanks to Mattlgroff and everyone else involved. It appears there is now a way to GET OFF .84/.85 and at least move onto the latest ICS version which MAY actually end up being the official build from Moto. Please see this thread

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I had no hand in this, I am just trying to spread the word. Please thank those involved.

Attached Files

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#3 spollock

spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:@247HoldEm
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

I'm on board with this. I have not tried to fastboot back at all (so I don't know if my device would brick or not) - I so want to be able to get back on path though.
Thanks for creating the thread. I am will to try a few things if needed to help find a fix.
-Coming to you LIVE! from the 206th floor of the famous Hotel California!

#4 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:15 AM

Nice, the more people on board the better chance we have of figuring out what to do

#5 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:50 AM

I know this is GSM but is there any chance this method could help us here??

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#6 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

I tried to Fastboot back yesterday, and I have a friend who gets Razrs shipped to him to refurbish for a company that will remain nameless. He has received over 50 phones that were softbricked on .84, and has tried to Fastboot back on them. None of those phones have successfully returned to stock. Based on this, I am fairly certain that NO one has successfully rolled back off this upgrade unless they have an unlocked bootloader.

#7 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

I tried to Fastboot back yesterday, and I have a friend who gets Razrs shipped to him to refurbish for a company that will remain nameless. He has received over 50 phones that were softbricked on .84, and has tried to Fastboot back on them. None of those phones have successfully returned to stock. Based on this, I am fairly certain that NO one has successfully rolled back off this upgrade unless they have an unlocked bootloader.

I have read a number of posts of people who claimed they were able to do it. Perhaps one of them will contribute

#8 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:00 AM

Things I've tried with failed results:
1. rsd back to 181
2. Matt's utility
3. Using the stock recovery to side load an earlier version
4. Upgrade from 84 to 85 using all of the above

#9 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

havent tried, but if you rename this file from what your coming from, couldnt you rename .181 to like 6.14.84/85? and that would upgrade to an earlier version? or pull the file from the .apk we dont speak of? im not on that leak so i cant try any of these.
a what? an android? whats that?

#10 Guest_droidpcguru_*

Guest_droidpcguru_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

Well as an example of another device and the "flash back to GB" idea..

I have an Acer A500 Tablet. Once it has been flashed to an ICS bootloader, there is NO going back, without unlocking the bootloader( not possible yet on razr but is on the A500) and fastbooting the complete Honeycomb set.

The way I see it, there will be no going back without either unlocking the razr bootloader or bypassing it and porting a GB kernal to work with the ICS bootloader.. along with porting the fastboot sequence as such.

I'm still on .75 for these reasons. I'd like to see a solution that shows that .84- up leaks will not break the path up before I try any of them.. but unless a miracle happens I'm thinking fastboot files for higher builds are the only answer.

#11 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:25 AM

I have read a number of posts of people who claimed they were able to do it. Perhaps one of them will contribute

I've seen a few, but no one has posted steps, and most of them were on other forums and were a person making a single post on an account that was brand new.

#12 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

havent tried, but if you rename this file from what your coming from, couldnt you rename .181 to like 6.14.84/85? and that would upgrade to an earlier version? or pull the file from the .apk we dont speak of? im not on that leak so i cant try any of these.

This alone would not be enough. The install script will check against existing system. Which of course we would fail. BUT along those lines, if we were able to spoof the files / props necessary we might be able to fool the update to install. Of course the difficulty is that we could have potentially incompatible systems. Most likely it would overwrite a lot instead of creating additional files but I'm not sure. We would need to look at the script.

Another alternative may be to build a cwm flashable zip/ ROM (odex, bone stock) on the OTA when it comes out. If the latest kernel revision is the same on the OTA (it is the same for 84/85 afaik) we would be golden.

We would still need a fastboot file compatible with the new partition tables to have a complete safety net but that would certainly be a step in the right direction.

[ BEWARE :: n00bs are afoot ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#13 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

I know this is GSM but is there any chance this method could help us here??

I am thinking this may be the way as well. One of us non bricked folks could send our p18 file to one of the stuck ones. Have them Brutal force 181. Boot via Bp tools, root, install our working p18, reflash 181 again, then done.

LOL has anyone tried booting 181 after the brute force method in the unbrick method?

X
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#14 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

I am thinking this may be the way as well. One of us non bricked folks could send our p18 file to one of the stuck ones. Have them Brutal force 181. Boot via Bp tools, root, install our working p18, reflash 181 again, then done.

LOL has anyone tried booting 181 after the brute force method in the unbrick method?

X

I got as far as the Droid eye in the boot animation, then it hangs there

#15 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

I got as far as the Droid eye in the boot animation, then it hangs there

What about booting via HW Diag/Bp Boot?

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads

#16 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

What about booting via HW Diag/Bp Boot?

X

Tried that as well. Then i wiped data/cache and flashed 181 again and still wouldn't boot past the eye animation

#17 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Tried that as well. Then i wiped data/cache and flashed 181 again and still wouldn't boot past the eye animation

I wonder if we have a way to push the file on from pc when it is in that mode.

X

#18 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:15 AM

I wonder if we have a way to push the file on from pc when it is in that mode.

X

Backup assistant would pop up on the Web when connected via USB so there is some connectivity.

#19 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

Does ADB work?

#20 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Does ADB work?

Anybody?

X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users