Photo

Official Get .84/.85 Razrs Back On Path Thread (Updated 5/23/12)

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#21 bokajay

bokajay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:07 AM

I remember there used to be leaked flashable .zips for other Moto devices that would downgrade leaked SOAK builds. So basically somewhere out there (on a [certain desert app] server) maybe there are two files named: Blur_Version.6.14.84.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip and Blur_Version.6.14.85.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip ??

#22 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:08 AM

I remember there used to be leaked flashable .zips for other Moto devices that would downgrade leaked SOAK builds. So basically somewhere out there (on a [certain desert app] server) maybe there are two files named: Blur_Version.6.12.84.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip and Blur_Version.6.12.85.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip ??

6.14.xx :)

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#23 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

I tested on 2 razrs just used RSD 748 when i tried it.. one failed and one worked used the exact same process .. however i tried to repeat this SAME EXACT PROCESS.. and it failed the 2nd time.. so im guessing its just a variable chance that causes it to succeed but not one you the user has control over. Trust me when i say this.. DEVS ARE WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF TRYING TO FIX THIS..
your best bet it to be patient and not try too many things.. once we have a method it may or may not work for everyone due to what you try.. so please for the love of your beautiful device.. dont go insane with it..
I know how frustrating it must be being stuck but at least its a working system.
  • mugsy77 likes this
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#24 bokajay

bokajay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

6.14.xx :)

X

fixed :)

#25 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

I was about to pull the trigger on a set of Razr's with broken glass on Ebay and use them to guinea pig and see if i can find a way off this. I wish i had more time to read up on android stuff because given some of the other stupid things i've figured out in the world of IT (in my day to day job) i have little doubt that I could eventually find a solution.

#26 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Question, the part of the fastboot file that freaks out. What happens if you replace the .bin file with a working one from .75 or .181 and bring the md5 with it for the xml file? Question 2: do Nandroid back ups benefit anything? Question 3. I have read time and time again that when people were on the .75 leak and they would RSD back to .744 that their kernel # would change to what it was on GB. But me, every time I went from .75 to .744, my kernel version would stay the same. Why is that?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#27 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

Back in the day, I mentioned that I had this issue going on in this post

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Other people said when they reflashed .744 or .173 that their kernel changed back to 2.6.35.7-g6133522 mqr374@nj05lnxdroid05 #2 but for me, I ALWAYS stayed on 3.0.8-g6f89f34hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid54 #1. Since I went to .75, I never ever ever had my GB kernel version back. And I don't know why. My phone would boot up and run perfect as well. The current kernel version is similar to .75 an it's 3.0.8-gc895fbehudsoncm@il93lnxdroid52 #1.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#28 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

I've seen a few, but no one has posted steps, and most of them were on other forums and were a person making a single post on an account that was brand new.

These are some posts of people who were able to restore back from .84/.85. The last one includes Step by Steps

#29 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

Opps, last thing, I promise. Does anyone know how they did it with the Bionic when this happened to them? And what they did to fix it? I remember the Path Fixer which manually flashed the fastboot files but ignored the cdt.bin or somehow repaired it an they were able to restore their Bionics

See here

#30 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

P3Droid has looked at this already, but I don't think he found anything helpful yet.

#31 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

These are some posts of people who were able to restore back from .84/.85. The last one includes Step by Steps

I looked through these posts including the post from the guy who rolled back to .75. He may have successfully gotten himself back to .75 on the phone (which i find unlikely) but it doesn't fix the fact that the CDT is still wrong (which is why i doubt it worked) and he didn't fastboot back successfully.

I'm not sure that we are going to find a way out of this one without someone knuckling down and buying some phones to guinea pig this on. I may yet do that and see what I can come up with,

#32 xiinator

xiinator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:42 PM

Looks to me that, while able to technically flash back to .75, they didn't really resolve the bootloader, thus they were still stuck, just in a different version.
I'm just going to wait for a sure and definitive solution. Thank goodness my phone is at least working with no issues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#33 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

Maybe it has to be something with .181. You can roll back from .75 which people were on .173 and you can't roll back from .84/.85 and they came from .181

#34 bryan77

bryan77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Can someone explain what is in the cdt.bin and why it hangs? Does it contain the bootloader? If not which .bin or .img file does? And , could it be the simple fact that it can be upgraded but not downgraded? If that is the case, can the older bootloader be modified with a build number that is newer or equal to the .84/.85 bootloader? Just thinking out loud...

#35 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

I remember there used to be leaked flashable .zips for other Moto devices that would downgrade leaked SOAK builds. So basically somewhere out there (on a [certain desert app] server) maybe there are two files named: Blur_Version.6.14.84.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip and Blur_Version.6.14.85.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip ??

I wondered about this too. What do they do for the soak testers do if a flasb goes wrong or to keep them ON path. Hrmmmmm

#36 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

I wondered about this too. What do they do for the soak testers do if a flasb goes wrong or to keep them ON path. Hrmmmmm

Give them a new phone? I'm pretty sure they don't test it out on hundreds of thousands of devices so they can afford to just give them a new one then just fix the one they send in.

#37 orcsbane13

orcsbane13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

I'm sure the people testing these roms are using devices with unlocked bootloaders so they can restore out of any bad update. Have to remember, these leaks were never supposed to be installed by anyone except select Motorola testers.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

#38 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:14 AM

If Moto had testers with a bootloader unlock tool, that tool would have most definitely been leaked...I strongly believe that if there's a group of people who aren't moto employees just regular general public testers, somewhere in there would be a mole who would leak the tool.

#39 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

Can someone explain what is in the cdt.bin and why it hangs? Does it contain the bootloader? If not which .bin or .img file does? And , could it be the simple fact that it can be upgraded but not downgraded? If that is the case, can the older bootloader be modified with a build number that is newer or equal to the .84/.85 bootloader? Just thinking out loud...

I also would like to know if anyone actually knows what the cdt.bin file is, what it does? Why can't it be replaced when manually flashing a system version? And if the bootloader is the problem, where does it get flashed? Can it be examined? What's the differences on a code level? This stuff is somewhat over my head as I do not know how to open a bin file and examine it.

#40 spollock

spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:@247HoldEm
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

I have received a phone via eBay that is on .173 still. It is for my wife. Is there anything useful I can extract from it to help us? It is wanting to update to .181 but I have not accepted it yet.

Cheers
-Coming to you LIVE! from the 206th floor of the famous Hotel California!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users