Photo

Official Get .84/.85 Razrs Back On Path Thread (Updated 5/23/12)

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#41 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

This may our may not be useful. It's a tool to fix the cdt file. I'll check it out further when i get home.

It's for the bionic but may be something that can be modded to work with the RAZR.

Here's the link:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Krazr likes this

#42 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

Its been tried.

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#43 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

How did they make the Bionic Path Saver work? From what I thought, the bionic had the same problem with the cdt.bin file and the devs created a tool that flashed the old system file with a modified cdt.bin. Why can't something similar be done here?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#44 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

How did they make the Bionic Path Saver work? From what I thought, the bionic had the same problem with the cdt.bin file and the devs created a tool that flashed the old system file with a modified cdt.bin. Why can't something similar be done here?

They most likely are trying that but bionic and razr arr different soo...may take awhile.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#45 ronschuck

ronschuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationTAMPA FLORIDA

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

used rsd lite and flashed _VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml

#46 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

And?

#47 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

go on

Sent from the bottom of my fart

#48 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:44 PM

go on

Lol.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#49 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Jk. Lol
Posted Image

#50 jamminjon82

jamminjon82

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Twitter:@jamminjon82
  • LocationGloucester, VA
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, Moto X, Kindle Fire 2,Razr M, Nexus 7, Acer A100

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:58 PM

Jk. Lol

lol

#51 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:03 PM

I couldn't help myself. :)
Posted Image

#52 Raw Dodge

Raw Dodge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

I tried to Fastboot back yesterday, and I have a friend who gets Razrs shipped to him to refurbish for a company that will remain nameless. He has received over 50 phones that were softbricked on .84, and has tried to Fastboot back on them. None of those phones have successfully returned to stock. Based on this, I am fairly certain that NO one has successfully rolled back off this upgrade unless they have an unlocked bootloader.

How sad is that...this is why manufacturers and carriers hate us...50 phones...that's pathetic that people are willing to brick but not patient enough to wait out the solution which only took a day or 2to get bricked phones working...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#53 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

How sad is that...this is why manufacturers and carriers hate us...50 phones...that's pathetic that people are willing to brick but not patient enough to wait out the solution which only took a day or 2to get bricked phones working...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I don't think anyone was really hell bent on bricking their device. It's true that a lot of people flashed the leaks to their only device. (Which should never be done) As far as willing to brick..... naaa. Also, Moto/Vz do not hate us. If they did, I don't think we would see these leaks. People read that it was safe, flashed, tried to revert back and bricked. If they so choose to lie, cheat, steal. Whatever people want to call it, to get a replacement, well, that's their choice.
Posted Image

#54 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:41 PM

What's kinda sad is, the fact that sooo many people trusted what they read here, and it bricked their phones. Then, when they mention anything about getting it replaced, they get burned at the stake by some of the very same people that helped cause it to begin with.
Posted Image

#55 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Back on topic.... Still waiting on this one! Lol :)
Posted Image

#56 ncwildcat

ncwildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

What's kinda sad is, the fact that sooo many people trusted what they read here, and it bricked their phones. Then, when they mention anything about getting it replaced, they get burned at the stake by some of the very same people that helped cause it to begin with.

What did you do to rsd successfully the first day? Did you do anything different?

#57 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

It is what it is.

I'm ready to move on and get this thing to either fastboot back to 181 or port aokp to get more out of the leak.

Both to me will be challenging.

#58 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:57 PM

I love flashing stuff on my razr....ive been doing this kind of stuff since the original razr was out....but if i had known about no going back,i never would have flashed 84....but its still my responsibility......so lets get our phones back on track!! Any brainstorming idea could work!
Has anyone tried swapping cdt files and md5 sums from the leak into a gb fastboot file?
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#59 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

What did you do to rsd successfully the first day? Did you do anything different?

I couldn't tell you what happened. The only thing I can say about that is, the first time I flashed .84, I borked root. I went straight to RSD and fastbooted back to .748 and it took. I got everything straight, went back to .84, no problem. Then I read that people we're having trouble, so I tried again, for the sake of help, and bricked. Don't know why, but it worked one time and that was it.
Posted Image

#60 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

It is what it is.

I'm ready to move on and get this thing to either fastboot back to 181 or port aokp to get more out of the leak.

Both to me will be challenging.

That my friend, Is the truth.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users