Photo

Official Get .84/.85 Razrs Back On Path Thread (Updated 5/23/12)

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#81 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

I just remembered that when you use RSD or Matt's utility, you are in AP Fastboot Mode anyways, so booting into the phone's OS is not essential. So, if you could go into CWM recovery, do a Factory Reset, format the SYSTEM partition, turn the device off, and get into AP Fastboot mode, and attempt the restore to stock process. Maybe that could work?

The signed partitions preventing the flash are not in the/system directory. So wiping your system shouldn't do anything.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#82 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:47 AM

Where are the signed partitions?
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#83 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

Tried to PM mods with this, but most couldn't recieve PMs so I figured I would post. Found this chinese site that says they can go back to 81

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Also this seems interesting. Says there is some sort of patch for .84 Hopefully someone can read chinese better than google translate.

#84 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

Where are the signed partitions?

Sorry as I said earlier, I know not much of partitions and such. I do know a little however.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#85 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Tried to PM mods with this, but most couldn't recieve PMs so I figured I would post. Found this chinese site that says they can go back to 81

Also this seems interesting. Says there is some sort of patch for .84 Hopefully someone can read chinese better than google translate.

Haha I might try running over to the computer science department of my university....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

#86 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

If I am not mistaken partitions are in /dev/block they are random names. I found the one that hosted the boot.img so I could mode it. Was able to extract the 84 kernel from it so yeah, they are located there. Nothing you can do about it though, won't let you flash it back since it is signed. I would not suggest deleting it.

If you use adb you can use cat /dev/partition or partitions can't remember which and It will list the files and the names of the partitions.

#87 spollock

spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:@247HoldEm
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

The links from Future Bear are promising!

ICS4.0.3

This article is only suitable for relatively familiar and appropriate to the command of LINUX friends.

This method is risky Brush friends do not understand please do not try unless you have the money bought new, the owner must understand that, brush the bad machine irresponsible.

Preparatory work:

1, VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-167_Desire HD-14_M3-8_CFC_1FF_01.zip the end of the package.

2, a 4G SD CARD.

3, the VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-167_Desire HD-14_M3-8_CFC_1FF_01 the file completely extracted to the SD (external card), and changed and changed its name to a (shorter) in order to the following input.

4 b used as a backup file (external card) Create a directory in SDCARD

5, Adb software

6, RSDLite 5.7

7, unplug your SIM card to prevent the middle of a call comes in to cause interference.

8 installation MotoCast.

Method of introduction:

The: ICS4.0.3ROOT, open the USB debugging permission to install an unknown source, install MotoCast.

ROOT of the method in

2: Open a CMD at run into the ADB directory run the USB mode switch to MTP mode

adb shell.

3: obtain permission

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ su

4: 4-5 methods of the following can be skipped, but for safety, red Do not skip the purpose of the first file system backup, and compared under WINDOWS.

(Dd command introduced: dd = Desk Dump the meaning of the partition can be the form of a binary word for word copy from the if (Input File) to of (OutPutFile) MOTO Bootloader Brush first cdt.bin devtree.bin as boot.img,, recovery.img version check, and therefore can not downgrade the end of the version of the brush into, we need to skip the check, so use the dd command.)

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p1 of = / sdcard-ext/b/mbmloader.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p2 of = / sdcard-ext/b/mbm.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p3 of = / sdcard-ext/b/mbmbackup.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p4 of = / sdcard-ext/b/ebr.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p5 of = / sdcard-ext/b/bploader.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p6 of = / sdcard-ext/b/cdt.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p7 of = / sdcard-ext/b/pds.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p8 of = / sdcard-ext/b/utags.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p9 of = / sdcard-ext/b/logo.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p10 of = / sdcard-ext/b/sp.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p11 of = / sdcard-ext/b/devtree.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p12 of = / sdcard-ext/b/devtree_backup.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p13 of = / sdcard-ext/b/bpsw.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p14 of = / sdcard-ext/b/boot.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p15 of = / sdcard-ext/b/recovery.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p16 of = / sdcard-ext/b/cdrom.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p17 of = / sdcard-ext/b/misc.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p18 of = / sdcard-ext/b/cid.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p19 of = / sdcard-ext/b/kpanic.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p20 of = / sdcard-ext/b/system.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p21 of = / sdcard-ext/b/cache.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p22 of = / sdcard-ext/b/preinstall.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p23 of = / sdcard-ext/b/webtop.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p24 of = / sdcard-ext/b/userdata.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p25 of = / sdcard-ext/b/emstorage.bin

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / dev/block/mmcblk1p26 of = / sdcard-ext/b/sgpt.bin

5: external SD card of the phone connected to the computer, copied to the computer catalog b, you can use UltraEdit-32, open b directory cdt.bin and the official ICS4.0.3 Brush package cdt.bin_16G file two file, and then use File-> The Compare Files ..., open the Binary mode, contrast, contrast b directory cdt.bin_16G cdt.bin and the official ICS4.0.3 Brush package in the file, the result is exactly the same.

package devtree.bin official ICS4.0.3 Brush devtree.bin is exactly the same

6, formally Brush recovery, the following need to be careful operations (strictly prohibited in the first brush a few in the RSD file can not brush, brush machine shutdown, restart, to ensure that the power switch to USB mode to MTP mode)

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / sdcard-ext/a/cdt.bin of = / dev/block/mmcblk1p6

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / sdcard-ext/a/device_tree.bin of = / dev/block/mmcblk1p11

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / sdcard-ext/a/boot.img of = / dev/block/mmcblk1p14

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / sdcard-ext/a/recovery.img of = / dev/block/mmcblk1p15

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / sdcard-ext/a/cdrom of = / dev/block/mmcblk1p16

reboot

Others can not brush, brush with RSD

Note: You need no errors, if there is an error, please immediately restore is to restore the old brush off versions of the following methods, without having to restore not brush, change the directory to b, recovery methods:

The above command is successful, the following skip Do not brush.

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / sdcard-ext/b/cdt.bin of = / dev/block/mmcblk1p6

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / sdcard-ext/b/devtree.bin of = / dev/block/mmcblk1p11

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / sdcard-ext/b/boot.bin of = / dev/block/mmcblk1p14

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / sdcard-ext/b/recovery.bin of = / dev/block/mmcblk1p15

root @ cdma_spyder :/ $ dd if = / sdcard-ext/b/cdrom.bin of = / dev/block/mmcblk1p16

At this point, can not be switched, you need to use RSD Lite will be the end of the package

VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-167_Desire HD-14_M3-8_CFC_1FF_01 heavy brush again.

Ha ha, you have successfully restored to 2.3.6 181, quick to try to recover your 3G.

The failure of a friend, please inform failure prompted me whatever help you.

-Coming to you LIVE! from the 206th floor of the famous Hotel California!

#88 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

The links from Future Bear are promising!

We definitely need someone who speaks and reads/writes fluent chinese to translate this, lol.

#89 spollock

spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

We definitely need someone who speaks and reads/writes fluent chinese to translate this, lol.

What part of "brush the bad machine irresponsible." don't you understand! lol :P

#90 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

I think Spollock alright got it with the translator. In every flashing issue I have ever had, it has always been the Chinese to get me out of it. Maybe this is the case.

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#91 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

What part of "brush the bad machine irresponsible." don't you understand! lol :P

Yeah, brush = flash to them :)

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads

#92 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

do we know if anyone has tried this on a CDMA Razr, if that command does what this guy says it does and we do ALL the right partitions, it should binary overwrite what is in there currently (aka old CDT ETC gets forced over what we got in this leak) -- i haven't gotten either of the two phones that I ordered that have cracked glass -- when i do one of them is going to guinea pig on this if someone else hasn't tried it yet.

#93 spollock

spollock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

i haven't gotten either of the two phones that I ordered that have cracked glass --

Is that YOU bidding against me on those! I picked up a couple too. Worst case- rip the board out and put it in my nice new shiny casing...

#94 trekie4ever

trekie4ever

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

I'd honestly be willing to try with the translation posted if someone experienced and well versed worked with me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

#95 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

We have different /dev/blocks. Their commands will not work. And if u read their whole thread, u will know they failed as well. They have to relash .84 to unbrick just like we did, but I guess they have issues with 3G so that is why they're mostly upset.

X

#96 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

We have different /dev/blocks. Their commands will not work. And if u read their whole thread, u will know they failed as well. They have to relash .84 to unbrick just like we did, but I guess they have issues with 3G so that is why they're mostly upset.

X

Yes maybe they failed but again there are chinese n00bs just like US so they could have just messed up as those instructions seem very complicated. Although maybe they didn't get all of the signed partions. Maybe since we also have the 16G and 8G there are more partitons that were flashed.

#97 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

We can find the corresponding blocks though and just do what they say do. At the end is says

Ha ha, you have successfully restored to 2.3.6 181, quick to try to recover your 3G.

So I am not sure if they successfully restored, or if they failed. Google translate is inept! I am guessing they failed, but you never know. I really want to know what the patch is for on the other thread.

#98 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:29 PM

Yes maybe they failed but again there are chinese n00bs just like US so they could have just messed up as those instructions seem very complicated. Although maybe they didn't get all of the signed partions. Maybe since we also have the 16G and 8G there are more partitons that were flashed.

16g and 8g are different CDT.Bin files and depending on what type of phone you have the corresponding one gets renamed and flashed as CDT.Bin when your system updates.
I suggest you folks open up the different OTA files and look through the updater scripts. You will have a greater understanding of things, and we wont be waisting posts on silly stuff. I get an email update everytime someone writes something on these forums...

And I get a lot of junk email. :)

X

#99 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

We can find the corresponding blocks though and just do what they say do. At the end is says

So I am not sure if they successfully restored, or if they failed. Google translate is inept! I am guessing they failed, but you never know. I really want to know what the patch is for on the other thread.

Lol I know.

Edit: Okay so I just kinda scanned through it but I beieve, this is it. I think that they just went through what we went through a few weeks ago. Im pretty sure they just got the. 84 leak but for china and now they can not flash back to stock gb like how we can't lololol. I thought china is always ahead of us? ;) also I think that the thread with the fix is their "solution". Idk though as I do not know chinese.

#100 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, STHeiTi, simsun, sans-serif, 宋体]

Posted Image 49%

G coins 112 Model

»

Posted Image Posted 4 days ago 22:40 |

baqiaoxin

my recovery process, and only to 4.0
. backup folder b following 5 files are copied to the file can run adb folder
2. changed its name to change the suffix name into their name inside the package at the end of
leaked .84 the OTA upgrade package is copyed into the root directory of the SD card, the zip and the crc should
boot into fastboot
5 5 files are brushed into the
recovery method to revert to .181 with matt's .84, according to prompts, will not boot after restart.
Reboot into recovery, brush leaked .84 OTA upgrade package, for the first time will fail
7. not shut down, painted once
. normal circumstances can be restored to .84, 3G can not upgrade or downgrade to the official version, waiting for the savior.

[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, STHeiTi, simsun, sans-serif, 宋体]

<div class="avatar" "="" style="word-wrap: break-word; margin-top: 10px; margin-right: 20px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 20px; ">

Posted Image 62%

[/font] G coins 98 Model

jump to»

Posted Image Posted 3 days ago 11:23 |

I B following 5 files hard brush brush into. . . And I also get in recovery, the election into the recovery, moto logo then went back to the fastboot interface error. . . The green robot did not see. . . Brush a few times. . . No electricity, and feed of BP ONLY mode can not get into. . . Other projects line to toss. . .MOTO does not unlock the really troublesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users