Photo

Official Get .84/.85 Razrs Back On Path Thread (Updated 5/23/12)

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#61 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Read this on The Eternity Project's forums:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

I'm waiting to see if kholk will give this a go on his dev phone. Unsure what will happen if I repartition my sdcard.

#62 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Read this on The Eternity Project's forums:

I'm waiting to see if kholk will give this a go on his dev phone. Unsure what will happen if I repartition my sdcard.

Like everything else being tried, I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)
Posted Image

#63 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

OMG that actually sounds like it would work!!!!! Hopefully devs can test to see, lol.
Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#64 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • Twitter:xlightwaverx
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

AS usual, about a week behind. No way to alter those 4 files without killing the signature.

X

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads
x4_logo.png.pagespeed.ic.voMTetxHpH.png

#65 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

AS usual, about a week behind. No way to alter those 4 files without killing the signature.

X

I dont think you kept reading down that post. It says that if we were to format the partitions and only flash the files needed through RSD, that it would allow us to downgrade.

Quote from thread:

[So we know, that it's possible to downgrade the Bootloader when being on the ICS leak. That means, that the BL isn't the problem. The real problem are the signated partitions which are blocking the flash of an older sytem. I know from a reliable source that the same problem persists also with unlocked bootloader when trying to downgrade from the new ICS. That is the proof, that the signated partitions are responsible. I guess there may be the possibility to downgrade from the ICS when device is rooted. Because then we can boot into Clockworkmod and format those partitions which are including the signature. We also know, that we can flash via RSD using customized xml file, so not everything from a fastboot will be flashed ( or we also could use command shell or fla$#!+). After formatting the signed partitions we should be able to flash an older rom (GB) with one of these methods.] <--- My theory so far!

Current Phone: Motorola Droid Razr MAXX Stuck on .210 Running Black Widow ICS ROM (leak)

#66 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

And what you think matt's util 1.61 actually does? What's the difference if you format all of the partitions and get errors or just format selective partitions?

Do you think these bootstrapper programs can actually write to these partitions?

X

GTalk/Email: xlightwaverx[@]gmail.com | Android Development | CrackFlasher Downloads

#67 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

And what you think matt's util 1.61 actually does? What's the difference if you format all of the partitions and get errors or just format selective partitions?

Do you think these bootstrapper programs can actually write to these partitions?

X

I do not know much about partitions and such, I just wanted to make sure that you read the right post we were talking about. And that post does sound correct in a way, because when I try to downgrade from ICS leak .84, to .173 my bootloader changes back to original but just gives me errors on other files. and if I recall correctly, Matt's utility along with RSD only deletes cache partitions and user /data. Aren't there other partitions located throughout the phone that could have possibly been flashed to and therefor not get erased? AGAIN, I am not an android expert OKAY, lol. This thread was made for possible ideas/suggestions, so I thought that this persons idea was good so I reposted. No need to flame me.

EDIT: I was unaware there was a utility out v1.61. I thought latest WORKING utility was v1.51
  • 20ripley and Krazr like this

#68 xlightwaverx

xlightwaverx

CrackFlasher

• Superuser
  • 409 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

I do not know much about partitions and such, I just wanted to make sure that you read the right post we were talking about. And that post does sound correct in a way, because when I try to downgrade from ICS leak .84, to .173 my bootloader changes back to original but just gives me errors on other files. and if I recall correctly, Matt's utility along with RSD only deletes cache partitions and user /data. Aren't there other partitions located throughout the phone that could have possibly been flashed to and therefor not get erased? AGAIN, I am not an android expert OKAY, lol. This thread was made for possible ideas/suggestions, so I thought that this persons idea was good so I reposted. No need to flame me.

EDIT: I was unaware there was a utility out v1.61. I thought latest WORKING utility was v1.51

See what I mean by being a week behind? :-)

X

#69 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

See what I mean by being a week behind? :-)

X

So what I just said could work or would it not? And it's not like we have a choice. Matt hasn't posted anything saying there is a new one. Why is everything kept private, this should be a group effort. Btw is there a link lying around somewhere?

#70 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

So what I just said could work or would it not? And it's not like we have a choice. Matt hasn't posted anything saying there is a new one. Why is everything kept private, this should be a group effort. Btw is there a link lying around somewhere?

Here's the post with the links:

You'll need to install utorrent or similar to download the files

#71 20ripley

20ripley

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:37 AM

you r right the bootloader changes back

#72 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

interesting, I'm not really clear on what they are trying to do on that eternity project thread.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#73 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:MkVsTheWorld
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

interesting, I'm not really clear on what they are trying to do on that eternity project thread.

Sounds like they are having similar problems with a leak they got too. Imagine that huh?

I think the last commenter's theory is that there is lingering data on the phone from the flash to the version they are using, which is preventing any flashes. This is evident as flashing is failing on the international version that has an unlocked bootloader. I'm still on .75 so I'm afraid to upgrade to .85 and be stuck. I'm not sure if this is even possible with bootstraps, but someone could go into CWM recovery and wipe EVERYTHING, get everything back up and running on the .84/.85 leak again, then restore back to stock using Matt's utlity.

Of course, I don't know how you would get everything back up and running on .84/.85 if you wiped the System partition though. Any ideas on that?
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#74 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

Sounds like they are having similar problems with a leak they got too. Imagine that huh?

I think the last commenter's theory is that there is lingering data on the phone from the flash to the version they are using, which is preventing any flashes. This is evident as flashing is failing on the international version that has an unlocked bootloader. I'm still on .75 so I'm afraid to upgrade to .85 and be stuck. I'm not sure if this is even possible with bootstraps, but someone could go into CWM recovery and wipe EVERYTHING, get everything back up and running on the .84/.85 leak again, then restore back to stock using Matt's utlity.

Of course, I don't know how you would get everything back up and running on .84/.85 if you wiped the System partition though. Any ideas on that?

Snowballing off of that, someone could use a ROM based off of whichever leak they are stuck on to re-install the leak after doing a complete wipe. The only issue here is if you go through all this trouble, you could be back to where you started with a lingering file. It would be nice to know which files could possibly be blocking flashing.
Run for your health, run for the rush, run for charity. Sign up for a race near you, you can do it!

#75 theonlycosmic

theonlycosmic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:37 AM

You shouldn't need to get it working as the fastboot files flash the system partition along with other partitions. SO, if this would work, then it would solve our problems.

Btw these are the rumors/things I have heard so far:

Moto is going to be pushing 4.0.4 in late may.

Kholk will be able fix many things in the bootloader bypass when Moto releases 3.0.8 kernal source.

Dhacker is finishing up an AOKP build for .84 leak.

#76 blaten22

blaten22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

Can you not treat it like a computer and just format/wipe all of the memory over to the phone, and just reinstall from scratch/flash a clean factory backup?

I'm still learning this so sorry for the boob question. That in theory would take care of the bootloader.

#77 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

You shouldn't need to get it working as the fastboot files flash the system partition along with other partitions. SO, if this would work, then it would solve our problems.

Btw these are the rumors/things I have heard so far:

Moto is going to be pushing 4.0.4 in late may.

Kholk will be able fix many things in the bootloader bypass when Moto releases 3.0.8 kernal source.

Dhacker is finishing up an AOKP build for .84 leak.

I likey those rumors. Kernel bypass + aokp = happy camper

#78 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

I keep checking this post every time there is a new reply hoping that someone found a solution :P

Sent from my ICS Leak RAZR
Posted Image

#79 MkVsTheWorld

MkVsTheWorld

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

I just remembered that when you use RSD or Matt's utility, you are in AP Fastboot Mode anyways, so booting into the phone's OS is not essential. So, if you could go into CWM recovery, do a Factory Reset, format the SYSTEM partition, turn the device off, and get into AP Fastboot mode, and attempt the restore to stock process. Maybe that could work?

#80 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

I just remembered that when you use RSD or Matt's utility, you are in AP Fastboot Mode anyways, so booting into the phone's OS is not essential. So, if you could go into CWM recovery, do a Factory Reset, format the SYSTEM partition, turn the device off, and get into AP Fastboot mode, and attempt the restore to stock process. Maybe that could work?

no

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users