• 156 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

XT926 MIUIv5 Project Thread
// XT926 Dev&Consumer
// Android 4.1.2

// Current Version [ 3.5.31 ]

2nicklv.jpg

Overview

This is MIUIv5 ported from the Galaxy SIII and partially optimized with PatchRom Tools, but this is NOT a patchrom build.

MIUIv5 4.1.2 Download

08/01/13 Stable:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Changelog
- Optimized for this device with Patch-Tools
- Ram optimizations
- ByteCode's Kernel Patched for MIUI (Artifacting, Wakelocks, Overheating have been resolved)
- LTE (though listed as 3G)

MIUIv5 Patch Apps

08/03/13 Patch-Apps:

--Mini-FAQ--

Q: Patch Apps?

A: They're MIUI APKs built with Patchrom for use with this Rom for a smoother and more efficient experience

Q: How do I Install?

A: Extract the APKs to a folder on your SD card and install them via the Package Manager manually, one at a time.

Expect FCs, but after a reboot everything will be perfectly stable!

Q: Do I have to do this for the Rom to work?

A: No, but It's suggested because It makes for a smoother and 'better' experience, It's best to be as close to native as possible.

FAQ

Q: Why is G-Apps not listed for Download?

A: Too Bloaty,

to keep bloat low

Q: LTE isn't working

A: Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names -> Select an APN with a Bearer that says 'LTE'

Q: Help! Phone/SystemUI/Keyboard Isn't working/Is Force Closing!

A: Make sure to do a completely clean wipe, also I'm not sure how well this will work if flashed in CWM.

Q: The Browser looks terrible.

A: Settings -> Advanced -> User agent string -> MiOne (It Renders like iOS and renders seamlessly!!)

Q: Where is the Weather Widget?

A: I didn't include it, as it does not support North America. :l use 'Weather BZ' from the Play Store, It is a full replacement for Xiaomi weather and themes with this rom.

Important Notes

- If flashed in TWRP the rom will ask to install SuperSU, do not Install SuperSU as MIUI has it's own root management application.

- Airplane mode works, but will restart all applications running on the phone, turning it off does not do this.

- The Sim Card pop-up is inherent to this version, It is cosmetic and does not actually do anything

• neckchop, Memnoch73, BytecodeMe and 8 others like this

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Very nice sir... And welcome.

Be prepared Miui has always been a golden unicorn around here so everyone is gonna go nuts when they see it's real.  :)

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 Chahta

Chahta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Twitter:toph4er
  • Current Device(s):Droid X

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

4.1.2 + Code Kernel? I think you must mean 4.2.2

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 2

#4 zooyork0721

zooyork0721

All Around Man

• Developer
  • 979 posts
  • Google+:gtalk/hangouts- zooyork0721
  • LocationNew York, NY
  • Current Device(s):OnePlus 8 Pro

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

wow dont have HD anymore but this guy was on xda working on Miui for HD a while now :) awesome! nicely done

lr79yH0.png

en_app_rgb_wo_60.png

#5 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

OMG I lOVE YOU MAN><.........

been waiting along time for this...

flashing immediately...then updating all my themes :)

me so happy

peace

byte

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#6 somber73

somber73

Ringmaster

• Developer
  • 466 posts
  • Twitter:@xSomber73
  • Google+:nytesblood@gmail.com
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

I've been trying to port this what feels like for weeks on the 907 good job and welcome aboard you gotta tell me your secret Lol j/k

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Posted Image

Donations Not Necessary but tia :)

#7 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Welcome aboard Tquetski!!! Thank you for posting the MIUI ROM in here, it is absolutely a work of art.  :D

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#8 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

I have never flashed a MIUI rom where can I read about it in S3 thread? Does everything work no FC's?

#9 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Nice ! Just flashed this and have to say GLAD TO HAVE YOU! This is a sweet port. 

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#10 KaChow

KaChow

If Only...

• Superuser
  • 364 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia
  • Current Device(s):S6 (sm-g920f), Moto XT1575(waiting)

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

I have never flashed a MIUI rom where can I read about it in S3 thread? Does everything work no FC's?

Here is some info for you,

, just aheads up, you will need Google Translate. 

If you like this signature click on the Marvel logo this one is from Thor: The Dark World-> copy the html link to your signature in my settings-> Enjoy!

#11 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Thanks everyone!

It's a stable rom and everything works with no FCs as long as you follow the proper procedure and do the right wipes, If you've never tried MIUI before you're in for a great experience If you haven't flashed it yet.

I've been trying to port this what feels like for weeks on the 907 good job and welcome aboard you gotta tell me your secret Lol j/k

When I do a MIUI port I do the following in this order:

1 ) Find a phone that has the same resolution as my working phone

2 ) Find a build of MIUI based off the same CM for that phone.

ro.build.id=JZO54K

Is the Build ID for CM10 XT926, So I would find a port of MIUI that also uses this as a base to minimize the difference in code

3 ) Check the Xbin of MIUI for Shelld, If Shelld is found $#!+ is already real, return to step 1

4 ) You've found a build of MIUI without Shelld and the Build ID and resolution for the device matches up.

Dirty Port

1 ) Delete your App, Framework, Media and Font folder in CM, Replace them with the ones found in MIUI

2 ) Merge your CM Lib folder into MIUIs, copy the resulting folder back into your CM folder

3 ) Edit the build.prop accordingly

4 ) Flash

Sometimes this will yield a fully working port of MIUI, sometimes It won't; but If it goes to the boot screen you have something you may be able to work with, If it goes past the boot screen you have a rom that can certainly be ported without bugs.

Always do a large batch of dirty ports first to assess which rom has the highest base compatibility, sometimes I will have a fully functional port, most of the time I won't.

Either way It will put you in a space where you have to do a very minimal amount of work to get it running, and once you have a good phone base identified you can port other roms from it very easily-

Be prepared Miui has always been a golden unicorn around here so everyone is gonna go nuts when they see it's real.  :)

I've been speaking with other developers and the consensus is that we're going to at some point try to do a Patchrom build of this, Patch has begun to move to CM 10.1 afaik and If we can really successfully build patch for the XT926 then it will be essentially the same as having an 'official' MIUI for this device, since an update will only require a repo sync and not a complete do-over which is the one thing that's always burned me about doing a MIUI port.

• KaChow likes this

#12 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

If you want I could try to port it for the 907 lol, I always welcome a challenge

• neckchop and somber73 like this

#13 somber73

somber73

Ringmaster

• Developer
  • 466 posts
  • Twitter:@xSomber73
  • Google+:nytesblood@gmail.com
  • LocationNY
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

If you want I could try to port it for the 907 lol, I always welcome a challenge

that would be cool I'd appreciate that barely have enough time to maintain my port let alone pull my hair out with this Lol go for it

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Posted Image

Donations Not Necessary but tia :)

#14 YippieKayYay

YippieKayYay

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

I have this problem, i think that the volume when i call someone is low and also when i put it on speaker, it's still low. Music plays just fine (loud).
I checked the volume settings and have the volume all the way up.
Any ideas? Do you think it's a rom bug?

Thank U .....

#15 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

Just one more stupid question before I flash this is 4.1.2 bassed using stock kernel?

#16 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Correct

#17 MonkeyMouth

MonkeyMouth

Boot Logo Master

• Superuser
  • 148 posts
  • Google+:Adriano.Badilla@gmail.com
  • LocationLaveen, Arizona
  • Current Device(s):DROID ULTRA

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Why do you want us to use a AOSP kernal if this is a stock build? That leads to camera problems.

Posted Image

Yet again. It isn't nessacary. But if you like my work or just want to be generous. Buy me a Monster. So I can stay up:P

Posted Image

#18 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:25 PM

Stock as in, The Kernel that came w/ hashcodes CM10, flash w/e you want really, I just know it works fine for some folks and resolves a few issues and doesn't seem to create new ones

• neckchop likes this

#19 brewdarrymore

brewdarrymore

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

it's me again ;)

Tquetski, can you include stock motorola camera in your ROM?

#20 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:45 AM

i belive the 4g icon is due to missing .pngs...
I havent had time to flash this yet, but did extract the file and see some differences between TheBills miui photon rom and this one.
I spent alot of time on signal icons not only on my miui photon, but on stock razr HD.....
so i think I may be onto something...
currently at work, but can upload my signals for someone to test

i could be wrong...
files to look at:
stat_sys_data_connected_4g_alternative
stat_sys_data_fully_connected_4g
stat_sys_data_connected_4g

can someone test this for me
take the 3 files I uploaded here and place them in
miuisystemui/res/drawable-xhdpi

thanks
byte

Attached Files

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users