134 replies to this topic

#81 rzrtm

rzrtm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

I REALLY wanna get this running. But for me it just gave me a fail! I wiped everything but SDcard twice same FAIL! I'm gonna try re download maybe

#82 bboyles4

bboyles4

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:29 PM

Anyone else having problems getting root permission with apps? I went in and enabled root permission like normal and even went to the apps tab and trusted Titanium but it's still saying it can't get root access...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#83 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

I REALLY wanna get this running. But for me it just gave me a fail! I wiped everything but SDcard twice same FAIL! I'm gonna try re download maybe

Yeah I would re-download and if that doesn't work try flashing with a cwm based recovery if you aren't already.

I had a lot of weird issues with twrp and haven't had any problems since i started using cwm
  • rzrtm likes this

#84 rzrtm

rzrtm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Yeah I would re-download and if that doesn't work try flashing with a cwm based recovery if you aren't already.

I had a lot of weird issues with twrp and haven't had any problems since i started using cwm

Yeah I'm gonna try that. Yeah all I've used is twrp so might be time to try something different. Thanks

#85 sunkim50

sunkim50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:08 AM

I have flashed this with twrp 2.6 with no issues. I make sure to wipe everything except for SD card and that usually works the best for me when it comes to flashing.

The only thing is that 4G appears to still be broken. This phone appears yk use eHDRP which is a better version of EVDO, sort of like MIMO for EVDO. You will see faster speeds than EVDO, but not LTE speeds. My device would top out at 2.6 Mbps.

#86 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:15 AM

Anyone else having problems getting root permission with apps? I went in and enabled root permission like normal and even went to the apps tab and trusted Titanium but it's still saying it can't get root access...

Go to MIUIs permissions app and set it to handle root.

If people are curious, Patch is about 80% done.................

#87 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

Speaking of, anyone who has any Patchrom experience or would like to help me see this to completion let me know; It's very close right now to fully building and has only a few errors that must be resolved.

I don't care about credit or any of that, If any other dev is willing to do a co-project of this let me know, Stock based Patchrom when finished can also most likely run on Bootloader locked devices as well, so for the sake of having a complete bugless MIUI, one step from official builds, on our device please get in touch with me

• rzrtm and bytethegroove like this

#88 bytethegroove

bytethegroove

#HappyEnding

• Superuser
  • 158 posts
  • Google+:bytethegroove
  • LocationBerwyn, IL
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

only patchrom experience i have is a failed miserable attempt at MIUI V5...i am however a great problem solver with some programming experience.

Android developing is not in my bucket of tools, though so more of a problemsolver here....... I do hack up themes as well :p

I'd love to see this get completed, and if I can in anyway lend a hand I will.

peace

byte

I'm as honest as the day is long, The longer the daylight then less I do wrong!

My MIUI v4/v5 ICS/JB photon/electrify/ and now Razr HD offerings http://bytethegroove.com/PublicDL/

#89 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

Yeah this almost a daily driver for me. Only problems I've noticed are:

HDMI only puts out audio
WiFi and/or tethering doesn't work
Not full 4g. Maxing out at around 2 mbs

Everyone else have the same issues or do I need to start fresh?

#90 sunkim50

sunkim50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:17 AM

HDMI only puts out audio

Yup, those issues are to be expected. The V4 version has LTE working but nav bar is missing. You need to use lmt launcher to navigate. The other issues are to be expected because this is using an older cm10 base.

The dev is working on patchrom that uses blur base, so in theory everything that works in stock should work in patchrom.

#91 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Yup, those issues are to be expected. The V4 version has LTE working but nav bar is missing. You need to use lmt launcher to navigate. The other issues are to be expected because this is using an older cm10 base.

The dev is working on patchrom that uses blur base, so in theory everything that works in stock should work in patchrom.

Alright thanks
I did know that this isn't gonna be a fully working build but figured I'd make sure that these were all common bugs and if they were, I could list them so others could be aware of them incase they can't live without those functions. Like me, haha

Still a really fun rom to play with for a while.
Looking forward to possible patchrom success

#92 propaganda1995

propaganda1995

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

looking forward to the update. right now for me 4g doesnt work, the root function has stopped working, and i get this weird glitch where when im booting the phone up while its charging the phone will get stuck at the bootloader screen. I have to hard reset and then boot back up without it plugged in. Nothing that bad but kinda annoying. Otherwise everything is amazing!! thanks  :)  :)  :)

#93 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

looking forward to the update. right now for me 4g doesnt work, the root function has stopped working, and i get this weird glitch where when im booting the phone up while its charging the phone will get stuck at the bootloader screen. I have to hard reset and then boot back up without it plugged in. Nothing that bad but kinda annoying. Otherwise everything is amazing!! thanks :) :) :)

You have to enable root through the miui permissions app which is in one of the pre-made folders on your home screen. Sorry not running miui at the moment so I can't be more exact.

#94 ripper2860

ripper2860

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

I've been watching this one very closely as it looks extremely promising.  The patchrom possibilities are extremely intriguing and I gotta say I am rather anxious to give it a try once it arrives!!  Never used MIUI before, but I am looking forward to it!! 

Motorola Razr HD Maxx

Root and Unlocked Bootloader | Blurry 1.2 HD  | Nova Launcher | CrossBreeder MOD

#95 rightushook

rightushook

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:02 PM

HDMI only puts out audio

I'm Having the same issues minus WiFi which is working for me. 4g LTE does not work and maxing out at around 1-2MB. Otherwise pretty good, no over heating and no wakelock.

Rom is much better than previous version.

• rzrtm likes this

#96 rzrtm

rzrtm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:01 PM

So I got everything to work (I just had a bad download!) Everything is working smooth.. no issues. Wi-Fi is working for me. The only thing I'd want maybe is turn down the dpi..anyone know if this rom can and how low can it go safely!

#97 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:12 PM

Notice

- Mini Updates will come in the form of small zips, the APKs inside must manually be installed from MIUIs File Manager.

- The APKs in PatchApps have been built for the RazrHD, there is pretty much no lag inside of them, the Rom will work fine either way, but there will be a noticeable speed increase using apks native to our phone.

• DroidAddict101 likes this

#98 Tquetski

Tquetski

• Developer
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

by the way for people who feel "Fk this too much effort" at LEAST install the music player, It improves the quality of sound the same way the phone related APKs improve call volume...

I mean honestly, the APKs fix so many little things like overlay issues, the equalizer and so on.

These aren't just 'version ups' but improve the functionality of the rom

• DroidAddict101 and drewrivera like this

#99 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:10 AM

People with working WiFi...

Are you able to use the native wireless tethering app as well? Or any tethering programs successfully?

#100 sunkim50

sunkim50

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

People with working WiFi...

Are you able to use the native wireless tethering app as well? Or any tethering programs successfully?

I was never able to get WiFi tether to work. I believe USB tethering worked. I tried several 3rd party apps and could not get any of them to work.

Also, just to report another bug you might run into is the USB not detecting after using an AC charger. A reboot will fix the issue but will stop working again if AC charger is used.
  • DroidAddict101 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users