228 replies to this topic

#181 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

Noob here can you please explain how to flash the new radio I'm still learning... I'm rooted but not unlock yet but I do have Motopocalypse app. I used Matts utility to get root I'm on 9.16.9 I don't plan on taking the OTA... Just want the radio I'm confused on (open the radio_updater. Xml file in RSD) I just want to make sure that I don't screw up. I know SamuriHL said he tested on an unlock phone.. Help

Sent from my Xoom

In RSD, you click the ... button and select my radio_updater.xml file.  Make sure that both files in the zip are extracted to the same folder before doing this.  Then follow my directions above and it'll update your radio for you.

• mudvayne622 likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#182 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:44 AM

Worth a shot.  RSD 6.1.5 I believe is the latest.

could I get a quick refresher on how to use RSD?

Just saw your post. Phone in Fastboot correct?

Droid RAZR Maxx HD Unlocked/Rooted (JB Stock 4.1.2)

#183 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

could I get a quick refresher on how to use RSD?

Just saw your post. Phone in Fastboot correct?

Correct.

#184 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:12 AM

And here I thought you were making a one click.... lol

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#185 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

Worked perfectly. Vanquish_BP_100730.160.64.15P! Thanks SamuriHL. Now to install TWRP and make a nandroid

Like Your signature btw. That would make a sweet wallpaper

• SamuriHL likes this

Droid RAZR Maxx HD Unlocked/Rooted (JB Stock 4.1.2)

#186 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

And here I thought you were making a one click.... lol

I was going to.  But, I ran into issues so I scrapped it.  This seems like the safest way.  The question I have is that there are firmware updates in this update....I'm wondering if we should make a firmware update package, as well....That will have an impact on roms, too.

• mudvayne622 and tomv5314 like this

#187 jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4 Dev Edition

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

I was going to.  But, I ran into issues so I scrapped it.  This seems like the safest way.  The question I have is that there are firmware updates in this update....I'm wondering if we should make a firmware update package, as well....That will have an impact on roms, too.

Wrong thread...contents deleted.

#188 mrf582

mrf582

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

Has anyone confirmed if the new radio is actually any better?

#189 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

Kaos said it definitely improved for him.  I don't know if it's better for me, but it certainly isn't worse.

#190 islanddawg671

islanddawg671

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

Can I get a link to the latest RSD

Sent from my Xoom

#191 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

From my extensive google search for "rsd 6.1.5" I found this amazing link

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• Tucknology and clydei like this

#192 islanddawg671

islanddawg671

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

Thanks I appreciate your help.. Sorry I wasn't sure what to look for :-( I'm a Noob just trying to learn...

Sent from my Xoom

#193 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

NP good luck.

#194 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

And it's done.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

o) Unzip the zip file to a folder
o) Put the phone in AP Fastboot mode (power off, hold volume down and press power)
o) Connect to USB
o) Open the radio_updater.xml file in RSD
o) Flash away

WARNINGS - MUST READ!
Reversing this process doesn't seem to work. Meaning flashing an older version of the radio by doing this doesn't downgrade it. I know why but there's nothing I can do about it. This is why it failed for me earlier. I went back to an MR4 backup, confirmed that I had the old baseband, ran this against it, and had MR4 running with the new baseband with no problem. You have been warned that you can't use this method to downgrade...only upgrade to a newer radio.

ALSO NOTE: I've only tested this on an unlocked phone. Anyone brave enough to try this on a locked bootloader...please post your results. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity cuz I read the xml included in this, what was the issue you kept having the first time you made this thing?

And how are you restoring a backup that's also restoring the baseband? It as my understanding that's backups only cover user data, cache (optional), boot (kernel), and the system. But nothing about radio/modem.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#195 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

Just out of curiosity cuz I read the xml included in this, what was the issue you kept having the first time you made this thing?

And how are you restoring a backup that's also restoring the baseband? It as my understanding that's backups only cover user data, cache (optional), boot (kernel), and the system. But nothing about radio/modem.

They store the modem stuff in /firmware/image.  So I'm guessing somehow that's getting restored from my nandroid, but, I have no idea how. I can tell you for sure that restoring my MR4 nandroid dropped the baseband to the old version though.  My issue was I was testing going back to an older version.  This no workie with flashing.  But it does work going up.  So once I restored my MR4 I was able to update it.  I was actually as surprised as you. I restored it thinking I'd have to use my FXZ Keep Data script to drop the baseband back to the old one, but, shockingly, it was already reverted once I booted up from the nandroid.

#196 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

They store the modem stuff in /firmware/image. So I'm guessing somehow that's getting restored from my nandroid, but, I have no idea how. I can tell you for sure that restoring my MR4 nandroid dropped the baseband to the old version though. My issue was I was testing going back to an older version. This no workie with flashing. But it does work going up. So once I restored my MR4 I was able to update it. I was actually as surprised as you. I restored it thinking I'd have to use my FXZ Keep Data script to drop the baseband back to the old one, but, shockingly, it was already reverted once I booted up from the nandroid.

Hmm, interdasting.
Did you have a problem putting this together as a batch script or did you not bother?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#197 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Hmm, interdasting.
Did you have a problem putting this together as a batch script or did you not bother?

I have it as a batch script, as well.  Just too lazy to publish it.  I can if people would like it that way.

#198 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

Honestly, if they are flashing these like this, they better dang well know how to do it that they don't need a batch script.... IMO.  If it was a bigger set of stuff, I might say yes just to automate a long list, but these are small.

• tucstwo likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#199 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,461 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

My thought was a set of scripts people could use to quickly run an RSD op on their phone to get what they need.  That's why the Keep Data script is another RSD script.  Drop it in the FXZ dir and run it with RSD.  Done.

#200 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

My thought was a set of scripts people could use to quickly run an RSD op on their phone to get what they need. That's why the Keep Data script is another RSD script. Drop it in the FXZ dir and run it with RSD. Done.

I'm thinking about throwing together a script that includes options to root 4.1.2, unlock the bootloader AND help flash this latest update. This way we have less of these locked out folks who are too apprehensive to do all these separate processes. I feel bad for those who don't know better and then get screwed by this ota. Would like to make it easier for them. But that's got nothing to do with the radio only. Eh, just thinking out loud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users