• tucstwo likes this

#122 Tucknology

Tucknology

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

I'm taking the plunge. I have stock system, rooted and unlocked. Protected root with Voodoo (but didn't temp unroot). Then took the OTA. 

I haven't had too many problems before the update. No reboots or crashes. Sometimes there were some glitches, but nothing systematically reproducible. I think I had a weaker cellular signal than I used to get with my Bionic, but that's hard to know. I'll report back on whether the update effects anything.

I took the update fine. But voodoo doesn't seem to be able to restore root for me. I'm not sure if I did it wrong. Either way, I'm not worried I'll just follow tuc's instructions to restore root. I'll report back what happens next.

#123 RazrGreg

RazrGreg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Just thought id chime in,  Been rooted since I bought the phone when it was on ICS.  I unlocked about 30 min ago after getting a ota alert,  i was on the 9.16.6 not the red headed step sister 9.16.9 version whatever.   Downloaded OTA    Protected root via voodo ota keeper.   Updated without changing anything else ( some stock apps still frozen)   and the update took about 5 minutes without any error and I am now on 9.18.79

Weird thing is it says build date may 25th .  WTH? does it literally take 6 weeks to 2 months for a update to get to us? 

#124 Guest_kinnelonfire75_*

Guest_kinnelonfire75_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

Just thought id chime in,  Been rooted since I bought the phone when it was on ICS.  I unlocked about 30 min ago after getting a ota alert,  i was on the 9.16.6 not the red headed step sister 9.16.9 version whatever.   Downloaded OTA    Protected root via voodo ota keeper.   Updated without changing anything else ( some stock apps still frozen)   and the update took about 5 minutes without any error and I am now on 9.18.79

Weird thing is it says build date may 25th .  WTH? does it literally take 6 weeks to 2 months for a update to get to us? 

Did you unlock before or after the update? I came here to unlock my phone (finally) and doh! The key is forever broken in the keyhole, it seems. 

#125 geekabilly

geekabilly

Razr Geezr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Twitter:winhayes
  • Google+:Winthrop Hayes
  • LocationNew England
  • Current Device(s):Moto X 2nd Gen. PE

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

Did you unlock before or after the update? I came here to unlock my phone (finally) and doh! The key is forever broken in the keyhole, it seems.

Must unlock before flashing the update or it'll never happen - last call

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#126 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

Just got the update notification. I'm rooted and unlocked. Don't want to lose either one. What do I do to take this update or should I wait for a dev to provide a flashable zip? 

Droid RAZR Maxx HD Unlocked/Rooted (JB Stock 4.1.2)

#127 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

If you are unlocked already you have no worries.

If you are not unlocked, but think you might in the future DO NOT update until AFTER you've unlocked.

If you don't care to unlock, then just take it.

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#128 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:16 AM

I have a feeling that people getting flash errors are flashing the opposite OTA of what their chipset requires.

Remember, there's two different updates. They're basically the same, but one is designed for older phones and the other for newer ones. Be conscious of which version you're using and which applies to your device.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#129 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

Just got the update notification. I'm rooted and unlocked. Don't want to lose either one. What do I do to take this update or should I wait for a dev to provide a flashable zip?

You won't lose you're unlocked bootloader. And don't worry about root. Try to use voodoo OTA root keeper. If that doesn't work, after you're updated, refresh cwm or TWRP and flash the SuperSu root zip. Easy peazy. There's a thread with instructions.
  • mudvayne622 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#130 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:37 AM

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm not going to apply the update until I get home. Not finding the thread with the SuperSu Zip. Tucstwo did you mean "Reflash"   TWRP, meaning once I update I will lose TWRP and revert back to Stock Recovery? 

#131 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

Thanks for the quick responses. I'm not going to apply the update until I get home. Not finding the thread with the SuperSu Zip. Tucstwo did you mean "Reflash" TWRP, meaning once I update I will lose TWRP and revert back to Stock Recovery?

Actually this update won't flash in TWRP. No matter what, you're going to have the flash stock recovery back. Then you can flash your OTA. When that's completed, Reflash TWRP and then the SuperSu zip. When I get home, I'll link you.

#132 mudvayne622

mudvayne622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationPA

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

Actually this update won't flash in TWRP. No matter what, you're going to have the flash stock recovery back. Then you can flash your OTA. When that's completed, Reflash TWRP and then the SuperSu zip. When I get home, I'll link you.

Ok thanks. I don't even know how to get Stock Recovery back. This is the first time I've ever had an unlocked BL and a custom recovery. I'm learning haha

#133 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:07 AM

Ok thanks. I don't even know how to get Stock Recovery back. This is the first time I've ever had an unlocked BL and a custom recovery. I'm learning haha

You can use the tool in this thread to flash stock recovery (Razr HD, there's a different one for M)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

[Utility]Flash-CWM-or-TWRP-Recovery-1-Click-{UPDATED-7-11-13}-V6!

And then this is the thread for the directions for SuperSu rooting

[How-To]UNIVERSAL-Recovery-and-Root-ANY-{Unlocked-Bootloader-XT926-&-XT907}-Easy!

#134 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:09 AM

I see this thing is still 4.1.2. With that said I don't feel inclined to screw with it. I like my 4.2.2 Eclipse. Not enough bugs to talk about. If moto would get off its rear end and concentrate a little more on 4.2.x and a little less on preventing open bootloaders, it might be worth it.
Sent from my XT926 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#135 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

I see this thing is still 4.1.2. With that said I don't feel inclined to screw with it. I like my 4.2.2 Eclipse. Not enough bugs to talk about. If moto would get off its ass and concentrate a little more on 4.2.x and a little less on preventing open bootloaders, it might be worth it.
Sent from my XT926 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

This is true. Indeed they need to get out from under Big Reds thumb.

I do feel the new radios are better but it's not worth all the hoop jumping for some.

#136 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,479 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

This is true. Indeed they need to get out from under Big Reds thumb.

I do feel the new radios are better but it's not worth all the hoop jumping for some.

Now that the FXZ is out I'm going to redo mine with a nice FXZ Keep Data option with the House of RAZR_HD.  :D

• livinginkaos likes this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#137 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:33 AM

Can I get a screenshot of what the newest baseband version is?

#138 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

Can I get a screenshot of what the newest baseband version is?

Posted Image

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#139 Brenardo

Brenardo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Any chance you have just the baseband file to fastboot?

#140 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Any chance you have just the baseband file to fastboot?

I don't but the fxz for 9.18.79 leaked out

[UPDATED]#entry319246

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users