Photo

Ics 4.0.4 Update (6.16.206) - No Downgrading From This!

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#21 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Twitter:dimitri407

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

How is it fastbootable? The files that cause errors during fastboot can't be overwritten by a 3rd party recovery so how would that affect the fastboot capability for those of us on 84/85?

[ pull this thread as I walk away... ]

He is not stuck on the.84/.85 so he can still fastboot.

#22 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

Well ive been hollering for couple of days i got 204 to sideload over itself in stoc;k revovery...it has checks right? Its lookinh for 181 before inztall right? Y the hell would it flash over itself if it didnt see at least some that it needed to see...right?? Thus if 204 will flash over itself getting something that lookn for same stuff hould flash too?m???? As lil brain swims round and round.

Were you able to flash this over your .204?

#23 waloody88

waloody88

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

guys can anyone tell me wats differences u found in this leak compared to previous leak?

#24 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:38 AM

if you on 75 79 when you flash your still fasbootable.

Right... but it doesn't change anything in terms of fastboot capability is my point. Users who are on an un-fastbootable build still cannot fastboot -- likewise those who are current able to fastboot will still be able to.

That is no surprise unless I'm missing something important. Saying that "it is fastbootable" gives the impression that the build itself indicates fastboot capability or not. Might wanna consider revising it so that users do not unknowingly try to fastboot back and soft brick or flash it simply to fastboot.

Just trying to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Now back to 206.... thanks for posting Matt! I'm going to dl tonight even though it's not of much use to me at the moment (stuck on 84) lol

[ sent from _base2 ]

#25 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:39 AM

Well ive been hollering for couple of days i got 204 to sideload over itself in stoc;k revovery...it has checks right? Its lookinh for 181 before inztall right? Y the hell would it flash over itself if it didnt see at least some that it needed to see...right?? Thus if 204 will flash over itself getting something that lookn for same stuff hould flash too?m???? As lil brain swims round and round.

The full 204 update or the small check file?

[ sent from _base2 ]

#26 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

The full 204 update or the small check file?

the full one never messed with lil one...
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#27 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

the full one never messed with lil one...

thats how i lost root here on 204...never expected it to really flash...was playn round it bslapped me and and flashed lmao

#28 stkiswr

stkiswr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:20 AM

I'm on 84. I unfroze everything. Tried it thru stock recovery as just an "install zip from SD" method and also tried the es files explorer trick by placing the crc and the zip in cache and running the zip thru rom manager. Both methods gave me status 7 error.
I feel as though I tried all known ways and was shut down.
I always encounter ro build prop error. Almost makes me wonder of I could modify my build prop would it be possible to make this force in? Or does that sound like a shiney brick ?

#29 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:25 AM

When i did 204 over 204 didnt get build prop error...mdm the tried again it went after rebootn recovry

#30 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'm on 84. I unfroze everything. Tried it thru stock recovery as just an "install zip from SD" method and also tried the es files explorer trick by placing the crc and the zip in cache and running the zip thru rom manager. Both methods gave me status 7 error.
I feel as though I tried all known ways and was shut down.
I always encounter ro build prop error. Almost makes me wonder of I could modify my build prop would it be possible to make this force in? Or does that sound like a shiney brick ?

Uhhh... there is still no way to move anywhere from .84.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#31 stkiswr

stkiswr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:34 AM

Uhhh... there is still no way to move anywhere from .84.

That is correct but for me it was worth trying. Maybe to help other know its pointless lol

#32 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:36 AM

That is correct but for me it was worth trying. Maybe to help other know its pointless lol

Ahh okay... didn't realize you knew that and were trying anything to help us out. Appreciate man... Stuck on .84 here too :)

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#33 stkiswr

stkiswr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

Ahh okay... didn't realize you knew that and were trying anything to help us out. Appreciate man... Stuck on .84 here too

oh yeah. Nothing wrong w 84 to me, but I'll try anything to move forward. Don't like being stuck in a box. But for now...we are

#34 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:48 AM

oh yeah. Nothing wrong w 84 to me, but I'll try anything to move forward. Don't like being stuck in a box. But for now...we are

Try the new cm9 for ics then fastboot to 181. It may or may not work. Hick's said that it's fastbootable but haven't tried myself yet

#35 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

Try the new cm9 for ics then fastboot to 181. It may or may not work. Hick's said that it's fastbootable but haven't tried myself yet

Unless I'm missing something significant that dhacker did to the system, if he's on 84/85 or any leak other than 75/79 he will soft brick when he tries to fastboot back to 181.

[ sent from _base2 ]

#36 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

Unless I'm missing something significant that dhacker did to the system, if he's on 84/85 or any leak other than 75/79 he will soft brick when he tries to fastboot back to 181.

How is this even possible since you have to use SafeStrap?

#37 dimitri407

dimitri407

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

#38 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

How is this even possible since you have to use SafeStrap?

I'm sorry I don't understand what you're asking... how is what possible?

[ sent from _base2 ]

#39 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

CM9 itself is NOT fastbootable. Never mind my post. It's only able to fastboot if you are on the .75 leak!!!

But in that post on droidhive, there is an ICS safestrap now. You can use CM9 regardless of what leak you are on.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#40 rndchef

rndchef

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

I am a little confused about these ICS 200 series leaks. Given they are not fastbootable back to 181, why flash them? Just to be on the latest and hope eventually someone finds a way back? I am a flashaholic so this is like rock to me that I want to put in a pipe and smoke but am afraid of a bad high.
  • bilbobaggins and MartyChubbs like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users