Photo

Ics 4.0.4 Update (6.16.206) - No Downgrading From This!

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#41 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

I am a little confused about these ICS 200 series leaks. Given they are not fastbootable back to 181, why flash them? Just to be on the latest and hope eventually someone finds a way back? I am a flashaholic so this is like rock to me that I want to put in a pipe and smoke but am afraid of a bad high.

liven your nightmare bro. stuck without root on 204.
Sharing da buzz on my crackflashed rzr jimyv

#42 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

Is the .crc file supposed to have text, etc in it? It's not saving as a .crc (unless I rename it), and it has --
<!-- saved from url=(0078)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

--> <html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII"></head><body><pre style="word-wrap: break-word; white-space: pre-wrap;">3049463606</pre></body><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="data:text/css,"></html>

as the content of it, is this correct? (all the other crc files i have just have a number, and are like 10k or whatever).. and yes, I did right click and save, it wants to save as an .htm file each time.
Posted Image

#43 exalted911

exalted911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

Installed .206 over .204 perfectly fine, and it works great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Why do I get the feeling that this guys is full of it.???
if I understand the process correctly if you try to install 206 over 204 you will end up with a soft brick phone right???
until someone trustworthy confirms this I would not try it.

#44 JimmyInTheROC

JimmyInTheROC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:14 AM

I am a little confused about these ICS 200 series leaks. Given they are not fastbootable back to 181, why flash them? Just to be on the latest and hope eventually someone finds a way back? I am a flashaholic so this is like rock to me that I want to put in a pipe and smoke but am afraid of a bad high.

You remember that saying about having your cake and eating it too? That's exactly what this is.

#45 Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd

Freak on a Leash

• Administrator
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWindy City
  • Current Device(s):x13 Dev Ed & x14 Pure Ed & Droid Turbo

CM9 itself is NOT fastbootable. Never mind my post. It's only able to fastboot if you are on the .75 leak!!!

But in that post on droidhive, there is an ICS safestrap now. You can use CM9 regardless of what leak you are on.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

FYI the .79 build works the same way and can be fastbooted back to GB. Ie the only 2 ICS leaks we can fastboot back from are the 75 & 79 builds which I know for certain as I just messed with both 75 & 79 builds yesterday. Anyone who used 84/85.203/204/206 are stuck and off path.

Different note tho. You mentioned Cm9 from Dhacker, which build did you install? Only reason I ask is I have a link to some test roms he had done and not sure if its the same one you are mentioning.

#46 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

CM9 itself is NOT fastbootable. Never mind my post. It's only able to fastboot if you are on the .75 leak!!!

But in that post on droidhive, there is an ICS safestrap now. You can use CM9 regardless of what leak you are on.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry hicks - just wanted to make sure we were specific. I knew what you meant and I'm sure others knew, but coupled with the magic that dhacker can do I didn't want people to think that this was a solution to the new leaks stranding users. Thanks for clarifying dude :)

[ pull this thread as I walk away... ]
[ sent from _base2 ]

#47 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

Is the .crc file supposed to have text, etc in it? It's not saving as a .crc (unless I rename it), and it has --

--> <html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII"></head><body><pre style="word-wrap: break-word; white-space: pre-wrap;">3049463606</pre></body><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="data:text/css,"></html>

as the content of it, is this correct? (all the other crc files i have just have a number, and are like 10k or whatever).. and yes, I did right click and save, it wants to save as an .htm file each time.

....yea what the h? are ya supposed to put that on your phone? none of the other crc contain a dropbox plus file...anybody
?

#48 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

FYI the .79 build works the same way and can be fastbooted back to GB. Ie the only 2 ICS leaks we can fastboot back from are the 75 & 79 builds which I know for certain as I just messed with both 75 & 79 builds yesterday. Anyone who used 84/85.203/204/206 are stuck and off path.

Different note tho. You mentioned Cm9 from Dhacker, which build did you install? Only reason I ask is I have a link to some test roms he had done and not sure if its the same one you are mentioning.

Thx for the additional clarification aixelsyd :)

[ sent from _base2 ]

#49 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

....yea what the h? are ya supposed to put that on your phone? none of the other crc contain a dropbox plus file...anybody
?

Some say yes, that it needs to be on the phone along with the zip, others have said no. I always make sure I have it along with the zip. I did figure out that if you click ON the dropbox link thats in that file (the .crc file), it will download the .crc from the dropbox link itself.
Posted Image

#50 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

Did you right-click the LINK and select "save link as" (in chrome at least) ? Or did you click the link THEN right-click and save as... bc you need to right click the LINK and save the LINK as, not the resultant page. Hope that clarifies...

[ sent from _base2 ]

#51 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

Did you right-click the LINK and select "save link as" (in chrome at least) ? Or did you click the link THEN right-click and save as... bc you need to right click the LINK and save the LINK as, not the resultant page. Hope that clarifies...

Tried it both ways. if you even check the actual file on rombot, it's the same way. Its also 350k (more or less), and should only be 10k, like the others (from the other builds, etc)
Posted Image

#52 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

html file? tea i know bout crc file with ota leaks but none have saved as that always says crc file....its the same kind of numbers inside when i open it there but is the phone gonna be ok with it being html format?

#53 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:30 AM

html file? tea i know bout crc file with ota leaks but none have saved as that always says crc file....its the same kind of numbers inside when i open it there but is the phone gonna be ok with it being html format?

all the previous ones have saved as a .crc file, this one however wants to save as an .htm file. It's also 355k, when all other crc files have been 10k. i tried it directly from the OP, as well as the rombot directory it's stored in.. it shows there as

21-May-2012 00:29 355

It should only be 10k, instead of 355k (kb, or whatever), and when editing/viewing it, it should just show a number, and not all the extra stuff it does/is showing (the dropbox url, etc).

I already have the correct .crc, just wanted to see if maybe the OP link for the crc was messed up or whatever so someone doesnt try to use it, and jack their phone up even more.
Posted Image

#54 exalted911

exalted911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

When you right click on the link it should give you the option to save as a crc file. are you using Chrome or internet explorer? I use chrome and it gives me the option. not sure about any other browser but it should be the same.

#55 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:32 AM

When you right click on the link it should give you the option to save as a crc file. are you using Chrome or internet explorer? I use chrome and it gives me the option. not sure about any other browser but it should be the same.

chome no option just save as...worked right before..

#56 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:33 AM

I've tried IE and firefox. Its not an issue of it NOT saving when I right click and save, its an issue of the file having more information, and being much larger than it should be, it should just have the #'s for the CRC or whatever, and not all the extra info.
Posted Image

#57 exalted911

exalted911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:34 AM

Thats weird, I just clicked on the link above and I was able to save it as a crc file. try rebooting your computer maybe that will resolve your problem.

#58 _base2

_base2

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:37 AM

Lol OK you crc folks.... duh I just clicked the link. There's extra html output in there that's why it looks wonky - its not your computer. It just needs to be fixed on rombot

[ sent from _base2 ]

#59 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Thats weird, I just clicked on the link above and I was able to save it as a crc file. try rebooting your computer maybe that will resolve your problem.

It won't -- either way, I have the correct file. I just clicked on the dropbox link that was in the .htm it wants to keep downloading. Check the directory the .zip and .crc are located IN on rombot (

), you can clearly SEE, the fileSIZE for the .crc is 355, it should be 10. Again, I'm just letting people know it *may* not save right (it hasnt for me on my windows machine, or my mac -- wants to save as an .htm file).
Posted Image

#60 jimyv

jimyv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

I've tried IE and firefox. Its not an issue of it NOT saving when I right click and save, its an issue of the file having more information, and being much larger than it should be, it should just have the #'s for the CRC or whatever, and not all the extra info.

yes this... save target as...and it does save correctly and has correct content..as far as i know.. but it is a html file under type

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users