• Please log in to reply
875 replies to this topic

#501 dowens9603

dowens9603

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

ok I think that worked. I got freaked out a little seeing my old rom slots names on there, and it said I was active in wizzbean so I thought that the stock was the old stock from 211. I should be good to go know. Thank you.

#502 jagman

jagman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

I installed 3.07, went to open it and it took forever. Finally opened and enabled recovery. All is well. Rebooted and tried to go into SS recovery... all I got was a blank screen. I kept it on for 5 minutes... got impatient and turned tgr phone off. Turned it on and went back to normal bootup and was fine. I again rebooted and went into SS recovery but again just a black screen. Weird ... any suggestions? I am having the full volume speakerphone issue so I think I have a bad flash of the OTA JB update.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#503 ezhy

ezhy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

I installed 3.07, went to open it and it took forever. Finally opened and enabled recovery. All is well. Rebooted and tried to go into SS recovery... all I got was a blank screen. I kept it on for 5 minutes... got impatient and turned tgr phone off. Turned it on and went back to normal bootup and was fine. I again rebooted and went into SS recovery but again just a black screen. Weird ... any suggestions? I am having the full volume speakerphone issue so I think I have a bad flash of the OTA JB update.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Tried to recover backup completed by SS 3.05 and got similar problem.
Copied full log since installation of SS 3.07 today.

Bro from my local forum with similar problem said that it was because SS was recovering not completely some folders in system ( /system/tts/, /system/usr/, /system/vendor/, /system/xbin/).

I'm not pro in this issue, so better look instead by yourself.

P.S.: thank you for your work and Happy New Year!

Spoiler

#504 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

is your friend;-)

Via Tapatalk
maxx

#505 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Are backups made with 3.05 compatible in 3.07? And vice versa? I understand 3.07 is JB specific, izit good for ICS, to?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#506 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

I would plug into the computer.... make a backup/copy of both internal and external sdcards just in case... then delete everything off internal that in not absolutely necessary.... that may free up enough space for you....

sent from my JB RAZR tapadriving

Thanks my Friend...Move Apps around with Titatium to a SD Card...That gave me enough to Jump on to Slot 3...All I have left for Slot 4... 832 Megs which is not enough to create I need 1982 for a Green Light...

Will try the computer method for the Extras Megs...Question, since I installed the New Method for Safestrap I'm getting Low Volume messages...the Phone works Awesome its just a Pain in the Buttski with this Error Message

Thanks

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#507 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

For what it's worth... I've tried everything to get rid of "Low Volume/Memory...is it possible theirs a Bug in the process...

My Phone is performing Awesome... no issues other than error messages...

:)
Its Bubba

#508 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

For what it's worth... I've tried everything to get rid of "Low Volume/Memory...is it possible theirs a Bug in the process...

My Phone is performing Awesome... no issues other than error messages...

Its Bubba

When you plug into the computer (mass storage mode) and you pull up the internal storage... how much space does it show available..... ?

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#509 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

When you plug into the computer (mass storage mode) and you pull up the internal storage... how much space does it show available..... ?

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Attached Files

#510 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

So I have seen this question asked but not seen any definitive answer... Can I use 3.07 to flash ice roms like simplex or flick? I'm still on .211, and contemplating making the switch. I am not on the leak. I'm on .211. And until the final OTA is released want to run ice roms
Hey bub, I'm not finished with you yet..... SKNIT!!

#511 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Yes you can...currently using Flicks 5.0 now...running smoothly

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

#512 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

Thanks, Bub...

#513 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

So I have seen this question asked but not seen any definitive answer... Can I use 3.07 to flash ice roms like simplex or flick? I'm still on .211, and contemplating making the switch. I am not on the leak. I'm on .211. And until the final OTA is released want to run ice roms

Check out this thread. It allows you to have the best of both worlds. You do not need to redo your whole phone to use the utility in the link. Once you update to 3.07 you can use this utility to swap out the kernel to run JB based roms and then swap the kernel back to ICS to run .211 stock and ICS based roms. Works perfect !!!!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#514 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Yikes...idk, I'm very rusty...wouldn't want to jack anything up...you guys are pros, I only have basic beginners knowledge

#515 hdrrzr

hdrrzr

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:33 AM

Is there some reason why SS3.07 will not allow me to mount sd-card (the external sd)? I can mount it as USB storage through SS and still cannot access the external card.

When I boot into stock in slot 1, plug the phone into the PC, I can access both cards fine (moved the roms to the external sd to flash).

Any ideas?

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to partition the slots on the ext-sd, only to access my zips and backup to.

Thanks so much to Hashcode for all of the work put in.

#516 mattkilla

mattkilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Google+:mattkilla420
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx xt912 , Samsung Droid Charge (FP8)

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:57 AM

^^^^^^ I'm having the same problem as above. When j load rom slot 1 u cant access anything on the sd card (music, pics, etc.) I was able to restore most stuff through Google but not having access to my sd card while on safe side sucks. Or is that the way it works. I'm a bit new to all this.

Also I understand now the purpose of safe Trap is to leave the stock side alone. I flashes fat free bean last night. This is after I froze a hit of bloat on my stock. What should I do. Go back in stock and re enable bloat and try to take back k to stock? Or is it pointless to do now? Just want to be running a safe stable system and if that means getting stock back to stock so be it. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

android-smoking-a-joint-on-white-background-320x-42619.jpg

#517 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

Why are there so many apparent glitches with this SS, why is it hit or miss? Are steps not being followed or is the program glitchy? Just want to know what I'm gonna get into...plus these two guys have the same issue and it doesn't seem like they got assistance... I know guys are busy...but they have legit issues

#518 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Your ICS rom will run slow and glitchy since SS 3.07 is designed for the new JB release. I have already tried this and I can tell you that you won't be happy with the performance. The best option is to update to the new JB which is super fast and smooth then install SS 3.07. Hope this helps you out.

#519 AscensionX

AscensionX

Code Breaker

• Developer
  • 363 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy SIII

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

Why are there so many apparent glitches with this SS, why is it hit or miss? Are steps not being followed or is the program glitchy? Just want to know what I'm gonna get into...plus these two guys have the same issue and it doesn't seem like they got assistance... I know guys are busy...but they have legit issues

I was the first person to test this for Hashcode and it has worked flawless since the beginning. You must be on the JB leak for it to work correctly. I wouldn't recommend using any ICS roms with this Safestrap as they will run slow and glitchy. Btw the JB leak is what will be released in a month or so and as far as Motorola has stated nothing will change.

#520 weaponx

weaponx

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Thanks for your replies... Totally helped me make up my mind...Just gonna keep ICE till the other OTA is released.. Then I will gladly install this SS. Don't mind waiting a little longer now that I know its coming

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)