The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

Unless overlooking something, NOT seeing anything on that link addressing upgrading from SS 3.07 to 3.11 ... it only covers up to 3.04. So can only assume we just load 3.11 over 3.07 but gonna wait until someone confirms its been done without corrupting something.

First, Uninstall from your SS Icon, Open...you have 2 options, Install 3.07 or Uninstall 3.07...Chose to Uninstalled...Than take 3.11 Zip and Flash to 3.11...

Its Bubba

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#542 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

No, just install the apk then click install recovery and your good to go.

Awesome!!!

Thank you my Friend...

Its Bubba

#543 cvhovey

cvhovey

Post Traumatic nOOb Disorder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

That would be for version 3.4. Some major changes have been made since then. Hash code?

Q: "On Razr Maxx, just flash v3.11 over top of v3.07?"
Hashcode's response: "yes"

Droid Razr M XT907 B/L Unlocked - Stock Rooted

#544 kingjames860

kingjames860

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

I'm running v3.07 if I want to upgrade to v3.11, do I have to do it from my stock ROM or can I update from one of my ROM slots?

#545 cvhovey

cvhovey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Moto X Dev Ed, Moto X Retail, Nexus 7, Droid Razr Maxx, Droid X, OG Droid

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

I'm running v3.07 if I want to upgrade to v3.11, do I have to do it from my stock ROM or can I update from one of my ROM slots?

Haven't seen this clearly addressed anywhere. To err on the safe side, I did it from stock. Reason for that was when I flashed v3.05 in slot-1, later updated v3.05 to v3.07 in stock, I still had v3.05 showing as installed on my slot-1 rom. To avoid that for v3.11, did it from stock.

#546 kingjames860

kingjames860

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Thankyou, the reason I ask is because my stock ROM is ICS,I used the utility to flash JB kernel,you're right better safe , I'll flash back and install ...thanks.

#547 cvhovey

cvhovey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Same here ... ICS stock and JB in slots 1 and 2.

#548 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Haven't seen this clearly addressed anywhere. To err on the safe side, I did it from stock. Reason for that was when I flashed v3.05 in slot-1, later updated v3.05 to v3.07 in stock, I still had v3.05 showing as installed on my slot-1 rom. To avoid that for v3.11, did it from stock.

Each Slot is its own ROM...
So whatever App you D-load will be just for that ROM the same applys to Safestrap...

Safestrap would be an example of this...However, that said, I use Quick Boot...Slots that I have not D-loaded SS its working fine...still keeps you in Safestrap when Flashing ROMs

Its Bubba

#549 Mr. HQ

Mr. HQ

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Ignore me :)

#550 jonwgee

jonwgee

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Twitter:JonWGee
  • Google+:jonwgee
  • LocationDekalb IL

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

If you have no intention of trying to flash stuff to your stock system, you can happily stay on 3.07 for now...

Via Tapatalk
maxx

#551 daddymikey1975

daddymikey1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Did a fastboot back to .211 w/ Matt's utility. Backed up root w/ voodoo. Installed the JB update from Ext. SD card.

Installed Superuser and Voodoo.. Restored root w/ Voodoo (worked).. Also installed titanium backup (to verify that I was rooted). Root stuck.

When I downloaded Safestrap 3.11, I opened it and it immediately closed. any idea why ?

#552 pmassey31545

pmassey31545

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationJesup, GA
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX Alltel

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Question. I have installed SS 2.11 and I can not format my /system which I think is what is causing my ROM flashes to fail-black screen boot loop thingy. So I always have to revert to the safe system. The other issue I have with 2.11 is that I did a system backup before any flashing and when I try to restore I get an md5checksum mismatch error. Ideas anyone???

The other issue I have is that on versions 3.04, 3.07 and 3.11 none of them can even see my SD card as some other members have posted. So unless I store the ROM zip on my internal memory, I can't flash it. Again, ideas???
  • pmassey31545 likes this

#553 wonton9224

wonton9224

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Google+:rstrawbridge9224@gmail.com
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

I've used the JBDualboot-xt912_v1.0a utility to boot into the JB kernel to run JB custom roms since I was unable to apply the OTA leak update through moto recovery.

Does this mean my STOCK side is still ICS and while on JB kernel I cannot activate and boot my STOCK side?
If this is true, then the ability to flash custom roms to the STOCK slot through SS3.11 wouldn't work right?
Would I have be on the JB leak on my stock side to be able to flash custom roms to that slot through SS3.11?
Or is the stock side safe to flash JB to just as long as I'm booted into the JB kernel with the dualboot utility?

It'd be nice to be able to use SS3.11 to flash a custom rom to the stock partition, it would free up another slot and/or space on the internal sd. I'd like to think that any rom running on the stock slot would run a bit faster as well, no virtual-ness to the partition.

#554 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I've used the JBDualboot-xt912_v1.0a utility to boot into the JB kernel to run JB custom roms since I was unable to apply the OTA leak update through moto recovery.

Does this mean my STOCK side is still ICS and while on JB kernel I cannot activate and boot my STOCK side?
If this is true, then the ability to flash custom roms to the STOCK slot through SS3.11 wouldn't work right?
Would I have be on the JB leak on my stock side to be able to flash custom roms to that slot through SS3.11?
Or is the stock side safe to flash JB to just as long as I'm booted into the JB kernel with the dualboot utility?

It'd be nice to be able to use SS3.11 to flash a custom rom to the stock partition, it would free up another slot and/or space on the internal sd. I'd like to think that any rom running on the stock slot would run a bit faster as well, no virtual-ness to the partition.

You need to apply the leak to have JB on stock. Flashing custom roms to the stock side won't work because they are designed to run on the stock kernel.It's already been tried by someone and it failed.
Posted Image

#555 wonton9224

wonton9224

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Google+:rstrawbridge9224@gmail.com
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

Thank you, that's precisely what I thought of as soon as I read the changes for 3.11. Is there any point for me to jump to 3.11 then? any other fixes that would benefit me while using the jb dualboot kernel?

#556 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

I'm staying on 3.07 because at this time I have no need to flash anything to stock. That's about the only change to the newer version, along with a fix to a bug that says install failed, when in fact it has installed.
Posted Image

#557 onemotodroid

onemotodroid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Twitter:onemotodroid

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

i have SS 3.07 installed.
i made a 1G partition for slot #1 than installed BatakangROM alpha6.

My problem is I can only install about 50 apps on my phone. With SS 2.11 i had over 150 apps installed. I am getting a out of space error when i try to install more apps (from internal location).

How can i get SS to install everything (backups, etc..) on my ext / internal sdcard?

#558 nukeruss

nukeruss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Twitter:nukeruss
  • Google+:nukeruss
  • LocationPalmyra, PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx XT912

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

i have SS 3.07 installed.<br />i made a 1G partition for slot #1 than installed BatakangROM alpha6.<br /><br />My problem is I can only install about 50 apps on my phone. With SS 2.11 i had over 150 apps installed. I am getting a out of space error when i try to install more apps (from internal location). <br /><br />How can i get SS to install everything (backups, etc..) on my ext / internal sdcard?

Backup your slot 1 to your external SD. Delete slot. Regenerate slot one as a 3 gb data slot. Restore your backup to that slot and then add the rest of your apps.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx booting JB leak based ROM while maintaining stock ICS. (JB Dual Boot - XT912)<br /><br />

#559 chrisault2004

chrisault2004

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationHuber Heights, OH
  • Current Device(s):Razr XT912

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

So, does this mean that I can flash the deodexed stock rom on my "stock" ROM slot

#560 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

So, does this mean that I can flash the deodexed stock rom on my "stock" ROM slot

The stock rom slot is for leaks or official OTA's.. so no
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: safestrap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users