293 replies to this topic

#221 kilroywo

kilroywo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:24 AM

Downloading now, but I need to charge my phone. I know running a different version of SS isn't recommended, but what would happen? I've got 3.11 installed and have only ever used it to dual-boot between LiquidSmooth and stock. I'm still widely unfamiliar with how SS works...

#222 uconnpat

uconnpat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:13 PM

Awesome Rom but no root????

#223 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

Awesome Rom but no root????

It's rooted but there's an issue that has recently manifested with koush's superuser... I will be releasing an update tonight that switches to super su

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

• jl90, Eiht and uconnpat like this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#224 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

Update v1.6 is live. Root issues are resolved.
This update REQUIRES A FULL WIPE. Sorry for this, but it's the only way to effectively replace Root App and Binaries

• matjmonk and uconnpat like this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#225 slovejoy4

slovejoy4

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):droiid bionic

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

Hi

Newbee here.  I have safestrap 3,50  with eclipse and cm10 running fine.  When I install v1.6  I get "please wait untill this phone has been activated"  Thish is a bionic that has been converted to rub on pageplus.

thanks

Steve

#226 slovejoy4

slovejoy4

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Current Device(s):droiid bionic

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sorry I should have proofread the last post.  It is safestrap 3.60

steve

#227 kilroywo

kilroywo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:58 AM

Swimming in the trash can with the rest of the junk lol...... :p All kidding aside you can always grab the live wallpaper chooser app from the stock side and shove it in the system apps and set proper permissions. I personally take it out because huge battery drainer. $3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

Could you explain how to do this? I backed up the picker from stock via Titanium Backup, but TB always hangs when I try to restore it. This is honestly very annoying. I've flashed a number of ROMs over the years and this is the first one I've tried (let alone seen) where LWP can't be used. Is it that big of a deal to everyone? It only drains the battery when it's being used...

#228 Eiht

Eiht

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

Just take a root browser in Stock and copy Livewallpaperpicker.apk and probably Livewallpaper.apk to SD and then paste them into system/apps and set permissions to 0644 depending on the root app that is check boxes on all the left and top center but just look at permissions of something else most are the same in there. That should do it. I don't have this running right now to test though.

Sent from my Bionic

#229 Eiht

Eiht

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:53 AM

I just looked in my stock slot and I don't have livewallpaper.apk so that must be a CM thing because I was in CM when I looked at the file names. So just the picker should do it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

#230 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

Could you explain how to do this? I backed up the picker from stock via Titanium Backup, but TB always hangs when I try to restore it. This is honestly very annoying. I've flashed a number of ROMs over the years and this is the first one I've tried (let alone seen) where LWP can't be used. Is it that big of a deal to everyone? It only drains the battery when it's being used...

Didn't know that this would cause that much of a issue.... Modded Post because of just that thanks....

new_animated_sig.gif

#231 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

Seriously... People need to learn at least the basics if you're going to flash ROMs. This is a very simple task and if you need a developer to create a "1 click flashable zip" for you the you will be in a world of hurt someday when you break something and end up with a soft brick. As far as the LWP not being in my ROM, it's not there because it's not there! It goes beyond just battery life the thing is a waste of valuable resources that jus slows the device in general. I'm sorry if LWP is a deal-breaker for you but it ain't going back in. It is simple enough for the end user replace if he/she so desires :)

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

• kc69 and Eiht like this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#232 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

Sorry if I created any issues with my previous post.. I edited it to keep the peace. We Cool... ;)

new_animated_sig.gif

#233 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

Sorry if I created any issues with my previous post.. I edited it to keep the peace. We Cool... ;)

No harm done bud. I appreciate your willingness to help out. My point is people should educate themselves a little before they complain about what is or isn't in custom firmware they choose to install on their devices. Your post was no problem at all :)

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

• B.E.McAllister and nobe1976 like this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#234 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

Gee Wizz I thought we got kitkat or something. All we need to do is do a full wipe and install nothing changed.

#235 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

Give me a Break of that KIT KAT

download.png

• bdazzg1 likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#236 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

Android rules every store you go in is selling Kit Kat bars even the Apple stores lol.

#237 Eiht

Eiht

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Gee Wizz I thought we got kitkat or something. All we need to do is do a full wipe and install nothing changed.

Root was broken. That's the big thing. And I'm running CM11 right now.

Sent from my Bionic

#238 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:44 PM

Don't know if you want it or not, but I just cannot use a app to have these. Baked them into the latest UI... Hit me up Badazz

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

Attached Files

• uconnpat likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#239 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

Did a full wipe installed from sd card. Fired right up SuperSu and all. Nice

#240 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

Here is a alternate one to... May change it to black and blue.... $3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

Attached Files

• B.E.McAllister likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)