293 replies to this topic

#241 kilroywo

kilroywo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

Just take a root browser in Stock and copy Livewallpaperpicker.apk and probably Livewallpaper.apk to SD and then paste them into system/apps and set permissions to 0644 depending on the root app that is check boxes on all the left and top center but just look at permissions of something else most are the same in there. That should do it. I don't have this running right now to test though.

Sent from my Bionic

Thanks, I appreciate the help, but it didn't work. Tried through Root Explorer (granted it root access) but regardless of where the file was, I wasn't able to change permissions. Tried with ES File Explorer, but the root access option kept switching back to off and it never asked for su permission. I'll just go back to stock. It may be slower, but at least I know every feature that I want works.

Seriously... People need to learn at least the basics if you're going to flash ROMs. This is a very simple task and if you need a developer to create a "1 click flashable zip" for you the you will be in a world of hurt someday when you break something and end up with a soft brick. As far as the LWP not being in my ROM, it's not there because it's not there! It goes beyond just battery life the thing is a waste of valuable resources that jus slows the device in general. I'm sorry if LWP is a deal-breaker for you but it ain't going back in. It is simple enough for the end user replace if he/she so desires :)

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

Oh, I'm sorry I have a life and only have the time to learn what I need to learn when I have a problem or don't know what something is. I used to have RB 1.2, which you might recall, has LWP enabled... but after reading how blazing fast LiquidSmooth is, I tried that out because RB wasn't much faster than stock for me (LS is blazing fast, btw). After finding out that there are issues with docks on AOSP (from other users questioning and testing, since no dev felt like mentioning that, from what I saw), I started switching back and forth between ROMs so I could have the right functionality at the right times (that's what others were doing as well). I got sick of rebooting, so I came back to RB, which by that time, was at 1.5. That's when I came here to find out why LWP was removed (since you failed to mention its recent removal in the OP). This is the first ROM I've heard of to not have that and I've never needed to copy system apps from ROM to ROM before because there were either alternate solutions or the features flat out didn't work no matter what.

Forgive me for not being a guru like yourself, developer. I'm sorry I wasted my time coming back here... Seriously.

#242 bpambrose

bpambrose

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic, TFT700

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

Can't please everyone oh well, personally I couldn't ask more from the Devs for their mostly uncompensated efforts, Keep up the great work!!

• usmcamgrimm, kc69, matjmonk and 5 others like this

#243 uconnpat

uconnpat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

For what its worth (I love the Rom) but I am on  PP and am having spotted 3g issues... the toggle and settings menu says my data is on but no 3g icon and no ability to connect to the net... any thoughts???

Forget it I figured it out.  I  recalibrated  my battery which reset my 4636 settings which I set right.. thanks anyway

#244 bpambrose

bpambrose

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Could it possibly be your Carrier( I'm on Verizon) or maybe just the area your in has poor reception? I am running this Rom and have none of these issues at all. If neither of these are the case I would try a factory Reset and system wipe, clear the cache and re-flash the Rom because the issue is not this Rom if it was correctly properly installed.

• jl90 likes this

#245 bpambrose

bpambrose

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

A little Late!!

#246 Tattooz305

Tattooz305

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

Don't know if you want it or not, but I just cannot use a app to have these. Baked them into the latest UI... Hit me up Badazz

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

Any chance you cold make a flashable zip to add those?

Sent from my Revolutionized Bionic 4.1.2

• nobe1976 likes this

#247 uconnpat

uconnpat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 26 November 2013 - 01:52 PM

Don't know if you want it or not, but I just cannot use a app to have these. Baked them into the latest UI... Hit me up Badazz

I would love to see this!!!  as I would use power toggles with auto collapse and the baked in ones without auto collapse

but regardless the Rom is awesome!

• nobe1976 likes this

#248 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

• B.E.McAllister, nobe1976, Eiht and 1 other like this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#249 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

I know this is a sad thing but I need to unroot my Bionic time to sell. Is there an easy way or do I need to SBF?

#250 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

I know this is a sad thing but I need to unroot my Bionic time to sell. Is there an easy way or do I need to SBF?

Ahh that is the saddest thing that should ever be said.... If you need to do so you can go to House of Moto or even House of Bionic to get the tools to restore back to stock JB. It has been a pleasure having you on these forums supporting the community. Off the wall which device have you upgraded too?

Sent from My Gtablet, Power by Eclipse 4.2.2

new_animated_sig.gif

#251 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Thanks I wont be gone exactly my other phone is a Hd Maxx running guess what? Im gonna try and pickup a dev eddition Moto X price is gonna be right Monday morning. I feel like Im lossing my best friend lol.

#252 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

If it was me...I'd just SBF it anyway. That way you're sure there's no trace of personal info in the device when you sell it.

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#253 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

Is it easy enough to find on House of Bionic like Nobe said? I guess that is the right way to do it to be safe.

#254 Eiht

Eiht

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:25 PM

I just did mine a couple weeks ago because my GPS stopped working. Everything you need is here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

)/Threads/Guides/SafeStrap/***

Sent from my Bionic

• wooddale likes this

#255 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Thanks so Im thinking all I have to do is run the 98.72.22 fxz  in rsd and that should bring me back to stock JB right the second file?

#256 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

Thanks so Im thinking all I have to do is run the 98.72.22 fxz  in rsd and that should bring me back to stock JB right the second file?

Correct... If you do it the HOB way just do a full wipe and that should bring it in good as new. Once it reboots and gets on the setup menu just power it down. Then it will be all setup for its new owner. Just send them are way and will take care of the rest.

new_animated_sig.gif

#257 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Google+:kcmj6969@gmail.com
  • LocationEast Bernard TEXAS
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

Yep
TEXAS state of mind

#258 mjs27541

mjs27541

I have no idea what's going on...

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD
  • Current Device(s):LG G2

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Did mine a couple weeks ago too. Had been dreading it but phone was starting to act goofy so I finally had to bite the bullet. Biggest pia was restoring all my apps.

#259 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationWhere I AM

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

TIBU... Well worth purchasing the pro version if you haven't got it yet....

new_animated_sig.gif

#260 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 30 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

TIBU... Well worth purchasing the pro version if you haven't got it yet....

Hey Nobe got the files togo back to stock but cant get rid of safestrAp. I tried reinstalling it keeps saying the app doesnt have root but the phone is still rooted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users