#261 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

Don't need to uninstall safestrap, just flash it back to stock. Done.

sent from my hammerhead

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#262 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • Twitter:benuti1
  • LocationIl & WI
  • Current Device(s):Note 2 , Razr Maxx Hd

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

Well then I guess the files were bad the only one that worked was one by Fredy anyway got it done Thanks.
  • Eiht likes this

#263 Eiht

Eiht

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Current Device(s):Bionic

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

I forgot that I had to use a second file that said something like "if it fails on step 5 use this file" because something was removed and worked for me.

Sent from my Bionic

#264 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:33 PM

No problem got it done I would have still been looking fof it on Sams deal. Yep it failed on 5/24 lol.

#265 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:22 PM

Has anyone been able to get 4G using this ROM? I saw a brief flicker last week one time,  but at least 99% of the time I'm stuck at 3G. I've tried at least one or two other ROM's that's supposed to have working 4G, but so far nothing has worked :(

#266 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Has anyone been able to get 4G using this ROM? I saw a brief flicker last week one time, but at least 99% of the time I'm stuck at 3G. I've tried at least one or two other ROM's that's supposed to have working 4G, but so far nothing has worked :(

You got something jacked it should be working unless your towers are down

#267 Eiht

Eiht

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Agreed. Either towers or messed up phone that could use a FXZ. If others have 4G check stock slot just to be sure and if you don't have it there wipe that thing. I had a similar situation last month where my gps wouldn't lock in any ROM or slot. FXZ fixed it.

Sent from my Bionic

#268 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

This is gonna sound like a noob question,  but by wipe you mean a full fxz, right? 

#269 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Yeah that is what,he means. Sometimes its the,only way and most times the fastest way you will loose all your data but you will be fresh. Google fxz,for bionic onJB there is a video. Eiht has the,links use the one by Freddy the first two dont work.
  • Eiht likes this

#270 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yeah that is what,he means. Sometimes its the,only way and most times the fastest way you will loose all your data but you will be fresh. Google fxz,for bionic onJB there is a video. Eiht has the,links use the one by Freddy the first two dont work.

I may try that, even though I had to fxz months back when one of my other ROMs hung and fxz was the only option. Voodoo Root Keeper works on Jelly Bean builds, right? The only root method I know of for Jelly Bean is to use Ubuntu. I'm familiar with Ubuntu, but my Bionic is my only internet connection at home, and the only way to do the WiFi thing is to use my backup Droid X as the hotspot, but the darn thing gets a little temperamental sometimes.

#271 Eiht

Eiht

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:48 AM

I may try that, even though I had to fxz months back when one of my other ROMs hung and fxz was the only option. Voodoo Root Keeper works on Jelly Bean builds, right? The only root method I know of for Jelly Bean is to use Ubuntu. I'm familiar with Ubuntu, but my Bionic is my only internet connection at home, and the only way to do the WiFi thing is to use my backup Droid X as the hotspot, but the darn thing gets a little temperamental sometimes.

Root keeper semi worked for me when I took the OTA. I don't remember the particulars but it backed up root but couldn't recover it and I was able to follow someone's instructions to restore it and it worked. I'd do a little research first because of your online limitations or go to Subway and eat slowly(read:use wifi somewhere). I'd also look into Supersu, it has a root saver sort of feature I believe. Be careful if you do the Ubuntu root method because I ran into a problem I had to duplicate twice to figure out. Basically the superuser he used, I think clockwork, updates and breaks root so you root then go into play and disable auto update on superuser or install supersu(that's what I did) on your stock slot right after FXZ. This got really long but I just went through it so just ask if I didn't make sense.

Sent from my Bionic

#272 bdazzg1

bdazzg1

I Break $hit!

• Developer
  • 359 posts
  • Twitter:@bdazzg1
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/+TonyRossBDAZZG1
  • LocationPrescott Valley, AZ
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6, Droid Maxx, Droid Ultra, LG G2, LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Yea... Clockwork superuser app sucks. That's why I no longer use it in Raging Bionic. The damn thing updates and trashes root

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

• Eiht likes this

BDAZZG1_sig.png

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

#273 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

Yea... Clockwork superuser app sucks. That's why I no longer use it in Raging Bionic. The damn thing updates and trashes root

Sent from my Raged Out RAZR MAXX HD

I just make sure that it doesn't get updated....:D

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× BiOπI¢ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

• B.E.McAllister and jl90 like this

new_animated_sig.gif

#274 uconnpat

uconnpat

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationConnecticut
  • Current Device(s):Droid Bionic

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

Does anyone know if this will work with this rom

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

And how hard is it to modify the code ie remove the blue tooth toggle

I tried it and it didn't work systemui stopped working

Edited by uconnpat, 10 December 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#275 B.E.McAllister

B.E.McAllister

Paint by Number Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationUT, PA

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

If you flash the battery mod over top it will redo the notification bar and I believe you will end up with no toggle

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

#276 chrisp6825

chrisp6825

Byaaah!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Current Device(s):Moto Droid Bionic

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

I may try that, even though I had to fxz months back when one of my other ROMs hung and fxz was the only option. Voodoo Root Keeper works on Jelly Bean builds, right? The only root method I know of for Jelly Bean is to use Ubuntu...

You mention FXZ and preserving root in the same post, I just want to throw it out there that an FXZ will wipe EVERYTHING. Voodoo and such can't preserve it through that.

You may already know that/already done it/wasn't insinuating that. If so, carry on. Just want to make sure you didn't misunderstand.

(Unless somehow I'm mistaken? Though I'm pretty sure)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

• B.E.McAllister likes this

#277 mjs27541

mjs27541

I have no idea what's going on...

• News Writer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD
  • Current Device(s):LG G2

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:45 AM

No you're right. FXZ will take you back to bone stock. Root won't survive it.

#278 wooddale

wooddale

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 936 posts
  • LocationIl & WI

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:54 AM

Easy enough to get back though. If your messed up easiest way to get right.
  • B.E.McAllister and mjs27541 like this

#279 will4958

will4958

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

Easy enough to get back though. If your messed up easiest way to get right.

A little good news on the 4G front... I was able to get a little glimpse of the elusive 4G signal after pulling the battery and sim card, but it goes bye-bye after a brief amount of time. I've also tried the same procedure on about three different ROMs with the same results.

#280 kc69

kc69

Droid Elite

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Google+:kcmj6969@gmail.com
  • LocationEast Bernard TEXAS
  • Current Device(s):RAZR HD

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hardware issue? I use phone info app on stock based ROMs. U might give that a whirl.
TEXAS state of mind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users