Photo

[Script/Utility] ROOT RAZR HD XT926 For LOCKED Devices On 9.18.79

Root fix root exploit Droid Razr HD Root Locked Bootloader root exploit root 9.18.79 root 9.20.1 utility

• Please log in to reply
628 replies to this topic

#161 crepiduse

crepiduse

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

Thanks for clarifying this.    I know there is a qfuse that actually blocks unlocking permanently in the device also,  so I assumed they would trigger this to stop it all as well.

#162 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:01 AM

They aren't likely to do that because if they screwed up and triggered it on a dev edition device they'd be in a lot of trouble.  So while they can permanently lock the device, it's not very likely  Besides, they pretty much did with this security patch.  Dan's already looked at it and found no more security holes.  So there's no way to unlock it anyway.  Well, not without JTAG but that's another whole issue.

Non potest esse nisi unus

#163 deenug666

deenug666

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

Just loaded the Blur_Version and wiped cache partition. Then when I reboot everything is insanely slow. All Apps open with blank screens and will not respond, the circle widget is just spinning.Is this expected?

Edit: Maybe because the original OTA was the 9.20 and I tried to flash the 9.18?

#164 Demosthine

Demosthine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

I had automatically updated my replacement Razr Maxx HD as soon as I got it from Best Buy and then found out this huge problem.  I finally got around to downloading the files and updating everything, without any sort of problem.  Everything worked great, so thank you to everyone involved!  I tried using Motopocalypse just for grins and it failed as you said it would.

One clarification I might recommend is that after using Voodoo to restore, it requires a device reboot to properly restore SuperUser.

Now to check my wife's and find out if I can unlock hers before doing the updates.  She's rooted but I've had her hold off on the update until I could figure all this out.  She's still on System Version 9.16.9!

• livinginkaos likes this

#165 Demosthine

Demosthine

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

Ok, so unlocking my wife's phone went perfectly, as did restoring root access.  When I try to let it do the OTA update to Version 19.20.1, it fails upon restart.  Not that we necessarily need or want that update, but it was something that hadn't really been mentioned above that I noticed.

Now I just have to find out how to replace the Unlocked Bootloader Warning and replace it with the standard images.  I know there is a script for it on the Razr M, but I haven't found one yet for the Razr Maxx HD.  We're headed out for a date, though, so no more working on it tonight.

• livinginkaos and shane1 like this

#166 crepiduse

crepiduse

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:56 AM

Ok, so unlocking my wife's phone went perfectly, as did restoring root access.  When I try to let it do the OTA update to Version 19.20.1, it fails upon restart.  Not that we necessarily need or want that update, but it was something that hadn't really been mentioned above that I noticed.

Now I just have to find out how to replace the Unlocked Bootloader Warning and replace it with the standard images.  I know there is a script for it on the Razr M, but I haven't found one yet for the Razr Maxx HD.  We're headed out for a date, though, so no more working on it tonight.

One-Click Method---

I found this here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

But Thanks to "Orphee" on another forum,  here is what I did:

Hello,

After the unlock of the bootloader via Motorola Website, you have probably noticed the M logo has been replaced by a Warning message...

Here is the solution to restore M logo :

Extract the file in attachement in the same folder as fastboot from adb or motoapocolypse, you will find "logo.bin" file.

Enter in Fastboot mode :
- Shutdown your phone
- Push and maintain VOL DOWN and press POWER to boot your phone (A black screen with white lines should appear)
- Plug USB Cable

Flash the M Logo with fastboot :
- fastboot flash logo logo.bin (success message should appears in the DOS windows)
- Unplug USB cable
- Press POWER and the phone will shutdown
- Start your phone with long press on POWER and check your M Logo.

Attached Files

• Attached File  logo.zip   77.16KB   7 downloads

#167 thejoshman

thejoshman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

So if I have root after the 9.18.79 update could I use this tool to unlock my bootloader? Sorry if this has already been posted.

#168 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

No. Once the update has been installed there is no unlocking of the boot loader.

From My S4 Dev Edition

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#169 bjroy92

bjroy92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:@bradroy
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr Maxx HD

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

I am a new Razr Maxx HD user and want to try to root my phone for the first time. I followed Dan's work using motochopper, but I always get that root failed.  I have uninstalled the superuser app that was copied to my phne and tried to go through the motochopper file a second (and 3rd) time, but it always fails.  Can someone please tell me what is wrong or what i may be doing wrong?  Here are the specifics about my phone:

system version:  9.18.79.XT926

model number:   DROID RAZR MAXX HD

android version: 4.1.2

baseband version: VANQUISH_BP_100730.160.64.15P

kernel version: 3.0.31-g101ca72

build number: 9.8.1Q-79

Thanks

#170 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

You have to run the script in the OP of this thread.  The version you're on can't be rooted directly.  The script will downgrade, root, protect root, walk you through upgrading, and restore root.

#171 bjroy92

bjroy92

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:@bradroy
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr Maxx HD

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:19 PM

I'm not sure I'm brave enough for all that....especially with a new phone.  I guess all 4.1.2 aren't created equal.  Too bad it isn't such a simple process. Thanks for the information though.

#172 mmettlen

mmettlen

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD maxx

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:08 AM

@ SamuriHL and tucstwo (and all the other parties involved): THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your efforts. After my rooted phone has been replaced under warranty, I've been spending quite some time on the web trying to root the new razr HD maxx (JB4.1.2, 9.20.something.XT926.Verizon.en.US) as DjRBliss' motochopper always returned some error message. Following your download link in the OP, the entire procedure of downgrading, rooting, protecting root and upgrading only took me a few minutes. Finally, I can restore all my apps!

• SamuriHL and livinginkaos like this

#173 timalekson12

timalekson12

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

Worked Perfectly!!

#174 crepiduse

crepiduse

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

I'm not sure I'm brave enough for all that....especially with a new phone.  I guess all 4.1.2 aren't created equal.  Too bad it isn't such a simple process. Thanks for the information though.

Nothing to fear,  it works flawlessly, just follow the directions.

#175 generalee94

generalee94

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR HD non contract

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hi all! I'm new to this site, and I needed to post my results. I hadn't updated my Droid RAZR HD at all untill a couple of days ago. Stupidly, I didnt check up on the unlocking scene for exploits first. I had rooted my phone but at the time there was no bootloader unlocked Droid RAZR HD except for the dev version. I thought I was boned until just now. I still had the superSU app but none of my root apps worked. I thought I was stuck in a loop but I just followed the instructions in this thread up where you are supposed to flash from the sd card. I have stopped because I intend to install cyanogenmod which what what I wanted to do when I got the phone. I'm so relieved about all of this and I want to thank everyone who helped with the exploits and this thread(its the only thing that made any progress for me).

Thank You SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

IF YOUR ROOT BROKE BECAUSE OF THE OTA AND YOU HAVN'T EVER UNLOCKED YOUR BOOT LOADER, YOU AREN'T STUCK!

#176 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

Thanks so much for this tool. Great stuff.

Does anybody know if anyone is even working on unlocking the bootloader again? I've been looking at new phones but would hang on to this one if there is any hope.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#177 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

No.  Dan took a quick glance through the code and there are no more holes in the TZ.  So, we had one window of opportunity and that was it.

#178 recDNA

recDNA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

OK, time to go shopping. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

#179 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

I've posted a new version of Motochopper in the OP.  I had a revelation tonight that I think you're all going to love.  Forget downgrading, rooting, protecting root, OTA updating, restoring root...blah blah blah.  Who has time for that nonsense? :D  Just go enjoy the RAZR HD specific version of Motochopper 1.1.  As always, thank you to DJRBliss for the original Motochopper exploit.  It lives once again thanks to a small bit of "light bulb" moment I had. Enjoy!

• dvgb131 and recDNA like this

#180 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

A RAZR M user confirmed that the RAZR M version of this updated exploit worked for him on a locked updated phone.  That means the RAZR HD version will work on a locked phone, as well.  Enjoy!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Root fix, root exploit, Droid Razr HD, Root, Locked Bootloader, root, exploit, root 9.18.79, root 9.20.1, utility

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users