#81 hacklord

hacklord

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNigeria

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

i have the Motorola droid razr hd , i want to update to 4.4kit kat.

i need a proper explanation on how to do it starting from the scratch.

i hope this 4.4 is bugless and do not drain battery bcause originally am in love with my battery life.

am a new member here, shoutout to everybody contributing to this forum, more wisdom to you.

#82 our3rotts

our3rotts

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Device(s):razrm, s4

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:42 AM

So, I'm new over here, not so new to unlocking & rooting - started android quite a few years back with my ERIS.  don't know why I took until after the OTA to decide my Razr M needed it - oh yeah it was a busy last year & 1/2, no room for this hobby. It looks a bit more helpful over here for my M than @ XDA.
I've got the same name at XDA - and at Wireless Advisors (oh - the days before smart phones, they were the place!)

Nik

#83 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

So, I'm new over here, not so new to unlocking & rooting - started android quite a few years back with my ERIS.  don't know why I took until after the OTA to decide my Razr M needed it - oh yeah it was a busy last year & 1/2, no room for this hobby. It looks a bit more helpful over here for my M than @ XDA.
I've got the same name at XDA - and at Wireless Advisors (oh - the days before smart phones, they were the place!)

Nik

Welcome !  We try to help where we can.  Glad to have ya.

• our3rotts likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#84 pvrvideoman

pvrvideoman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

Hello there!

I'm here to get assistance flashing my new Razr to pageplus. I have experience doing this with the Bionic, but it is gone now; killed it when we went swimming together. Anyway, thanks for all you guys do.

Byrd

#85 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:07 PM

Hello there!

I'm here to get assistance flashing my new Razr to pageplus. I have experience doing this with the Bionic, but it is gone now; killed it when we went swimming together. Anyway, thanks for all you guys do.

Byrd

Probably still would have lost it if it went swimming by itself......

Welcome aboard. I know there are a couple threads where that was discussed. The Razr xt912 is in the legacy area. Enjoy your stay.

sent from my G3

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#86 pvrvideoman

pvrvideoman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

Where might I post this information:

I just finished unlocking and programming my second Motorola phone, the Droid Razr. It took me a few hours to figure out what I needed and what was not needed. In the end, I had to follow less than half of the steps posted (by snoop1979 on howardforums) to get the phone working. First off, I bought a "new" Razr through Amazon. Next, after getting past the activation screen using the four corner touch, I was able to find out what version of Android the phone is running - 4.1.2. This version is higher than the one used in the process of wiping the phone, and updating it with the 211 update leak (4.0.4) Also I wasn't sure if the Droid Razr utility (1.82) would work properly since the phone doesn't have ICS on it. As far as I could tell, the update utility requires that ICS be installed on the phone already. Anyway, when I realized (it had to be Divine intervention) that I would be downgrading the OS, I decided to skip that part of the process, and begin unlocking and reprogramming the phone. It went very smoothly, and a few minutes later, I was talking with my mom on my new phone. I hope this helps someone else. Reading through forum posts, trying to find the answer to my specific questions was disheartening. But I am really excited now.

Byrd

#87 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

Where might I post this information:

I just finished unlocking and programming my second Motorola phone, the Droid Razr. It took me a few hours to figure out what I needed and what was not needed. In the end, I had to follow less than half of the steps posted (by snoop1979 on howardforums) to get the phone working. First off, I bought a "new" Razr through Amazon. Next, after getting past the activation screen using the four corner touch, I was able to find out what version of Android the phone is running - 4.1.2. This version is higher than the one used in the process of wiping the phone, and updating it with the 211 update leak (4.0.4) Also I wasn't sure if the Droid Razr utility (1.82) would work properly since the phone doesn't have ICS on it. As far as I could tell, the update utility requires that ICS be installed on the phone already. Anyway, when I realized (it had to be Divine intervention) that I would be downgrading the OS, I decided to skip that part of the process, and begin unlocking and reprogramming the phone. It went very smoothly, and a few minutes later, I was talking with my mom on my new phone. I hope this helps someone else. Reading through forum posts, trying to find the answer to my specific questions was disheartening. But I am really excited now.

Byrd

Welcome to our humble community...... I'm glad you found your way here

While I'm glad you were able to get your device up and running (from what ever "issues" it may have been having).... I'm a bit confused, you are talking about a RAZR .... Then unlocking......and an extremely outdated utility.......lol .. Exactly which RAZR do you have ?....so we can point you in the right direction (we want to make sure you don't inadvertently break your newly acquired device)... The razr (xt 912) is not unlockable in any sense, bootloader or sim....... The RAZR HD (xt926) is in-fact unlockable as is the RAZR M (xt907).......

Again, welcome

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#88 KFTheTruth

KFTheTruth

n00b

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:@KFTheTruth
  • LocationNorth America
  • Current Device(s):SGP Blackphone & Razr HD Maxx xt926

Posted 13 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

Good Evening Everyone. I am about seven months overdue for an introduction! I joined DroidRzr because of the amount of knowledge and the DEDICATED developers on this site. I have a Razr Maxx and I intend on keeping it for sometime and I know I can rely on this site just as much as XDA. I'm just a fresh college graduate with too much time on my hands. Hopefully, I can contribute whatever I can to help the community. Keep up the great work everyone and welcome to all the Noobs!

{How do I get that removed} lol

#89 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

{How do I get that removed} lol

by posting more. :)

sent from my G3

• KFTheTruth likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos

#90 HASHAM

HASHAM

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

hi friends

#91 HASHAM

HASHAM

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

hi friends

#92 VortiFred

VortiFred

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr HD (XT925_rtfr)

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:52 AM

Hello, I am new member and Razr HD XT925 retail FR owner.

My current system version is 98.21.22003.XT925.CEE-Retail.en.EU (Android JB 4.1.2) with build number 9.8.2Q-8-XT925_VQU-22.

I am interresting to make a full backup before installing OTA update v.180.46.117.en.EU, I've been notified to download.

I think to root the device to proceed backup and your web site seems to be a good place to find what I want.

Best regards.

#93 JCutrone

JCutrone

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationVA Beach
  • Current Device(s):XT907

Posted 29 September 2014 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for welcoming this old noob submarine sailor.  I want to learn the easiest way to replace my stock ROM KitKat 4.4.2  on my Razr M I have it rooted but am not sure how to proceed.  A step by step guide would be best.

#94 azizb

azizb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:16 PM

hey friends,

Just join in today.. great to be in great forums such as droid razor.

let me know if anyone have my answer to this question

my Razr M XT907 keep stucking on the boot screen. any one could help i would appreciate your input

thanks.

#95 utems

utems

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:37 AM

hello guys, 

joined here for the reason of how to disable modem fastdormancy service stuff on XT 907 after upgrade to 4.4.2

this service drained the battery so fast, and most annoying thing its crippling my phone with constant black screen and reboot.

my phone is not rooted and BL is locked, cant go to that path as my version already 182.46.15.

hopefully I can get the answer here.

#96 blini

blini

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):motorola droid razr xt 912 verizon

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

hi to all is a good forum  thanks

#97 javedahemad

javedahemad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationindia
  • Current Device(s):Moto XT912

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:39 PM

Hello
Greetings from India.
Thank you for the complete informations for droid phones.
  • soocold likes this

#98 meidjoi

meidjoi

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:36 AM

hii nice to join this forum... :)

• soocold likes this

#99 sobitthen

sobitthen

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSuperior-WI-USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Atrix HD

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:17 PM

Noobs rule...

Waiting on some love for the Atrix HD, keep it coming...

Atrix HD on latest JBBL CM11 Nightly

#100 ThonyMelendrez

ThonyMelendrez

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLeon,gto.Mexico
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR M xt907

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:31 AM

Hi there, im not a noob on this, but im on this forum, anyways im here to see what new stuff can i get for the Mtorola xt907, there is a lot of Spanish forums than dont have the fortune of having all goodies for this device, asnd my comitment is to Read, Understand, Learn, and than Translate to all my psanish speaking friends in my Country (Mexico) and also in the Latin American countrys, Bless to all.! and keep developing, modding and testing!!!

it feels funny to be a new member in a forum again xD

• soocold likes this

FirmaTerminado.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new users, noob, noobs, search, please search, use search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users