n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Device(s):razr maxx hd

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:27 AM

Hello Droid warriors!

I'm new around here. I've been carrying a Droid RAZR Maxx HD for two years this month. Its been a great business tool as well as an entertaining pass-time. This week all that ended as it has crapped out on me with the "stuck at the big red eye" boot problem. Not willing to simply let it go, I began searching for droid know-how in hopes of resurrecting my old friend.

Browsing around the droidrzr.com site for a day, it was easy to see that this community has the technical expertise and willingness to help n00bs like me that I had hoped to find. I'm looking forward to lurking among you. I have much to learn before I'll be posting much unless there happens to be a droid device that is programmed in FORTRAN.

Thanks in advance to all you who are contributors here.

#102 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:35 AM

"Droid warriors".... I like that :) ......
Welcome to droidrzr

The simple answer is look for the House of Moto :):)

if you follow the directions, it'll cure what ails you :) :) (well, your phone anyway)

• bfootelder80 likes this

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#103 Drizzt

Drizzt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

I'm new here.  Just bought my son a Droid Razr Maxx XT912 for his lapdock100 and also upgrading from Tracfone iPhone 4S.  I am interested in rooting his phone with the version of ROM that allows him to continue to use the lapdock.  You guys are super cool for helping noobs like us in expanding our options rather than being stuck in factory OTA.  Cheers mates!

Drizzt

• soocold likes this

#104 Timdawg42

Timdawg42

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:56 PM

Aloha all! Just another new member noob checking in to say hi. I've had the itch to mess around and upgrade etc. my computers and phones since DOS and 3.11 with a whopping 16MB first hard drive! Thanks Mods for being here to help and support us folks with questions and problems. I recognize your volunteered efforts and bow before you with thanks and greetings. Hello to all, peace.

#105 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

Welcome to DroidRzr.  Will be glad to help you find what you need.  I too date back to the old dos and unix days.

#106 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:33 PM

Welcome to DroidRzr. Will be glad to help you find what you need. I too date back to the old dos and unix days.

Dont lie to the user... They didn't have PC's in caves back then :o .

On a serious note... This is actually my first time posting in this tread... So Welcome all..

Sent from my VS980 4G

• spainter likes this

new_animated_sig.gif

#107 rgphoto

rgphoto

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD XT926, Droid Turbo

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:00 PM

Hello Android enthusiasts!

I am new to the DIY software/firmware/os world for my phones. I have been forced into this role, as Verizon has all but abandoned us Droid Razr Maxx HD users in terms of their showroom-level tech support, in the obvious interest of selling us more phones. Personally, due to employer requirements, I did not have a choice, but to replace my phone with one of the newer offerings, which, sadly, do not include some of my favorite features (ie- HDMI output). Now that my Razr Maxx HD is offline, I want to try and get it working again. It was stuck in the "eye" display during bootup. A factory reset from the boot menu was ineffective, but I was able to get it into "fastboot" mode, and to "see" the usb connection to my PC. At least it was a start. After downloading a bunch of tools (Android SDK Manager, USB Deview, an assortment of drivers and more), I am at a loss as to which steps to take and which files to download to restore the phone. It had been a great tool until they forced an update to Kit Kat, and the phone had been in a spiral decline ever since, drooping battery life from 32 hours to less than 8, experiencing various App errors and screen anomalies, and other issues. Again, Verizon was no help at all, blaming the issues on Motorola. 

In any case, all roads seem to point to your group as the best place for info and reprogramming assistance, and I thank you for your welcome to the group. Hopefully, I will be able to add to the conversation as i learn to deal with these things.

Happy Memorial Day to you and your families, and THANK YOU to all veterans, families of service people and active members of our services!

-RG

#108 rgphoto

rgphoto

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD XT926, Droid Turbo

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

BTW...The model I am trying to revive is XT926

#109 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6, Moto X Pure Edition, 2013 Moto X DE, Droid Razr Maxx HD, 2013 Nexus 7 LTE, LG G Pad X 8.3

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

The android sdk is a good set of tools for what they were designed for but not for the motorola.  Here is the first thing to look at and read carefully before starting to revive your maxx hd.  First do you know what version of android you were on.  It will save a few steps if you do know. Second, House of Moto 4.1

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Read and read again before starting out.  That tool will help you as it has many others,  Pay attention to paths, drivers, and cables, they are what causes most problems.

#110 nobe1976

nobe1976

I Void Warranties

• Developer
  • 1,303 posts
  • Twitter:@nobe1976
  • LocationWhere I AM
  • Current Device(s):LG G2, ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶, Motorola Bionic, Viewsonic GTablet

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:36 PM

The android sdk is a good set of tools for what they were designed for but not for the motorola. Here is the first thing to look at and read carefully before starting to revive your maxx hd. First do you know what version of android you were on. It will save a few steps if you do know. Second, House of Moto 4.1

Read and read again before starting out. That tool will help you as it has many others, Pay attention to paths, drivers, and cables, they are what causes most problems.
I will have to agree... HOM is a must eeded tool to revive that sleeping beast. The android sdk is not really needed since SamuriHL has the tools needed in that tread. The SnapDragon tools has the adb.exe and fastboot.exe desighned for the Motorola device. Android SDK has binaries better suited for the Nexus devices. Just read the tread a few times over and understand it before attempting it.You stated this happened on the update to 4.4. Was the device already bootloader unlocked when this happened or was it pure stock? There are different ways that bootloader unlock devices have to update to ensure that the device boots properly after it updates.

To add to this I did notice the

link is not coming up any longer. Tried on mobile device so it might be different on desktop. If you need the starting firmware for the .10 update I can upload it for you. It will take some time, but please search around before asking.. Thanks.Sent from my VS980 4G

new_animated_sig.gif

#111 b8two

b8two

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:09 AM

Hi all,

I'm posting here to fix my wife's  Razr M  xt905 (Australian Telstra variety)

the phone was self power cycling daily (don't know cause) the last week or so until it was stuck in its now state, boot loop (or at least boot logo continuous).

from what i have read on here i need HOM (downloaded) and firmware (can't find any current links for xt905).

the phone can get into fastboot but no other options work from the boot menu. 

bootloader is locked.

it once had root but i can't remember what method i used 2 years ago to get write access to the rom..

The phone kept running out of space due to apps not cleaning up after themselves, so about 6 months ago i did a factory reset (my wife didn't like that I did this) and i didn't bother about restoring root access.

everything was fine except a modified host file (adaway) that prevented some links working (my wife dosn't know this is why).

last thing, I'm a n00b to this forum but not much else. I tend to succeed to root, fix, manipulate, flash devices i have or asked to help others with information from wonderful forum resources such as this.

I don't often ask for help but after following so many dead links and spending most of the day on this, I need help to find the firmware (please no search here... i've had enough dead ends)

regards B

p.s. also trying to get my wife to buy a new phone but lets start with the easier task....

#112 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:45 AM

When finding firmware google is your friend.

With a locked bootloader you can flash the current version of firmware or newer.  If you try to flash an older version you will get a security error.and the flash will fail.  Follow the setup in House of Moto 4.3 exactly, motorola usb cable and a usb 2.0 port from the computer not a hub.

#113 formulabird89

formulabird89

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:giddyupformula
  • LocationSouthern Delaware
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:52 PM

Good evening all.  I found this forum searching for a way to optimize my xt912 razr maxx, running jb.

Prior I had a droid x which I love LOVED until one night it would no longer power on.  A little slow with the new apps, but a good unit.  I'm grandfathered with data, so the xt912 was 100% out of pocket (ouch). I only have apps installed that I use every day, but the phone is ridiculously slow, even after clearing cache so I was considering root and this site seems like a good place for guidance.

I will do a bit more more reading before pulling the trigger but  I'm really looking forward to cleaning out the garbage and having a nice fast phone again and kitkat would be awesome so thanks in advance and talk with you soon.

Bonnie

#114 rickw

rickw

corvette dude

• Administrator
  • 1,951 posts
  • Google+:rickwebb001@gmail.com
  • LocationDelaware
  • Current Device(s):S4 dev edition,moto x dev,Nexus 6

Posted 11 November 2015 - 03:55 PM

welcome to the site Bonnie,if you need help I'm sure we can find a helper

#115 infinitive4u

infinitive4u

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationindia
  • Current Device(s):moto xt 907

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:31 AM

hii all,

my self prajapati ankit, from india. m passionate about trying new things,   m owner at mobile shop, i provide downloading, downgrading, unlocking services to coustomer, m also installing custom roms for various mobiles, specially samsung, now m also entering the wold of motorola for better growth, and opportunity.

ust need some, basics knowladge of flashing and unbricking the motorola devices. i glad to join this community.

i hope , it will be remarkable achivement for me to joing u guys.

thanks for allow me to being a member of ur world, 

thank u

#116 Rickc

Rickc

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):Driod razr XT912

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:15 AM

Hello,thank you for having me,and thank all of you acknowledging us veterans..

• spainter likes this

#117 spainter

spainter

Droid Oracle

• 3,339 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:34 AM

Hello,thank you for having me,and thank all of you acknowledging us veterans..

Welcome to a great forum. You will find a lot of very friendly people here. Hopefully you will enjoy your time here.

Many of us here are also Veterans.

#118 PHXRAY

PHXRAY

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPhoenix
  • Current Device(s):XT1080

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:24 PM

Hello to all:

NOOB PHXRAY here. New to this whole forum bit so, please be gentle! Currently running an XT1080. Have just resurrected my old XT907 and having problems with charging. So, I'll go fish around the search engine first and see if I can find an answer. Look forward to working with everyone!

Enjoy your day!

PHXRAY

#119 bfootelder80

bfootelder80

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationtillinois
  • Current Device(s):vzw moto droid rzr xt912

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:25 AM

Hello All!

Im new to this site.. a old friend turned me on to yall.

Im not gonna beat around the bush... I have a VZW Moto Rzr XT219. It is bricked ATM. By my own hand...    Anyway Any help in the right direction would be GREATLY appreciated. He told me to find Matt's utility xt912.  and @ others to get this fixed...   The Right Way..  

Thanx for the ti,e and any help..

Bf00t

#120 Ih8cheaters

Ih8cheaters

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWherehubbiescheat
  • Current Device(s):Moto g4 play

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:19 PM

Hi new user here just trying to learn knowledge is power! Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new users, noob, noobs, search, please search, use search

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users