Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

UPDATE: SINCE SPC_HICKS09 RELEASED A FLASHABLE ZIP FILE WITH THE BEATS MOD AND THE OTA ICS IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, I AM STOPPING SUPPORT OF THIS OUTDATED METHOD TO INSTALLING THE MOD. I KNOW THERE ARE ISSUES WITH MOUNTING SYSTEM AS ROOT IN ADB AND IT IS TOO ANNOYING TO FIX THEM SO JUST HEAD OVER TO HICKS POST AND FLASH FLASH FLASH!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

NOTICE: IF YOU DO NOT SEE THE BEATS APP IN YOUR APP DRAWER AFTER REBOOT (ICS ONLY) USE ROOT BROWSER/ES FILE EXPLORER TO BROWSE TO /SYSTEM/APP AND INSTALL THE BEATSCONTROL APP

Hey guys

I modified mattlgroff's Droid RAZR Utility 1.6 to only include 2 options and those options are installing the BEATS Audio Mod that spc_hicks09 made for ICS and GB!

The gingerbread option DOES NOT include the BEATS app since it is not compatible with gingerbread.

All you have to do is download the zip from the link below and extract it to your desktop. Then open the BeatsHack.bat and select the option you want :D

Wait for the installation to fully complete!!! Your phone should reboot TWICE!!! Also make sure that USB Debugging is enabled on your phone.

Enjoy!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

(THANK YOU XBOT!!!!)

PS: If you like this utility, feel free to hit the like button in the bottom right cormer :)
  • Admin, lownslow200sx, bobguyman and 9 others like this
Posted Image

#2 tommyleeruiz

tommyleeruiz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:tommyleeruiz
  • Google+:tommyleeruiz@gmail.com

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:02 AM

will this work on .209 leak?

#3 risenequinox

risenequinox

Non Sub Bread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:_JMARvelous_
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

will this work on .209 leak?

I will let you know soon.

Edit 1:So far it hangs at Daemon Started successfully for me. Tried it ins USB Mass Storage and MTP modes both with USB Debugging enabled. Will try a reboot.

Edit 2: No success. .209 ICS Leak.

AbstractWallpapers_00059copy.jpg

#4 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

Sorry guys i totally messed up the ICS install option. I will fix it ASAP and let you know when link is updated.

Sent from my ICS Leak RAZR
Posted Image

#5 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

Sorry guys i totally messed up the ICS install option. I will fix it ASAP and let you know when link is updated.

I am running .79... will this installer work on that? Makes me worry when I just read that it has to flash .85 kernel... I don't want to flash a non fastbootable leak if I can avoid it....

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR

#6 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

I am running .79... will this installer work on that? Makes me worry when I just read that it has to flash .85 kernel... I don't want to flash a non fastbootable leak if I can avoid it....

You only have to flash the. 85 kernel if you are on anything higher than. 85

Since you are on. 79, all you need to do is use option 1 to install mod

Posted Image

#7 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

Talk about frustrating! I just downloaded the new utility so that I can finally have working beats on my .79 ICS leak.... unzipped and ran the beatshack MS-DOS Batch File (It's 11KB BTW)... says daemon not running blah blah port 5037 loads and says daemon running then goes to another screen that says "BEATS Hack Install .... by Alex.Abraham... Thanks to spc_hicks09" under that heading it says "PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE" under that it says "Press any key to continue . . ." When I push any key it simply closes the utility. EVERYTIME.... I don't think I was meant to have the beats hack.... Why am I having so much trouble getting it to work on my phone? I tried running the utility with phone unplugged, phone plugged in, tried running it with phone in mass storage, media device(MTP) and camera(PTP) I even tried turning off USB Debugging (I know... how dumb, it has to be on)..... any of the above combinations do not have any effect on the utility, it always closes after I hit any key. What am I doing wrong? My PC is Windows XP 32 SP3.... Never had any issue using Matt's utility before, (Last one I used was 1.41... rooted with it before installing the .79 leak) so I doubt it's a problem with my computer, but maybe I'm just overlooking something stupid.

#8 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

Talk about frustrating! I just downloaded the new utility so that I can finally have working beats on my .79 ICS leak.... unzipped and ran the beatshack MS-DOS Batch File (It's 11KB BTW)... says daemon not running blah blah port 5037 loads and says daemon running then goes to another screen that says "BEATS Hack Install .... by Alex.Abraham... Thanks to spc_hicks09" under that heading it says "PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE" under that it says "Press any key to continue . . ." When I push any key it simply closes the utility. EVERYTIME.... I don't think I was meant to have the beats hack.... Why am I having so much trouble getting it to work on my phone? I tried running the utility with phone unplugged, phone plugged in, tried running it with phone in mass storage, media device(MTP) and camera(PTP) I even tried turning off USB Debugging (I know... how dumb, it has to be on)..... any of the above combinations do not have any effect on the utility, it always closes after I hit any key. What am I doing wrong? My PC is Windows XP 32 SP3.... Never had any issue using Matt's utility before, (Last one I used was 1.41... rooted with it before installing the .79 leak) so I doubt it's a problem with my computer, but maybe I'm just overlooking something stupid.

I have to say that is very strange :(

Try this and let me know what it says:

1) Extract the Beats folder to your Desktop
2) Start > Run (or hit win key + r to open run window)
3) Type in "cmd" (without quotes) and hit enter
4) Type in "cd Desktop" (without quotes)
5) Type in "cd Beats" (without quotes)
6) Type in "BeatsHack" (without quotes)

You should now see the BeatsHack startup screen. Let me know if you get to the menu options
Posted Image

#9 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

I have to say that is very strange :(

Try this and let me know what it says:

1) Extract the Beats folder to your Desktop
2) Start > Run (or hit win key + r to open run window)
3) Type in "cmd" (without quotes) and hit enter
4) Type in "cd Desktop" (without quotes)
5) Type in "cd Beats" (without quotes)
6) Type in "BeatsHack" (without quotes)

You should now see the BeatsHack startup screen. Let me know if you get to the menu options

followed these instructions... was able to start the installer (with option 1) after selecting option 1 it freezes at the "daemon started successfully"

Should the phone be in "mass storage" mode? Obviously USB debugging should be turned on... are there any other settings on the phone that could be conflicting with the utility?

edit: strange now that I extracted the utility to the desktop (instead of my download folder) if I launch the utility from the desktop it will load normally... still freezes at the "daemon started successfully" after selecting option 1 then pressing any key to continue

edit 2: btw I actually know how to navigate through command prompt (AKA DOS) I still remember from my old MS-DOS 3.0 days lol <----- now that dates me lmao.... anyway, thanks Alex for spelling it out for any other member that doesn't know how to do so.... your extra mile in description is welcomed in this community and is a good quality in a "tech support" role.

#10 risenequinox

risenequinox

Non Sub Bread

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:_JMARvelous_
  • LocationOhio
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S4

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

downloaded your updated version, worked great for me thank you!!

AbstractWallpapers_00059copy.jpg

#11 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Update: I dusted off my laptop to attempt running the utility on Windows Vista 64.... Have the exact same outcome... the utility loads fine, but it freezes at "daemon started successfully" after selecting the first option... I know that I have all the correct drivers installed, as I can run RSDlite or Matt's utility and they both can see my phone when plugged in... Can anybody else running the .79 ICS leak confirm that this utility works? Maybe it's just not possible on the .79 ICS leak....

#12 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Update: I dusted off my laptop to attempt running the utility on Windows Vista 64.... Have the exact same outcome... the utility loads fine, but it freezes at "daemon started successfully" after selecting the first option... I know that I have all the correct drivers installed, as I can run RSDlite or Matt's utility and they both can see my phone when plugged in... Can anybody else running the .79 ICS leak confirm that this utility works? Maybe it's just not possible on the .79 ICS leak....

What type of USB connection do you set the phone to when you plug in the USB cable?

#13 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

What type of USB connection do you set the phone to when you plug in the USB cable?

I usually set it to mass storage, but I have tried it in "media device (MTP)" and also "camera (PTP)" and came up with the same result.... not to mention I've already tried to install this by using your manual method.... I am really starting to wonder if this mod can't be applied to the .79 ICS leak....

#14 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

It can run on any leak.

Something is obviously wrong with either your USB port, your USB Cable, or something. Other people have used the utility that Alex made so there is some reason your computer is not recognizing your phone. I can assure you all this stuff works and it works on every single leak.

#15 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

It can run on any leak.

Something is obviously wrong with either your USB port, your USB Cable, or something. Other people have used the utility that Alex made so there is some reason your computer is not recognizing your phone. I can assure you all this stuff works and it works on every single leak.

I don't mean to be a downer, but I tried the manual method first... followed your directions... have all the appropriate files in the correct folders in my /system folder... all "bin" files are in my /system/bin folder... all "etc" files are in my /system/etc folder, the apk is in my /system/app folder... I can open the app, but the controls have no bearing on any sound output, either phone speaker, headset, or bluetooth.... tried them with a mp3 file I have saved on my phone using the google music app and also tried with Pandora... I have also made sure that the system settings > sound > music effects setting has been switched from MusicFX to BEATSControl.... for some reason this mod does not want to work for me.... strangely, even if I have "BEATSControl" selected instead of MusicFX the musicfx controls on the bottom of the sound menu work...(Unfortunately those settings do not adjust the bluetooth audio effects, which is why I'd love to have the beats dsp manager) I am almost ready to fastboot back to .744 and start all over from scratch...

As for the usb cable.. it is a good cable... and my drivers are up to date on both computers I've tried... I just might have to fastboot... there must be a reason that even with the manual install that the app has no bearing on any audio stream.... Maybe there's something off with this phone... I got it "certified preowned" (It's a MAXX that they sent to replace my OG RAZR) when I received it, it had .181 already on it... maybe I just need to fastboot it to .744 OTA to .748 OTA to .173 OTA to .181, root it with Matt's utility, and then voodoo, then finally reinstall my .79 ICS leak... just to make sure I have a completely clean slate... maybe they jacked it up somewhere down the line when they "certified" it....

#16 Linuss

Linuss

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

I installed Beats on my 0.79 leak of ICS and now I can't play music that is on my phone. I can stream it over Google Music, but despite having 3gb of music actually on my phone, it won't play it because it can't even detect it. I even re-loaded all the music back on to the SD card to see if that'd fix it, restarted the phone, turned off all the Beats options... still no joy.

Beats screwed something up.

EDIT: Odd. Turned off Beats by going to the running apps and stopping the program, and I can play all my music now.

#17 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

I installed Beats on my 0.79 leak of ICS and now I can't play music that is on my phone. I can stream it over Google Music, but despite having 3gb of music actually on my phone, it won't play it because it can't even detect it. I even re-loaded all the music back on to the SD card to see if that'd fix it, restarted the phone, turned off all the Beats options... still no joy.

Beats screwed something up.

EDIT: Odd. Turned off Beats by going to the running apps and stopping the program, and I can play all my music now.

Crazy question for you... did your beats control app allow you to change eq settings? For some reason I cannot get it to change any sound output... I am also on the .79 leak...

#18 JNagy

JNagy

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAkron, Ohio

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Make sure you "BP tools" after each reboot, even while its install the beats hack (ie: during the batch process it reboots a few times)

I have spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. -W.B. Yeats

#19 DrDiff

DrDiff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Twitter:@DrDiff952
  • Google+:DrDiff
  • LocationNorthWest Indiana

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

Just wanted to say that install went smooth no app but I'm on .181
So I knew not found look for it. Thanks to everyone!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

#20 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Been on XDA for a while and couldn't find the BEATS mod for the RAZR so I signed up here just to search and bang there it is, will be flashing later tonight once I get home.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BEATS ics, gb, mod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users