• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#61 money mike

money mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'm like most of you and I use my phone for pretty much everything. It's much more convenient for me to grab my phone sitting next to me than get my laptop or desktop booted up. This website has everything you need to know about your RAZR. The most influential person for me would be birdman because he talked me into getting rid of my blackberry and picking up an og droid years ago. Motorola is where it's at even with the locked bootloaders. I have the original RAZR.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#62 cconcepts

cconcepts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

This phone has been the best purchase i have made in years. Phone wise anyway....lol this forum has helped me and countless
Others in every way possible. I always check this forum for any thing i might need concerning my phone in any way and i always get the help i need. Im no stranger to modding phones i have been involved ever since the original razr came out years ago.....there was nothing as fun to me as using a hex editor to turn on disco rhythm lights and other effects on my old razr! Times and phones have really changed since then and only for the better. I love my phone and this forum.

I have a Razr. (But no twitter account.... lol)
Entered.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#63 DroidRazrpro

DroidRazrpro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationVancouver , BC

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Only think I want White Case I mean everyone in here have one RAzr.

#64 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

DroidRzr.com has helped me to get closer to people, get into deving a bit myself and assume some responsibility by being a moderator. I love my Razr Maxx! It lasts me all day and it's screen is freaking epic!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#65 emotionap1

emotionap1

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSC & NC

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

I recently walked into a Verizon store and fell in love with this curvy white girl... She's a fiesty one though that loves to give you that evil smirk, continuously calling you a droid, and frequently going into hectic spasms as though someone is choking her. She's a looker with that curved body of hers. The luscious kevlar on her back generally turns me on in the morning and I have to plug her in to remind her who's boss. Although sometimes she catches me looking at other women, she knows that she's the girl for me. I could never replace that battery of hers. And that's okay with me. :)

I have a white Razr. And yes, she does turn me on.
  • tbaybe02 likes this
Motorola Razr - Palm Centro - Palm Pre - Samsung Epic 4G - White iPhone 4 - White Motorola Droid Razr

#66 Johngi559

Johngi559

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Twitter:@_johngi
  • Google+:Johnny Hernandez

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

I love my OG razr because it gives me the function of tethering 4g wifi on my girlfriends Mac;) Im in school now and most of time I'm just on the laptop reading this website. I always appreciate the fast responses I receive whenever I have a problem. Thanks for reading my short story ha:D

#67 Shueking

Shueking

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:Shueking

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

Hi, i am from Malaysia. I bought the motorola razr after my motorola backflip that i bought 2-3 years back spoiled. When i knew about this phone, i instantly wanted to buy it. This is a great phone. I been using it for almost a month already. I am using the motorola razr, not razr maxx. The battery life is great! I can go online, play games and listen to music all day long without it failing me. I once made a bet with my friend. My friend did not believe that this phone was waterproof. He said if i prove him wrong he'd treat me dinner. So, poured some water on my phone and even let my friend played it when i was doing that. In the end, my friend lost the bet and i got free dinner thanks to this phone! I. Absolutely love this phone, i even sleep with it when im going to bed. This phone never dissapointed me. And that is how much i love and greatfull to have this phone. Hopefully, i'll win another or win this giveaway! *fingers cross*

#68 freestylesno

freestylesno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:28 AM

Got my first droid when the droid incredible came out had to preorder it and waited a month to finally get it. (I have quite the story with that phone involves cooking it in the oven,,, but it is the razr you want to hear about. after pronouncing my incredible broken after many repairs i got a Samsung fascinate off ebay. Talk about a step down from the inc even being a newer phone then my inc it was a extreme disappointment. When i finaly had an upgrade i was hesitant on up grading at the time the razr was out and the galaxy nexus. I like how tough the razer sounded but the biggest thing i missed from my incredible was the roms so i like the nexus. How ever the verizon version was sounding like a bit of a disappointment. The thing with both phones was the size i liked how small my inc was compared to the fascinate, so nether phone was the size i wanted. When i heard about the Maxx i was sold on the idea of great battery life. So i ended up getting the Maxx.
My experience with the razer has been good i love the life of the battery and i love the power of the phone.The only two things i am disappointed in are how strong the phone really is i managed to easily crack the screen of the phone and leave the glass looking like new. since there is nothing on the back but the thin Kevlar and then the battery. Now im constantly afraid of breaking the thing again. Im also disappointed in the rom up untill recently I had a ICS rom on my inc last fall yet i have just recently been able to use them on my maxx as daily drivers.

#69 miceandmen

miceandmen

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hey, so this is my story
I got my wonderful RAZR when my friend Cody bought it for me, as part of a buy one get one free deal, and I fell in love with it.
At that point of time, my life wasn't going too great for me, so that really made me happy, having the best phone available at the time
My sister was needing surgery for her back, my dad was basically ignoring me, and I was failing my sophmore year
I'm probably one of the youngest members on this site, at 15, but I am one of the most insane crackflashers here xD
I love this site so much- from testing the betas of hick's Koa, to spending 2 hours, RSDing twice just to get to .210
2 months ago, I broke my beloved RAZR. Fortunately, I was able to get a new one. But the one I sent back ended up getting lost, and now I have to send back my RAZR, being left phoneless.
Being a 15 year old, my life REVOLVES around my social life, and more specifically, my phone.
I don't want to leave this site, and leave the friends I've made here
This entire community is so welcoming, so loving, so friendly, it's the best website I've found my entire life
If you have an issue, anyone in the chat room always helps you
This is a loving place, where people make roms 24/7, and friends brick their phones just to get a new leak
I wasn't sure of what this site was when I came here, but I know what it is now.
It's a community. It's a friendship. It's the best place in the world

-Mice
  • FriskyChipmunk likes this

#70 FriskyChipmunk

FriskyChipmunk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:MitchellRayy

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

I got a RAZR MAXX because iPhones suck. I had a friend bring me to the that realization and i will be forever in his debt. It seems like all i do with my phone is play BaseBall SuperStars 2012, which should be about all i need to do. I found this forum today and loved how people just were kind and by the looks of every post and topic there just seemed like a general positivity to the website which needs to be expanded to the world...sadly it wont.
Oh yea i would love a white case:)
RAZR MAXX

#71 DTrainMusikVein

DTrainMusikVein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Google+:donotippett21
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

I like turtles.

Droid Razr OG

#72 thetruckdoctor

thetruckdoctor

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:thetruckdoctor
  • Google+:mrichmondm1

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:50 AM

The Razr hands down greatest phone I've ever had. But then again it's the first and only Android device I own maybe I need something to compare it to?

#73 Ahowe125

Ahowe125

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Twitter:Ahowe125
  • Google+:Aaron Howe
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):VZW HTC One, Nexus 7

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hey guys, I think its awesome your doing these giveaways. I'm pretty new to this site, but not to Motorola. I have used a Droid X for the last year and a half, and bought my Razr from a buddy used. He recently upgraded to the Maxx, and gave me a great price on it. I absolutely love this phone as much as my Droid X. I really wanted to upgrade for the 4g speeds, and I ended up getting a much better phone. I'm a pretty average user, but like with my Droid X, I am going to get into custom ROMs to open up even more potential on this phone.

I can already tell this site is going to become my new best friend, with all its Devs and information. I was hanging out in the chat room yesterday, and it was awesome how helpful people where with questions and answers. No one was called stupid for asking, and every question simple or hard was answered.

And I almost forgot to add I have a normal black Razr.

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on Eclipse v1.2 GPE Port |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4 |

#74 DroidRazrpro

DroidRazrpro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationVancouver , BC

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

Please I love to have TBH because as everyone knows my phone is in flash mode and there is no more TBH its out of stock so its like I can't have a phone for 1 month :(

#75 marxman3

marxman3

• Developer
  • 290 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

I just want to thank the devs and everyone else on the site for all of their helpful comments. I've found that I have an addiction to flashing ROMs and Mods. Along the way I've bricked my phone on more than one occasion. Thankfully when I'm in a bind I can get the info I need to fix my screw ups. That wouldn't be possible without the help of everyone here.

As far as the sob story I'll keep it short - I'm in the middle of a nasty divorce, my ex has everything and almost all my money goes to my ex (even though she has no bills and I buy all the kids things) and the lawyer I have been forced to hire to keep my kids in my life. The worst part is my kids are the ones who get hurt because I now can't spend money on them. In fact, for father's day my 10 year old emptied her piggy bank and gave me all her money because she sees our struggle. Not exactly a great feeling for a Dad.

I had told my teenage son I would finally get him a smart phone, but I can't add a line (money and I already have an extra one I can't use). Right now he is using my OG droid, but half the touch screen is broke. I'd love to be able to get him the Razr and use the site to teach him how to make his phone exactly what he wants from it.

I think it's fantastic that the site is giving back to all those that help noobs like myself. The only way to learn is to ask questions, and someone here is always willing to help out. Thank you!

-OG Razr

Edited by marxman3, 18 June 2012 - 12:37 PM.

• bnb likes this

#76 Haloman800

Haloman800

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Twitter:@AbrahamAnderso2

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

I have a Razr Maxx

Ever since the OG Droid came out, I was looking for something that suited my needs. I tried out nearly every Android phone, and all were lacking. By the time I had an upgrade available, the two choices were the Galaxy Nexus, and the Razr Maxx. The GNEX had some very glaring problems (Which I won't mention, to keep this review positive :D), but the MAXX had everything I wanted, excellent build quality, beautiful screen, strong radio bands, and most importantly: A 22 hour battery life!

I use my phone constantly, and coupled with Verizon's blazing fast 4GLTE and an unlimited data plan, a measly 1600-1800mAH battery wouldn't cut it.

This phone has been amazing, I haven't had any problems with it.

@AbrahamAnderso2 on twitter. Tweeting you right now.

#77 bnb

bnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Alright, I'm not gonna cut around the edges here. I'm a techno-wiz for over 10 years of my life, have always loved tech going from high school to grad school. I love pc's, and now phones?? Wait, did I just say that? Phones? A guy who built his own high octane PC at age 16, water cooled to perfection, is now "downgrading" his love into the phone biz? Hardly. After losing my blackberry 3 months ago, (felt like the worst day of my life), I decided to pick up a G-Nex with ICS preloaded already. I loved it, well, for only about a month, because I had experienced (3 phones over) that this terrible loud beeping noise throughout calls was occuring. I was like, "wth"? So I said "screw it" and called Verizon and had them send me a Razr Maxx. That wasn't easy since I was really only supposed to switch out for the same phone but I knew this problem I was having with the G-Nex wasn't going to get any better.

Fast forward to today. I bricked my phone over a dozen times and reloaded it with just about every leak, build, rom you name it! I customized every single itty bitty part from the menus to the colors to the dial pad to the sounds and you name it! I have re-developed my thirst for technology again, one that was starting to get lost after grad school. I no longer seemed to care anymore and became quite jaded that is, until I had a Razr Maxx in my hands with Gingerbred 2.3.6. Man, I was like a little girl in love with the idea of getting a new puppy. It's June 18th, where's ICS!? I ask? That is the next thing for me to get excited over. I have the option to install a leak, but I am playing it safe and am just waiting for the full OTA release. Once it comes, I think life is finally complete for me, no, it really is.

So, why would a contest change my life? I'll be honest, it won't, however, it would help lift me back up into the tech world and make me feel inside how much the community really gives back. It'll make me think, maybe one, just one day I will be in a position to give back too. Hopefully this is for good things to come, I don't know, I know that right now, me and my technology is pretty darn inseparable again.

-Jay

#78 jfish3

jfish3

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@jeremyaf

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

Hi.
My last phone was the Droid X. I loved the build of it. When it was time to upgrade, I wanted a phone with similar quality. I chose the Razr Maxx cause of this and it's amazing battery life.

It was rooted the day I got it. I am a crack flasher. I enjoy flashing roms and using this phone for pretty much everything. It's my camera, media player, navigation system, and more rolled into one device.

Razr Maxx

#79 jlank

jlank

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

This site has been phenomenal! I've had my Razr for less than a week now. By the second day I had rooted and installed ICS 79 fastbooted back to 181? Reinstalled ics installed bootstrap. I am very content with this phone, I like it as much as my nexus. Thanks for all the help everybody!

#80 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

Its the 18th when will this contest end.

Sent from my .211 leak razr

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users