Photo

Ics 6.16.211 [Morning Of 6.15.2012] [Not Fastbootable!]

• Please log in to reply
610 replies to this topic

#441 Brian

Brian

Everyday holds a different challenge, how will you meet them?

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAnywhere you Aren't

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

I wonder how many posts I would have to make to not be considered a n00b? LOL.
Oh well, better to be thought of as knowing little, then to be thought of as knowing more then you really do.

#442 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

the link is broken...hmmm

check a few posts above this one, theres a lnk to a mirror (XBOT)
Posted Image

#443 jimboslice

jimboslice

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 315 posts
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

Okay so I installed this through file explorer/ rom manager. I lost root, and cannot regain root with Matt's utility. I still have superuser installed, but it will not grant root permissions. Any ideas?

I used the unstuck method and flashed 85.img in ap fastboot. Ran matts utility and I'm getting

/system/bin/sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied

EDIT: My persistent nature paid off :P
All I did was reflash 85 and follow matts instructions and used his utility for ics root. I now have root access :)

#444 theBonVoyage

theBonVoyage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

You said you were coming from .75, right? Did you fastboot BACK to .181 first, let the device restart, etc? Since you were on .75, you would not have needed to use the unstuck util at all (since the 211 update updates from .181, and since you were on .75, you should have been able to get back to .181 w/o an issue).

I suggest fastbooting again, back to .181, and letting your device boot just to make sure it did take .181. After that, try the update again.

Yeah it booted originally. It's booting .181 now for the third time. I'm redownloading the .211 update zip just incase it was a bad download.

#445 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:44 AM

Thanks, I am not sure if I want to run it, however, whats the point of having a smart phone, if you try and be smarter than it? And I cant seem to stop flashing new ROMS...no matter where they come from. One word of advice, however, NEVER fastboot anything with a weak battery!

#446 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

I have a question, and I apoologize that it isn't about this latest leak, but I was curious on how to become a developer, either for Motorola or somewhere?

#447 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

Anyone who needs the .211 update, me and a few others are seeding the torrent from MartyChubb's thread.. since rombots down, and xbot is a bit slower than some folks would like.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

-- link to thread

- link to the torrent itself (if you don't know how to use a torrent, then your only option right now is Xbot).

- dropbox link as well -- can't have too many options, right? :) (the .crc file is there, but is *not* needed if you're applying the update with MOTO STOCK RECOVERY, if you're unsure, download it just to be 100% safe)
Posted Image

#448 fosser2

fosser2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

People keep saying that the SOAK will be .211. I was wondering, for the final build of ICS wouldn't Motorola remove the Developer Options from settings?

#449 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

People keep saying that the SOAK will be .211. I was wondering, for the final build of ICS wouldn't Motorola remove the Developer Options from settings?

Nobody knows 100% for sure if 211 will be, and generally the options stay there, since things like USB debugging, etc are there, and options like that are sometimes needed for apps, etc. Not sure what, if anything else they may "need" to remove, if anything.
Posted Image

#450 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

Ok, so I just updated to .211 from .75 ICS Leak, this is how I did it and it works perfectly. Download the .211 file from

and then put it on your Ext. SD Card.

1. I used DroidRAZRUtility1.51_ICS_COMPATIBLE to fastboot back to .173:
A. Press and hold your power button and the volume down button at the same time, when the
screen flickers with a white bar, release the power button and then
press it again and hold it for a few seconds, release both buttons and you should be in
fastboot mode;
B. Plug your phone into your computer and double click on the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file;
C. Follow the directions to Restore RAZR to 6.12.173;
2. Then use the OTA ( Menu, Settings, About Phone, System Update) to get to .181;
3. Use MotoFail to root phone;
4. Go to the Play Store and install the following apps: ES File Explorer, ROM Manager (free
version), OTA Root Keeper.
5. Run OTA Root keeper, this next step is extremely important if you want to retain root after the
.211 update, after backing up root, click on Temp. un-Root, then click on restore root.
6. Open ES File Explorer, press menu, then settings. Check: up to Root, Root Explorer, Mount File
System.
7. Navigate to your sdcard-ext and find the Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip file
and copy it to your cache folder in the root directory.
8. Navigate to your cache folder and single click on the blur file, it should ask you which program to open it with, choose ROM Manager, it will ask you if you want to
reboot to recovery, say yes and let it do its thing.

VOILA! You are on the .211 leak. Final thing, open Voodoo OTA and restore root! Worked for me about 15 minutes ago. GOOD LUCK!

#451 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

Anyone know how to do screen shots from this leak?

#452 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

Anyone know how to do screen shots from this leak?

vol down+power i believe
Posted Image

#453 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:18 AM

vol down+power i believe

I tried that, doesn't seem to work, I will start pressing buttons and see what happens, Thanks!

#454 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

I tried that, doesn't seem to work, I will start pressing buttons and see what happens, Thanks!

its definately power down and volume, think you have to do it kinda fast.
Posted Image

#455 fosser2

fosser2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

Hold vol- and power for like 2 secs. It takes it.

#456 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

Ahh yes, got it. Thank you, once again my fingers were to fast for my brain.

#457 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

Ok, so I just updated to .211 from .75 ICS Leak, this is how I did it and it works perfectly. Download the .211 file from

and then put it on your Ext. SD Card.

1. I used DroidRAZRUtility1.51_ICS_COMPATIBLE to fastboot back to .173:
A. Press and hold your power button and the volume down button at the same time, when the
screen flickers with a white bar, release the power button and then
press it again and hold it for a few seconds, release both buttons and you should be in
fastboot mode;
B. Plug your phone into your computer and double click on the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file;
C. Follow the directions to Restore RAZR to 6.12.173;
2. Then use the OTA ( Menu, Settings, About Phone, System Update) to get to .181;
3. Use MotoFail to root phone;
4. Go to the Play Store and install the following apps: ES File Explorer, ROM Manager (free
version), OTA Root Keeper.
5. Run OTA Root keeper, this next step is extremely important if you want to retain root after the
.211 update, after backing up root, click on Temp. un-Root, then click on restore root.
6. Open ES File Explorer, press menu, then settings. Check: up to Root, Root Explorer, Mount File
System.
7. Navigate to your sdcard-ext and find the Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip file
and copy it to your cache folder in the root directory.
8. Navigate to your cache folder and single click on the blur file, it should ask you which program to open it with, choose ROM Manager, it will ask you if you want to
reboot to recovery, say yes and let it do its thing.

VOILA! You are on the .211 leak. Final thing, open Voodoo OTA and restore root! Worked for me about 15 minutes ago. GOOD LUCK!

Steps 1 & 2 are not needed. Just download the 1.6 RAZR Utility and fastboot straight to .181. Also, those steps for booting into fastboot mode are not correct. Correct steps are:

1. Power phone off
2. Press and hold power button and vol down at the same time.
3. Screen will flicker, let go of ONLY the power button.

Edited by spc_hicks09, 21 June 2012 - 12:08 PM.

#458 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

Steps 1 & 2 are not needed. Just download the 1.6 RAZR Utility and fastboot straight to .181. Also, those steps for booting into fastboot mode are not correct. Correct steps are:

1. Power phone off

If I'm reading correctly in that horrible small font but I believe they say step 2 OTA to .181

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#459 STiK

STiK

STiK in the Mud

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA
  • Current Device(s):LG Nexus 4

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

He fastbooted to 173, updated to 181, then ran the 211 update.

#460 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'm having trouble believing this worked. The .211 leak can only be installed coming from .181. It will not work coming from .173 unless that is a typo that you made. Also, those steps for booting into fastboot mode are not correct. Correct steps are:

1. Power phone off

You don't have to power down to get to fastboot using the Power and volume down button...I have done countless times from my home screen. and you will notice that after I fastbooted back to .173, I updated to .181...in re-reading my post, I am not sure where you are having a problem, I specefically said to release only the power button and the press it again.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users