• Please log in to reply
610 replies to this topic

#481 trevoryour

trevoryour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:17 PM

While I was waiting on an answer to if I would be stuck on ICS or if I could go back to GB I found a post that sounds like this will allow me to go back to GB. Can you guys confirm that this process is the right way to do this?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#482 King Lo

King Lo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

.211 is the ota. Verizon has updated thier support pdf.

#483 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

While I was waiting on an answer to if I would be stuck on ICS or if I could go back to GB I found a post that sounds like this will allow me to go back to GB. Can you guys confirm that this process is the right way to do this?

You cannot go back to GB unless you flash the .75 or .79 leaks. If you flash .211, you can't go back.

#484 habba

habba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

I know you guys are going to jump all over me but I am thoughly confused. Different forums have different information and I want to make sure I have this straght. I am currently sitting on 181 rooted. If I go to 211 is there no method for getting back to 181. The reason I ask is gingerbread is stable as can be and I don't want to be stuck in ICS world if I am going to be stuck with a bunch of bugs. I want to check out ICS but not at the cost of being able to go back.

Also can someone give me the most up to date instructions on what to do. I have the 211 Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US file on the root of my SDcard and I am rooted with bootstart installed (so I could make a backup).

Do I need to fastboot a fresh install of 181 then root or can I go from where I am at?
Should I use OTA rootkeeper to backup root or is rooting pretty straight forward now. It sounds like once you are at .85 you can root then reflash .211 or something like that.

Right now i'm a victim of legacy information overload. There is tons of data in the threads but i'm sure alot of it is out of date or flat our incorrect by this point. Someone please help point me in the right direction so I don't Ef up my phone. Thanks.

Go here and follow this you can go back to GB using 79 ics good luck

#485 Droid Commando

Droid Commando

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:29 PM

Are there any other mirrors for 211? The one in the OP is down

#486 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

Are there any other mirrors for 211? The one in the OP is down

search this thread for my post -- theres a torrent to get it from, theres xbot, or theres a dropbox link i posted. id link to it but im a bit busy right now, its a couple of pages before this post.
Posted Image

#487 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

-- TORRENT

- DROPBOX

- XBOT

all of these will get you .211 (6.16.211 is the SAME THING as ".211") everyones just been referenceing it as ".211" but it is the update that verizons docs say will be the ota.
Posted Image

#488 Junior

Junior

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

Thank you sir..

#489 trevoryour

trevoryour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Go here and follow this you can go back to GB using 79 ics good luck

Alright that gets me to .79 but can I then go to .211?

#490 trevoryour

trevoryour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

You cannot go back to GB unless you flash the .75 or .79 leaks. If you flash .211, you can't go back.

Are you sure. The posts said you can go back using the method in my post. I just need to know if it seems plausable or if I will end up hosed if I follow the directions.

#491 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Are you sure. The posts said you can go back using the method in my post. I just need to know if it seems plausable or if I will end up hosed if I follow the directions.

No going back on leaks > .79, however since .211 is going to be the OTA (since verizon updated their own support docs), it wont matter, as there wont be any going back to gb anyhow, period.
Posted Image

#492 jaredgibson82

jaredgibson82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:jaredgibson82

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

Ok, so I just updated to .211 from .75 ICS Leak, this is how I did it and it works perfectly. Download the .211 file from

and then put it on your Ext. SD Card.

1. I used DroidRAZRUtility1.51_ICS_COMPATIBLE to fastboot back to .173:
A. Press and hold your power button and the volume down button at the same time, when the
screen flickers with a white bar, release the power button and then
press it again and hold it for a few seconds, release both buttons and you should be in
fastboot mode;
B. Plug your phone into your computer and double click on the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file;
C. Follow the directions to Restore RAZR to 6.12.173;
2. Then use the OTA ( Menu, Settings, About Phone, System Update) to get to .181;
3. Use MotoFail to root phone;
4. Go to the Play Store and install the following apps: ES File Explorer, ROM Manager (free
version), OTA Root Keeper.
5. Run OTA Root keeper, this next step is extremely important if you want to retain root after the
.211 update, after backing up root, click on Temp. un-Root, then click on restore root.
6. Open ES File Explorer, press menu, then settings. Check: up to Root, Root Explorer, Mount File
System.
7. Navigate to your sdcard-ext and find the Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip file
and copy it to your cache folder in the root directory.
8. Navigate to your cache folder and single click on the blur file, it should ask you which program to open it with, choose ROM Manager, it will ask you if you want to
reboot to recovery, say yes and let it do its thing.

VOILA! You are on the .211 leak. Final thing, open Voodoo OTA and restore root! Worked for me about 15 minutes ago. GOOD LUCK!

I just used this method and it worked the first time. I tried the other way with system recovery and got every possible error. So for all those out there having issues try loading from the cache folder.

#493 draya1986

draya1986

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

You have to fastboot back to .181 using Matt's Droid Razr utility, then flash the boot211.img, then apply the 211 update itself, from your SD card.

Step 1. Dl 211
Step 2. Fastboot 181 w/ matts utils (you'll see some stuff fail, its OKAY) let it restart
Step 3. Fastboot the 211 boot.img (using the UNSTUCK util) restart device after
Step 4. Boot into recovery.
Step 5. Flash 211 from external sd card

I thought if I did a fastboot to 181 I'd be bricked? Just confirming before I try this now.

#494 jaredgibson82

jaredgibson82

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter:jaredgibson82

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

I thought if I did a fastboot to 181 I'd be bricked? Just confirming before I try this now.

I was on the 6.14.75 leak. I didn't have any problems going back to 181.

#495 draya1986

draya1986

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

I'm on 6.16.209. just wanted to confirm before I went any further. I have everything downloaded and I'm ready to go.

#496 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

If you are coming from a leak higher than 79 yes you will lol, that's the point.

I was on the 6.14.75 leak. I didn't have any problems going back to 181.

Because 75 and 79 can fastboot back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#497 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'm on 6.16.209. just wanted to confirm before I went any further. I have everything downloaded and I'm ready to go.

Just follow the steps that you quoted in your other post and you'll be golden

#498 habba

habba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

i have no idea what your doing? if you are on anything higher than ICS 79 you cant go back to GB 181

#499 trevoryour

trevoryour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

No going back on leaks > .79, however since .211 is going to be the OTA (since verizon updated their own support docs), it wont matter, as there wont be any going back to gb anyhow, period.

Does that mean 211 is bug free? everything works? Bluetooth, 4g Data? is there anything that works on 181 that doesn't work on 211?

#500 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

Does that mean 211 is bug free? everything works? Bluetooth, 4g Data? is there anything that works on 181 that doesn't work on 211?

Does everything work? Lol it's the OTA.

Everything the works on 181 Gingerbread works on 211 ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users