Photo

Ics 6.16.211 [Morning Of 6.15.2012] [Not Fastbootable!]

• Please log in to reply
610 replies to this topic

#461 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

If I'm reading correctly in that horrible small font but I believe they say step 2 OTA to .181

Yep, I edited my post before you replied lol. Still, steps 1 & 2 are not needed.

#462 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Yep, I edited my post before you replied lol. Still, steps 1 & 2 are not needed.

Haha... ninja edit. Nice. :ph34r:

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#463 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

You don't have to power down to get to fastboot using the Power and volume down button...I have done countless times from my home screen. and you will notice that after I fastbooted back to .173, I updated to .181...in re-reading my post, I am not sure where you are having a problem, I specefically said to release only the power button and the press it again.

Wow, so quick to jump on someone. I edited my post right after posting it. Here are the issues:

1. I was stating that steps 1 & 2 are not needed. Simply use the 1.6 Utility to fastboot straight to .181.

2. You do not press the power button again after releasing it. Just let go of it.

#464 Brian

Brian

Everyday holds a different challenge, how will you meet them?

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAnywhere you Aren't

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

Ok, so I just updated to .211 from .75 ICS Leak, this is how I did it and it works perfectly. Download the .211 file from

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and then put it on your Ext. SD Card.

1. I used DroidRAZRUtility1.51_ICS_COMPATIBLE to fastboot back to .173:
A. Press and hold your power button and the volume down button at the same time, when the
screen flickers with a white bar, release the power button and then
press it again and hold it for a few seconds, release both buttons and you should be in
fastboot mode;
B. Plug your phone into your computer and double click on the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file;
C. Follow the directions to Restore RAZR to 6.12.173;
2. Then use the OTA ( Menu, Settings, About Phone, System Update) to get to .181;
3. Use MotoFail to root phone;
4. Go to the Play Store and install the following apps: ES File Explorer, ROM Manager (free
version), OTA Root Keeper.
5. Run OTA Root keeper, this next step is extremely important if you want to retain root after the
.211 update, after backing up root, click on Temp. un-Root, then click on restore root.
6. Open ES File Explorer, press menu, then settings. Check: up to Root, Root Explorer, Mount File
System.
7. Navigate to your sdcard-ext and find the Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip file
and copy it to your cache folder in the root directory.
8. Navigate to your cache folder and single click on the blur file, it should ask you which program to open it with, choose ROM Manager, it will ask you if you want to
reboot to recovery, say yes and let it do its thing.

VOILA! You are on the .211 leak. Final thing, open Voodoo OTA and restore root! Worked for me about 15 minutes ago. GOOD LUCK!

Since I didn't realize that there were people from the old yahoo chat rooms here, that feel the need to cry about everything and criticize anything, I have made the font bigger and also, the reason that I didn't use Matts Utility that fastboots directly to .181 was that I have heard that some people have had problems using that, so I went from the reliable Utility. I guess that someone trying to help is construed as a problem, so the need to correct a perceived problem exists. I guess that if it helps others, then so be it, I dont have an issue with that. Just make sure you know the reason behind the steps of someone post, before you assume to know everything.

#465 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

Wow, so quick to jump on someone. I edited my post right after posting it. Here are the issues:

1. I was stating that steps 1 & 2 are not needed. Simply use the 1.6 Utility to fastboot straight to .181.

2. You do not press the power button again after releasing it. Just let go of it.

When i want to go straight to fast boot, I have had to press the power button again for a few seconds, that is what worked for me, and when I have tried it other ways, not so lucky. I apologize if what I responded was taken as jumping on you, All I was trying to do was give the exact steps that worked for me. If this seems to be a problem for others, I will delete my post, and be content to be a reader.

#466 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

When i want to go straight to fast boot, I have had to press the power button again for a few seconds, that is what worked for me, and when I have tried it other ways, not so lucky. I apologize if what I responded was taken as jumping on you, All I was trying to do was give the exact steps that worked for me. If this seems to be a problem for others, I will delete my post, and be content to be a reader.

Sorry if I was coming off as rude. I was just simply trying to make the instructions easier and more clear. Not really trying to correct you or belittle you, just refining your method.

We appreciate any and all post participation.

#467 Brian

Brian

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

Ha Ha...next time I will read through all posts before I respond to any. I apologize to all parties for my quick response and slow wit. It seems that today my brain and fingers are not in sync. Not sure what makes this different from any other day, but I insist it is. I only meant to help, and I thought that for beginners, it might help to start from the beginning using tried and true methods. As I have had issues with Matts Utility that restores .181, I figured I would post using the utility that restores .173. I want to thank all contributors to this and all forums and especially the devs that create the leaks we all love.

#468 mechatricity

mechatricity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

On this day in history, June 21 2012 AD, two parties favorably concluded a disagreement on the Internet.
  • txkssnapper, theBonVoyage and DHA123 like this

#469 Junior

Junior

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

links are down and im stuck at boot

#470 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

links are down and im stuck at boot

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#471 GlassEyedPete

GlassEyedPete

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Anybody know what to do if stock recovery just gives you a triangle with an "!" when you try to use it?

#472 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Anybody know what to do if stock recovery just gives you a triangle with an "!" when you try to use it?

Press both volume buttons at the same time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • GlassEyedPete likes this

#473 GlassEyedPete

GlassEyedPete

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Press both volume buttons at the same time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You rock

#474 draya1986

draya1986

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

If I'm on .209 can I just flash this or is there more steps I'm missing?

#475 boxermansr

boxermansr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationEl Paso, TX

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

If I'm on .210 can I just flash this or is there more steps I'm missing?

You have to fastboot back to .181 using Matt's Droid Razr utility, then flash the boot211.img, then apply the 211 update itself, from your SD card.

Step 1. Dl 211
Step 2. Fastboot 181 w/ matts utils (you'll see some stuff fail, its OKAY) let it restart
Step 3. Fastboot the 211 boot.img (using the UNSTUCK util) restart device after
Step 4. Boot into recovery.
Step 5. Flash 211 from external sd card
Posted Image

#476 GlassEyedPete

GlassEyedPete

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:23 PM

My installation aborted at the end...something about tmp and sideload....is that normal or should I dig up the exact error message?

#477 fosser2

fosser2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

My installation aborted at the end...something about tmp and sideload....is that normal or should I dig up the exact error message?

Sound like a error message from the beginning. How long did it update for?

#478 trevoryour

trevoryour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

I know you guys are going to jump all over me but I am thoughly confused. Different forums have different information and I want to make sure I have this straght. I am currently sitting on 181 rooted. If I go to 211 is there no method for getting back to 181. The reason I ask is gingerbread is stable as can be and I don't want to be stuck in ICS world if I am going to be stuck with a bunch of bugs. I want to check out ICS but not at the cost of being able to go back.

Also can someone give me the most up to date instructions on what to do. I have the 211 Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US file on the root of my SDcard and I am rooted with bootstart installed (so I could make a backup).

Do I need to fastboot a fresh install of 181 then root or can I go from where I am at?
Should I use OTA rootkeeper to backup root or is rooting pretty straight forward now. It sounds like once you are at .85 you can root then reflash .211 or something like that.

Right now i'm a victim of legacy information overload. There is tons of data in the threads but i'm sure alot of it is out of date or flat our incorrect by this point. Someone please help point me in the right direction so I don't Ef up my phone. Thanks.

#479 habba

habba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

This is kinda scary cause if something happens during flash and you cant get it to install and enough of the flash went through to lock you from 181 you are in trouble. this happened to me flash got hung up on boot image for 20 min so i re boot try to go to 181 and no go lock to 211 and no install luckly it went through the next time.

thats why i like safestrap if something goes south you have a backup to flash back to.

#480 habba

habba

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

So far this 4.0.4 is very nice, more snappy then 79 and smooth, i am having trouble with printer to print , keep getting moto print not responding.

also battery life is much much better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users