• Twitter:@gcarterny
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

Can we get the title changed to the real soak test forum.lol

#522 Guest_cpuman_*

Guest_cpuman_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

Did you data wipe? And sing into google acount?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

No i never data wiped. So should i erase and reset to default settings then teload
211 again using rom manager?

#523 jsmilie

jsmilie

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:03 AM

Coming from 181. I used the cache method and it worked perfect without data or cache wipe. Then used voodoo to get root back. Thanks everyone!

#524 wyld

wyld

Some Kind Of Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Google+:rramos729@gmail.com
  • LocationPortage Indiana

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

No i never data wiped. So should i erase and reset to default settings then teload
211 again using rom manager?

I would just do a wipe data/factory reset and resign into Google acount. i dont think you need to reload 211

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#525 trevoryour

trevoryour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:06 AM

Does everything work? Lol it's the OTA.

Technically it isn't the OTA yet. Until it starts being pushed down to the masses its still a leak and as such it may still have issues. The last time I tried ICS (.79 I think) I had issues with my bluetooth calls and data connectivity not to mention random weirdness. I just wanted to touch base with everyone running .211. how does it compare overall with 181. Speed, battery, stability etc? If its rock solid then I guess I can take the plunge. I just don't want to be stuck with an unstable phone until Moto decides to to finally release an update.

#526 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

Technically it isn't the OTA yet. Until it starts being pushed down to the masses its still a leak and as such it may still have issues. The last time I tried ICS (.79 I think) I had issues with my bluetooth calls and data connectivity not to mention random weirdness. I just wanted to touch base with everyone running .211. how does it compare overall with 181. Speed, battery, stability etc? If its rock solid then I guess I can take the plunge. I just don't want to be stuck with an unstable phone until Moto decides to to finally release an update.

Both Motorola and Verizon have confirmed that .211 is the OTA.

And yes the ROM is rock solid, especially compared to .79

#527 kma117

kma117

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:19 AM

The only thing that I'm not liking about .211 is that there is not a setting to make the network 3G only. Only options are Global, LTE / CDMA, and GSM / UMTS.

#528 trevoryour

trevoryour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

The only thing that I'm not liking about .211 is that there is not a setting to make the network 3G only. Only options are Global, LTE / CDMA, and GSM / UMTS.

I don't think thats really a bug though. I have never had to switch to 3g only so its not a concern. I'm looking for things that should work but don't work properly as apposed to options that are not available. Thanks for the info though.
  • kma117 likes this

#529 trevoryour

trevoryour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

Crap! I'm in the middle of flashing the 211 update and I realized I forgot to unfreeze the bloat apps that I froze while at 181. Will I have problems now? If I do, since I can't go back to 181 how can I fix it?

#530 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

Crap! I'm in the middle of flashing the 211 update and I realized I forgot to unfreeze the bloat apps that I froze while at 181. Will I have problems now? If I do, since I can't go back to 181 how can I fix it?

If it installs you will not have issues. It will unfreeze everything though.

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#531 trevoryour

trevoryour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

If it installs you will not have issues. It will unfreeze everything though.

Well i'm watching the loading screen so am I good or do I have to wait to see if it will install successfully. I only froze bloat apps like nfl, slingbox ect. I didn't freeze any thing system related.

BTW what is it that keeps phones with ICS from going back to GB? Radios, Kernel, Recovery?

#532 exalted911

exalted911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

I've been running 211 for about a week now and I can tell you that its rock solid, no drop call, no data issues, the phone is much faster and responsive. all my apps work great, and my battery life has improved like 40% from gingerbread. NOTE it took a couple of charges till I started to see the results on my battery life.

#533 crupp

crupp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:32 AM

Has anyone received the official OTA yet?

#534 crupp

crupp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

curious if we'll have to do anything to recieve the update if we are on .209, 21ll Kernel, not rooted and completely stock

#535 chinkster

chinkster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

this is a good friday forrrreals

#536 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:07 AM

curious if we'll have to do anything to recieve the update if we are on .209, 21ll Kernel, not rooted and completely stock

If you are on anything above 6.12.79 you will never receive the update via OTA. The only people who will receive it are bone stock (root ok) .181. There is no reason for you to wait anymore to update to .211, unless you just like what you have now.

You can use Matt's new 1.7 Utility

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

or, since you are already on an earlier version ICS leak,
You can use my mod of Matt's 1.6 Utility

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and keep data (or most of it at least, some apps might need data cleared individually.) My mod is a little convoluted due to the .210 -> .211 leaks being so close together, but if you read the OP and the later post linked within it you shouldn't have too much problem.

#537 GlassEyedPete

GlassEyedPete

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

When I had this error it was because I was rooted. I just did the file explorer method.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I spent a few hours last night soldering a spare usb cable into a motorola "Factory Cable". It allows you to program AP Fastboot without a charge on the battery, or any battery installed at all. Long story short, have a full charge on your battery before you play with your phone. I never heeded that advice too carefully before, but that's a lesson learned.

#538 fosser2

fosser2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

Well, I spent a few hours last night soldering a spare usb cable into a motorola "Factory Cable". It allows you to program AP Fastboot without a charge on the battery, or any battery installed at all. Long story short, have a full charge on your battery before you play with your phone. I never heeded that advice too carefully before, but that's a lesson learned.

heh, tell me about it. been there done that...

#539 chinkster

chinkster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

where can i find the instructions on how to make one of these motorola factory cables? i dont wanna pay $30 bucks for a freakin cable...

edit: nm googled it. looks a little more complicated than just cut and splice. damn i wish monoprice would sell these for a buck or two lol

#540 razrguy251

razrguy251

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

You NEED to be on .181 to get the ota, so the only option you have, being on 210 right now, is to use matt's droid razr utility, to fastboot back to .181, then use the unstuck utility for 211, flash the boot211.img via fastboot (with the unstuck tool), and then put the 211 update zip (thats posted in this thread) on your SD card, and apply that from sd card/external storage. The OTA update will ONLY be recognized on a device running .181, NO other build

im on 211 so that means when the OTA comes out i can get one it or am i gonna have to use the utility to flash back to 181.. i did the whole process to get to 211 correctly where u flash to 181 then to 211

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users