• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#321 ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

I love how official ICS has been out for less than 2 weeks yet everyone is in "ermagerd jerreh bean!?" mode. Its gonna be weeks if not months away.

Sent from my Koa RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#322 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

I love how official ICS has been out for less than 2 weeks yet everyone is in "ermagerd jerreh bean!?" mode. Its gonna be weeks if not months away.

Sent from my Koa RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I freaking love you...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#323 letto

letto

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Pardon me if I offend...

Today marks one week since the announcement of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. We’ve had a chance to play around with Google’s newest OS and must say we’re quite impressed; not only does it bring a faster, smoother UI but it also includes one of the most helpful Android features ever devised: Google Now. Part Siri-competitor, part mind-reader, Google Now analyzes your Google searches and lets you know when you need to leave for work, from which gate your flight is departing as well as the sports scores of your favorite teams. If you’ve got a burning question, you can ask it and hear a response in a voice so lifelike, it puts Siri to shame. Google Now heralds a new era for Google: it’s so futuristic, it’s almost scary. Along with new 3D maps, the Nexus Tablet and the intriguing Nexus Q streaming media player, Google has been truly hitting the ball out of the park and we’ve been so excited to share their latest innovations with you.

That is why I asked; I don't trust "that site" as much as I do this...

#324 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:31 PM

Pardon me if I offend...

Today marks one week since the announcement of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. We’ve had a chance to play around with Google’s newest OS and must say we’re quite impressed; not only does it bring a faster, smoother UI but it also includes one of the most helpful Android features ever devised: Google Now. Part Siri-competitor, part mind-reader, Google Now analyzes your Google searches and lets you know when you need to leave for work, from which gate your flight is departing as well as the sports scores of your favorite teams. If you’ve got a burning question, you can ask it and hear a response in a voice so lifelike, it puts Siri to shame. Google Now heralds a new era for Google: it’s so futuristic, it’s almost scary. Along with new 3D maps, the Nexus Tablet and the intriguing Nexus Q streaming media player, Google has been truly hitting the ball out of the park and we’ve been so excited to share their latest innovations with you.

That is why I asked; I don't trust "that site" as much as I do this...

You're fine man. Just gotta remember that ICS was out for a bit more than 6 months before the RAZR got it. While JB isn't a large change its still gonna take a while before we get it.

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#325 SpectrumKing21

SpectrumKing21

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

You're fine man. Just gotta remember that ICS was out for a bit more than 6 months before the RAZR got it. While JB isn't a large change its still gonna take a while before we get it.

Maybe not...Google did just acquire Motorola Mobility, did it not? Could change things.

#326 mfheinze

mfheinze

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationWest Point, Utah

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

I can't seem to get the update. When I do an about and then update it just says "Check for update not available at this time. Try again later". I've been getting this for about a week now. Is their any thing els I can do to get the the update.

#327 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

Have you rebooted your phone?

#328 mfheinze

mfheinze

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

Rebooting did it. It now tells me that I have an update ready to be downloaded. Thanks.

#329 dcn-mike

dcn-mike

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

I rooted my Droid RAZR last month before ICS came out, now ICS will not install. I am fairly 'droid-dumb'. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Dcn Mike

#330 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

I rooted my Droid RAZR last month before ICS came out, now ICS will not install. I am fairly 'droid-dumb'. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
Dcn Mike

Download VooDooRootkeeper from the market and temporarily unroot your phone. Do the OTA ICS update, then go back into VooDoo and restore root.

#331 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:00 PM

FYI, I found this out the hard way. Even with Voodoo the update will fail if you have safestrap installed. It only works with bootstrap.

#332 TheKingOdysseus

TheKingOdysseus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Google+:paulheinl1970@gmail.com
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

I have heard people talking about Google Now, can you get that for a non-rooted Razr?
Why can't you put your Speedtest image results in your signature????????????

#333 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

I have heard people talking about Google Now, can you get that for a non-rooted Razr?

Nope. Only on 4.1 and apparently there's a non 100% functional AOSP version

#334 mfheinze

mfheinze

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

So i got the update installed. Now i can't power off the screen. When the screen timeout kicks in it just dims the screen and asks for my password. If i hit the power button twice it will turn off the screen but when i turn it back on i don't get the swipe to unlock screen, just the password screen. After entering the password the screen turns on and everything seems normal except the phone has been changed to vibrate. Do i need to do a factory reset and wipe? Also my phone is rooted but no custom roms.

#335 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

So i got the update installed. Now i can't power off the screen. When the screen timeout kicks in it just dims the screen and asks for my password. If i hit the power button twice it will turn off the screen but when i turn it back on i don't get the swipe to unlock screen, just the password screen. After entering the password the screen turns on and everything seems normal except the phone has been changed to vibrate. Do i need to do a factory reset and wipe? Also my phone is rooted but no custom roms.

Go to settings-> Security-> Lockscreen-> change to slide to unlock option. See if the fixes it. Also check what the screen timeout is set to.

Sent From My Semi-Stock Droid RAZR Using Tapatalk 2 Beta 69

#336 mfheinze

mfheinze

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

Go to settings-> Security-> Lockscreen-> change to slide to unlock option. See if the fixes it. Also check what the screen timeout is set to.

Sent From My Semi-Stock Droid RAZR Using Tapatalk 2 Beta 69

That just changed it to the slide to unlock. The screen still won't turn off unless I hit the power button twice.

#337 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:03 AM

FYI, I found this out the hard way. Even with Voodoo the update will fail if you have safestrap installed. It only works with bootstrap.

The question was about getting the OTA with a rooted phone, not about safestrap. VooDoo will temporarily unroot the phone so you can get the OTA, then reroot the phone.

#338 dragonbro

dragonbro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationBay Area California

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

I've installed the 211 leak thru Matt's utility and re-rooted the phone....but after a week I still haven't received the OTA notice from big RED. Bay Area, Ca

#339 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

The question was about getting the OTA with a rooted phone, not about safestrap. VooDoo will temporarily unroot the phone so you can get the OTA, then reroot the phone.

Apparently you didn't get my point. My phone is rooted and I haver voodoo but the OTA update failed because I am using safestrap instead of bootstrap. I had to fastboot .181 and then take the OTA update and then re-root using Matts unility. Just trying to help.....Dude. Voodoo does nothing if you can't get the update.

#340 Frostyninja

Frostyninja

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

I've installed the 211 leak thru Matt's utility and re-rooted the phone....but after a week I still haven't received the OTA notice from big RED. Bay Area, Ca

Because the 211 leak is the OTA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users