• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#341 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

Apparently you didn't get my point. My phone is rooted and I haver voodoo but the OTA update failed because I am using safestrap instead of bootstrap. I had to fastboot .181 and then take the OTA update and then re-root using Matts unility. Just trying to help.....Dude. Voodoo does nothing if you can't get the update.

I get your point. The post I was responding to was about doing an OTA update on a rooted phone. It had nothing to do with safestrap. There are 1000 reasons an update might not work. My post had to do with rooted phones and VooDoo. So, why respond to my post to talk about safestrap with your FYI. I am well aware of the safestrap issue.

#342 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:31 PM

So you don't think a failing OTA update on a rooted phone just might have something to do with safestrap? Or is it just that you didn't think to mention it and now your little ego is bruised. I'm sure you will get over it. Go get yourself some ice cream. Stop bothering me with this nonsence.

#343 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

So you don't think a failing OTA update on a rooted phone just might have something to do with safestrap? Or is it just that you didn't think to mention it and now your little ego is bruised. I'm sure you will get over it. Go get yourself some ice cream. Stop bothering me with this nonsence.

Be nice man. I helped you a few days ago with the same issue. Everyone stick to topic and keep it friendly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#344 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

I'm trying man. I just don't know why you keep go on and on with this. You asked why I commented, I told you why and that should be the end of it. I was really just trying to help the person who apparently was having the same issue that I had. Peace!

#345 savannahman

savannahman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

Be nice man. I helped you a few days ago with the same issue. Everyone stick to topic and keep it friendly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OH, it wasn't you sorry. I was just trying to help someone who appparently was having the same problem I had. Then I got 20 questions from jingfitzgerald. He asked why I commented and I told him, 3 times. I was just trying to help but really? The guy acted as if I broke into his house and stole his hot wheel collection. Really not necessary. read the posts...

#346 johnnysyeah

johnnysyeah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

I read that the DROID razr maxx has a chip for nfc technology embedded in the phone. Does anyone know if this feature is enabled with this update?

Might be shooting a question in the dark here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#347 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

I read that the DROID razr maxx has a chip for nfc technology embedded in the phone. Does anyone know if this feature is enabled with this update?

Might be shooting a question in the dark here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It doesn't

Sent from my DROID SPYDER

#348 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

Don't know for sure if it has it or not but according to this page, it does.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#349 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

Don't know for sure if it has it or not but according to this page, it does.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

It doesn't. The HD might. But I've read about NFC enabled SD Cards

Sent From My Semi-Stock Droid RAZR Using Tapatalk 2 Beta 69
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#350 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

Dude, what the hell is your problem. We were talking about using VooDoo to temporarily unroot a phone. You chimed in with the safestrap issue. That's fine, but it had nothing to do with my post, so no need for the FYI.

#351 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:26 PM

Try to stay on topic guys, I don't want to close this down but will if I have to.

#352 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Why is task manager app removed in this update? It was a really nice feature of blur/gb I thought

#353 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

Why is task manager app removed in this update? It was a really nice feature of blur/gb I thought

Press and hold the home button, that's the new task manager.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#354 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Ah ha. Thanks, I see now that I could be dismissing unwanted processes and then maybe my ram wouldn't be constantly running low. Still, I suppose i'll still need to find a good memory analyzer since this new iteration doesn't show the numbers. I liked being able to see like 400 megs of available ram at my fingertips

#355 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

On second thought, wouldn't this manage only the cache dedicated ram? When I clear the processes there the ram reserve doesn't seem to change

#356 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

On second thought, wouldn't this manage only the cache dedicated ram? When I clear the processes there the ram reserve doesn't seem to change

Android manages memory on the fly. Pretty much the only time you ever need to kill a process is if it's written poorly or the occasional runaway app. Don't worry about your free RAM so much, it will handle itself just fine.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

#357 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:17 PM

Awesome. What is it then that is making my phone laggy? And why did the gingerbread system include a task manager? When I noticed a problem on gingerbread I was always able to take a quick peak at the usage and clean it up just a bit, and make it snappy again. I can't see a way to do that on Ics within the system. Swiping things away from the recently open list when you hold home down does not seem to help this problem.

I realize you can download task killers and that's the route I'm taking, but I liked that it was included in the system software on gingerbread. I don't really like to run task killers, but it seemed like if moto provided one then it was probably safe to use.

#358 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

There was a stock task killer on GB? Well, I'll be darn. Guess I never noticed it.

Probably because I rarely kill apps. I honesty do not remember the last time I, killed an app and when ever the last time was that I did do it I can pretty much guarantee I did it by going into the the built-in app manager and just force stopping it.

IMO, task killers are a complete waste.

#359 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

There was a stock task killer on GB? Well, I'll be darn. Guess I never noticed it.

Probably because I rarely kill apps. I honesty do not remember the last time I, killed an app and when ever the last time was that I did do it I can pretty much guarantee I did it by going into the the built-in app manager and just force stopping it.

IMO, task killers are a complete waste.

Task Killers haven't been needed since froyo and people would save a lot of battery if they stopped using them.
  • Ahowe125 likes this

#360 meadeyd

meadeyd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:39 PM

Yeah it was actually really quite helpful in keeping memory available with an Auto end list and showing physical values of available ram. My phone almost never slowed down. I have a lot of apps though, and I have always found the more apps you use the more necessary it becomes to manually manage your ram

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users